List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Have not read every page of this thread, but IMO people are underestimating the potential, ability and development of Henry Smith. Tell him he has the job for the first 6 weeks and watch him blossom.

The club has been aware of Joe for 12 months, so mayhap they fell the same.
liked glimpses of what Henry had shown, bringing the ball to ground, good ruck craft, but to hear Max Gawn come out unprompted and label him the next big thing really made me take notice.

Look at how Kai and Logan came on this year, he has only played 4 games. Could end up a genuine strength working in concert with B O.

Really don't want to do what the 3 peat guys did and think only of today, keen for us to give a spot to a project kpf if we can, I know list spots are like hens teeth, but we seem set for mids for the next 5 or more years.

liked glimpses of what Henry had shown, bringing the ball to ground, good ruck craft, but to hear Max Gawn come out unprompted and label him the next big thing really made me take notice.

Look at how Kai and Logan came on this year, he has only played 4 games. Could end up a genuine strength working in concert with B O.

Really don't want to do what the 3 peat guys did and think only of today, keen for us to give a spot to a project kpf if we can, I know list spots are like hens teeth, but we seem set for mids for the next 5 or more years.

A ruck who is a strong contested mark, good kick, has strong tap work and can kick goals. It is a pretty handy skill set. He's young, but we're invested and so is Henry.

A partially torn ACL is forever a partially torn ACL, there is no rehab or surgery that is ever going to fix that. The ACL doesn’t have any blood flow so it doesn’t fix itself no matter how much time it is given.
The fact that he has now fully torn that ACL is the best thing that can happen, as now he can actually have it reconstructed.
And should heal as well as any other.

Lewis will be back from his ACL in April, so should be good to go from May.

Also remember Lewis was in Vegas with the boys last off-season. I think the rumour has merit.
Is that him in the front right?
Gunston was also on that trip I believe.
Heard some other interesting things about that trip last weekend.
Which I blew off as a pile of 💩 but it was interesting all the same, especially if true.
Even though it wasn’t in Vegas at all.

I had GWS as playing the the GF at the start of the season, i thought you guys were big, strong, out of the limelight and hungry. GWS kinda reminded me of the Geelong teams the Lions faced a few years back, just big hard bodies that bullied teams. then during the season there seemed time of fragility, where minds just couldn't stay in the game for some reason, a team distracted not just single players. In the finals this showed up big time, what ever it is where a whole team just turns off you have to solve or you will continue to be just a good finals team. Like the suns whom cant win away from home, GWS need to work on their leaders to 'lead' when they see the momentum changes happening.

thanks for dropping into our group.
I'll add to this by saying GWS appeared to have the problem we had like 2 years ago where we couldn't stop teams who had momentum and went defensive too early to defend our lead. I saw that a few times throughout GWS' season and then it got showed up in finals.

Jake Riccardi is the player that I feel a trade could be possible.

Was dropped just before finals, so could be open to a move.

Every time I see him play I think he goes ok. Capable of being a 30-40 a year goal scorer.

Only 24, 198 cm, very mobile, can pinch hit in the ruck, big bodied.

A future second or third should get the deal done.

We have enough fire power up forward, players who play tall... Kai, Ah Chee, Lincoln, Rayner, Hipwood, Morris, that Riccardi would be a role player Full Forward where 1.5 goals a game, relief ruck, would be sufficient.

Jake Riccardi is the player that I feel a trade could be possible.

Was dropped just before finals, so could be open to a move.

Every time I see him play I think he goes ok. Capable of being a 30-40 a year goal scorer.

Only 24, 198 cm, very mobile, can pinch hit in the ruck, big bodied.

A future second or third should get the deal done.

We have enough fire power up forward, players who play tall... Kai, Ah Chee, Lincoln, Rayner, Hipwood, Morris, that Riccardi would be a role player Full Forward where 1.5 goals a game, relief ruck, would be sufficient.

Not a bad option at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that him in the front right?
Gunston was also on that trip I believe.
Heard some other interesting things about that trip last weekend.
Which I blew off as a pile of 💩 but it was interesting all the same, especially if true.
Even though it wasn’t in Vegas at all.

I think it was ridiculous that it got brought up in the media when we started 0-3 but fair to say some of them didn’t exactly cover themselves in glory.

But that’s their personal lives, not the media’s business.

A partially torn ACL is forever a partially torn ACL, there is no rehab or surgery that is ever going to fix that. The ACL doesn’t have any blood flow so it doesn’t fix itself no matter how much time it is given.
The fact that he has now fully torn that ACL is the best thing that can happen, as now he can actually have it reconstructed.
And should heal as well as any other.
Wasn't Dodee's ACL earlier this year only a partial tear but he opted for another full reconstruction?

Wasn't Dodee's ACL earlier this year only a partial tear but he opted for another full reconstruction?

You are correct. That is what many think was the safe option for Lewis too, but the Hawks and Mitch took the risk.

It happened Tuesday 26/3/24. He should be close to playing preseason games. If not sometime before round 3 in 2025
.....................................................................................................................................
Tom Doedee's AFL comeback has been cruelly denied after the Brisbane Lions recruit tore his anterior cruciate ligament for a third time ahead of his side's grand final rematch with Collingwood.

The Adelaide pick-up was set to return from his second ACL rupture in Thursday's high-stakes Gabba clash - a timely addition given injuries to fellow backs Keidean Coleman and Conor McKenna.

The 27-year-old will now join them on the sidelines and possibly require surgery after an "innocuous" incident in the final moments of Tuesday's training session.

Scans confirmed a partial tear in his right ACL, the same one he ruptured last season while playing for the Crows.

That’s because his was an already reconstructed ACL.
Bit different when it is an already a fake ACL as opposed to your own ligament.

Hear me out

images

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back