List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s a rort Nuney, it doesn’t even factor into my mind because that is what we are OWED. As masters of academies and father sons. Overlords of St Kilda.

It’s so funny we got Dunks, WAshcroft and Fletcher in one off season at the cost of a measly future first. Then drafted McMorris with pick 31 the following year.

Hahahahahahaha I love rorts ❤️

Your medical staff is very good they would back themselves to get him right ? Daniher came over playing a total of 15 or so games over his last 3 seasons with the bombers. His best is very very good , and why you're keen on him. I won't put a value on him but it would have to work for us, to do a deal on contracted player that is about to hit his prime.

We wont be pushing anyone out the door to make a deal happen. Any suggestions of Bailey, Lohman, Morris etc just wont happen, and honestly don’t think anyone will be shaking them free in any negotiations after this year.

Your board suggestion 2 x 1st is as unlikely as us getting him for a F3. Realistically we will generate additional points downgrading our first rounder this year (~700 is what history shown for that pick) but will likely be left considerable short for Ashcroft and Marshall still.

Understanding that, the most I could see us offering is our 2025 R1, with a decent amount of later picks being included for matching, to cover the short fall. While it’s not ideal with Annables but next year, if we feel the need enough for Mitchell, we can alway cover his points by future trading again.

Loving the convo here, I was pissed off about Joe at first, but after the BNF and hearing he was going to leave this year either way, I instantly just became happy we/he got 1.

He is hard to replace but I think we can still compete without him in 2025.

Liking most of the options that have been thrown up, but I think a large point is being missed.

One of our 3 tall forwards has to back up ruck.

So if it’s Lewis, Ricardi, Membry - either one of them or Hipwood or Morris has to take over Joe’s ruck duties.

Can Lewis ruck?

List management is sometimes about getting players to come to the realisation that moving to another club is in their best interest. The best clubs do this with the player still loving the club and visa versa. Just pushing people out the door can destabilise the culture which you don't want.

If Hawthorn really loved Lewis (as they claim) they would let him come play for a team that is a chance to win a flag, that alone should be enough compensation for them.

Lewis to me doesn’t make much sense if the focus is on winning a flag in 2025 - won’t be available until mid year, can’t really ruck.

I think he is worth a risk longer term if he is a bit of a bargain.

BUT the last thing we should do is push someone out the door, or even say to a player or 2, do you want to go? Imagine that spreading through the group?

We worked bloody hard to get a very talented list who all have buy-in to this club. We must have players on unders. We should do our best to protect it.

The other thing is being in the market we are, we can’t afford to go all in flag-chasing - particularly now we got one! Of course we want more flags. But we need a first do no harm principle- we have to stay competitive in Brisbane. I am not saying there is anything about our list now that looks similar to 2024, but a side in turmoil always starts with 1 or 2 bad decisions. Hawks with Wingard, Tigers with the gws mids, lions with fevola. Even the crows with Gibbs - so short sighted and exacerbated their slide.z

Hear me out

images

Nope!

Not gonna hear you out. 🤣

What? That show pony kid with the congenital heart defect is the best player in the draft? You’ve gotta be kidding!

Ty Gallop will be the #1 KPF in the comp just wait baby!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jake Riccardi is the player that I feel a trade could be possible.

Was dropped just before finals, so could be open to a move.

Every time I see him play I think he goes ok. Capable of being a 30-40 a year goal scorer.

Only 24, 198 cm, very mobile, can pinch hit in the ruck, big bodied.

A future second or third should get the deal done.

We have enough fire power up forward, players who play tall... Kai, Ah Chee, Lincoln, Rayner, Hipwood, Morris, that Riccardi would be a role player Full Forward where 1.5 goals a game, relief ruck, would be sufficient.
Not dropped, injured I'm pretty sure.

He's ok, but I doubt GWS would be keen on him going given he's been a consistent seniors presence and they're losing their depth in Derksen. Definitely wouldn't be a future third.

He did get slightly better but was timid in the forward line, passing off unexpectedly to surprised-looking unprepared teammates, when he should have been kicking for goal from a very gettable position. He looked scared to kick the ball. It stood out really badly, and I don't think I was the only one to notice.
Yes I think there is a bit of unrealistic enthusiasm for Smith. Has shown continuous improvement. I think in the future, he can be a competitive ruck like Oscar. But hasnt really shown the ability to be strong in the marking contest, even at VFL level. Needs to work on his upper body strength and learn to use it in a contest. Hasn’t shown sufficient mobility to run AFL level forward patterns.

Big plus was when he returned to VFL after stint in afl he started to show more in marking contests.

Not knocking the kid, just don’t want him to be victim of unrealistic expectations. Might surprise on the upside during preseason but I’m thinking 10 to 12 reasonable games at afl level next year would be a good outcome.

Lewis to me doesn’t make much sense if the focus is on winning a flag in 2025 - won’t be available until mid year, can’t really ruck.

I think he is worth a risk longer term if he is a bit of a bargain.

BUT the last thing we should do is push someone out the door, or even say to a player or 2, do you want to go? Imagine that spreading through the group?

We worked bloody hard to get a very talented list who all have buy-in to this club. We must have players on unders. We should do our best to protect it.

The other thing is being in the market we are, we can’t afford to go all in flag-chasing - particularly now we got one! Of course we want more flags. But we need a first do no harm principle- we have to stay competitive in Brisbane. I am not saying there is anything about our list now that looks similar to 2024, but a side in turmoil always starts with 1 or 2 bad decisions. Hawks with Wingard, Tigers with the gws mids, lions with fevola. Even the crows with Gibbs - so short sighted and exacerbated their slide.z

We will be starting 0-5 next year for a harder challenge so he comes in at the perfect time for the flag tilt on the second half of the season.

Agree no one should be pushed out from our premiership side.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Didn’t Lewis have a cartilage removed from his knee at some stage and then an acl the following year? Very different having our medical team getting guys back from groin or hamstring issues, but can’t fix a bung knee.

Loving the convo here, I was pissed off about Joe at first, but after the BNF and hearing he was going to leave this year either way, I instantly just became happy we/he got 1.

He is hard to replace but I think we can still compete without him in 2025.

Liking most of the options that have been thrown up, but I think a large point is being missed.

One of our 3 tall forwards has to back up ruck.

So if it’s Lewis, Ricardi, Membry - either one of them or Hipwood or Morris has to take over Joe’s ruck duties.

Can Lewis ruck?
Will depend what happens with the sub IMO, if it goes to a 5 man interchange I could see us playing Fort off the bench

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back