List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Great time to invest in our academy and back our youth. Tom Gillett 200cm developing ruck forward. Has the size we are looking for and could have a year like Morris. Looked comfortable at VFL level.
We should look to the Academy. Gillet or Gallop or Richardson could all develop into quality forward targets. Henry Smith is also another option. I also could see Cam Rayner as a full forward in the Dunstall mould. Why do posters think other teams cast offs or injury plagued players with average real life records are better options..? We don't have the draft capital to get too fancy or dream.

On SM-T510 using BigFooty.com mobile app

We should look to the Academy. Gillet or Gallop or Richardson could all develop into quality forward targets. Henry Smith is also another option. I also could see Cam Rayner as a full forward in the Dunstall mould. Why do posters think other teams cast offs or injury plagued players with average real life records are better options..? We don't have the draft capital to get too fancy or dream.

On SM-T510 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why wouldn’t we pick up one of the academy talls and also some mature backup? Lane’s been delisted, Joe retired so we need 2 to cover vacancies.

Can’t expect a late pick tall to come in and play a role. McMorris is a massive outlier.

Hear me out

images

Reported

I was very worried by Smith's pretty terrible senior appearances this year, but I will say he looked a lot better in the reserves, especially in the ruck, and was a pretty good kick for goal. If the club thinks he'll come on then I trust their judgement over mine any day.

I don't see any urgent need to bring in another tall forward -- let's shake it up a bit, keep the oppo guessing and rotate a bunch of smalls and medium-sized players through there. We have the talent.

Terrible? I thought his debut against Sydney was bad but then was decent in his last couple. Logan Morris is an outlier when it comes to talls debuting. Oscar barely did anything in his first games.

I come in peace. The itk that posted on our board is very connected and doesn't post very often but when he does, it's normally true. Whether a deal gets done of not Is a different story, but there would definitely be alot of interest.

I know this is the silly season where every team overrate their own and underrate everyone else's players. But mitch Lewis when fit is a seriously good player. He's had his injury issues but he was looking every bit a top 5 kpf in 2023 before he hurt his knee , and the acl this year might be the time off his body has needed to get everything right. He would be a great pick up if a deal can get done , and for the right price we might let him go if he's been offered a big contract, it seems we have a good relationship and mutual respect at the trade table.

The other reason I don't see Hawthorn trading Lewis is their key forward stocks aren't that much better than ours sans Daniher. Dear who's a promising young forward, Chol who has question marks over his flakiness, Lewis who's coming off an ACL and a couple of project types.

Dear having a great first year would make Hawthorn more open but yeah I can see price being the main issue.

Terrible? I thought his debut against Sydney was bad but then was decent in his last couple. Logan Morris is an outlier when it comes to talls debuting. Oscar barely did anything in his first games.
He did get slightly better but was timid in the forward line, passing off unexpectedly to surprised-looking unprepared teammates, when he should have been kicking for goal from a very gettable position. He looked scared to kick the ball. It stood out really badly, and I don't think I was the only one to notice.

I come in peace. The itk that posted on our board is very connected and doesn't post very often but when he does, it's normally true. Whether a deal gets done of not Is a different story, but there would definitely be alot of interest.

I know this is the silly season where every team overrate their own and underrate everyone else's players. But mitch Lewis when fit is a seriously good player. He's had his injury issues but he was looking every bit a top 5 kpf in 2023 before he hurt his knee , and the acl this year might be the time off his body has needed to get everything right. He would be a great pick up if a deal can get done , and for the right price we might let him go if he's been offered a big contract, it seems we have a good relationship and mutual respect at the trade table.

Issue is he can’t string a full season together and has never kicked more than 40 goals and is coming off an ACL. I had a two minute look at the Hawks board and I think it’s one of those ones, purely from a fan perspective, that Hawks fans and Lions fans are very far apart on his worth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, it is an impossible comparison for guys like Smith and Lloyd being compared to the greatest of all time Logan 🐐 Morris.

Smith was not ready this year, but still showed a strong ability to contest. Think ideal world he'd be a 2026 best 22 player, but Joe out and knowing he has the spot might be what helps fast track him next year.

Issue is he can’t string a full season together and has never kicked more than 40 goals and is coming off an ACL. I had a two minute look at the Hawks board and I think it’s one of those ones, purely from a fan perspective, that Hawks fans and Lions fans are very far apart on his worth.

Your medical staff is very good they would back themselves to get him right ? Daniher came over playing a total of 15 or so games over his last 3 seasons with the bombers. His best is very very good , and why you're keen on him. I won't put a value on him but it would have to work for us, to do a deal on contracted player that is about to hit his prime.

Your medical staff is very good they would back themselves to get him right ? Daniher came over playing a total of 15 or so games over his last 3 seasons with the bombers. His best is very very good , and why you're keen on him. I won't put a value on him but it would have to work for us, to do a deal on contracted player that is about to hit his prime.

The difference is we only gave up $$$ to get Joe as a RFA. Whereas we will actually need to give up picks/players for Lewis which is where the value proposition is a bit far apart from a fan perspective.

Joe had also overcome his injury issues by the time we got him which is why there was a confidence there on our end. Whereas Lewis has consistently been injured with different injuries and won’t be available until mid next year.

The difference is we only gave up $$$ to get Joe as a RFA. Whereas we will actually need to give up picks/players for Lewis which is where the value proposition is a bit far apart from a fan perspective.

Joe had also overcome his injury issues by the time we got him which is why there was a confidence there on our end. Whereas Lewis has consistently been injured with different injuries and won’t be available until mid next year.
My understanding is that the club were still hoping to get another year out of Joe because he is contracted for another year.
Now with that not being the case, we may still be prepared to wait another year because we may not have been planning for his replacement for this year, but next.
Plus we really don’t have any trade capital this year, unless we were prepared to give up someone like Zac Bailey?

If Mitch Lewis was fit I think there would be a lot more excitement on our board. He looks like a terrific young talent. The issue is that he's not fit and is a gamble. Not many of us would be keen on trading known quantities in terms of fit best 22 players for someone who might not even get on the training track let alone play a game. Doedee might still come good, but at the moment that experience stands out fresh in our minds and no-one wants to lose a premiership hero to a contending, dangerous team for a gamble. It's hard to see a net gain from our perspective.

I would be quite comfortable with sticking with what we have for now and spending 2025 getting in the ear of a few player managers about 2026.

My understanding is that the club were still hoping to get another year out of Joe because he is contracted for another year.
Now with that not being the case, we may still be prepared to wait another year because we may not have been planning for his replacement for this year, but next.
Plus we really don’t have any trade capital this year, unless we were prepared to give up someone like Zac Bailey?

Yeah we’ve got nothing to trade for a good player with. Survive the year with cheap depth, and go throw a bag of money at someone.

I can see Rayner/lohmann rotating as the deepest forward being fun, just got to somehow not lose too many contests when we have to kick long and high.

I wouldn’t be panicking or forcing our hand. I’d be fine going in with no huge ins and then doing what you said end of 2025. I still like the idea of a depth mature KPP but depends who would be willing to move here for potentially just a year.

If Mitch Lewis was fit I think there would be a lot more excitement on our board. He looks like a terrific young talent. The issue is that he's not fit and is a gamble. Not many of us would be keen on trading known quantities in terms of fit best 22 players for someone who might not even get on the training track let alone play a game. Doedee might still come good, but at the moment that experience stands out fresh in our minds and no-one wants to lose a premiership hero to a contending, dangerous team for a gamble. It's hard to see a net gain from our perspective.

I would be quite comfortable with sticking with what we have for now and spending 2025 getting in the ear of a few player managers about 2026.

Oscar Allen and Darcy Fogarty do you want to win premierships? Or is a hungry jacks franchise and a guaranteed gig at Triple M Adelaide worth slugging through the next few years out of the 8?

I wouldn’t be panicking or forcing our hand. I’d be fine going in with no huge ins and then doing what you said end of 2025. I still like the idea of a depth mature KPP but depends who would be willing to move here for potentially just a year.

Love that you're saying no huge ins despite the fact we will have the #1 player in the draft haha.

Love that you're saying no huge ins despite the fact we will have the #1 player in the draft haha.

That’s a rort Nuney, it doesn’t even factor into my mind because that is what we are OWED. As masters of academies and father sons. Overlords of St Kilda.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back