List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Prediction- Who is delisted this year(not retirements).

• Berry

• McCluggage

• Lyons

• McCarthy

• Answerth

• Lane

• Prior

• Madden

• Lester

• Joyce

• Zorko

• Michael

• Brain

• Reville

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Will depend what happens with the sub IMO, if it goes to a 5 man interchange I could see us playing Fort off the bench
I think I saw on their site where the AFL was opposed to this. Possibly because it would put extra pressure on the players: more interchanges means a faster game, and the possibility of more injuries, and more serious injuries.

I just watched Marshall and Ashcroft in the Talent league GF… very impressive.
Question I have is how are you planning on getting the points required to get Ashcroft? and then Marshall?
You currently have about 1200 points.

Question I have is how are you planning on getting the points required to get Ashcroft? and then Marshall?
Yeah not sure.
Want pick 20 for 32, 44 and 50 and a wink that you won’t bid for Ashcroft at 1 for starters ?

Your medical staff is very good they would back themselves to get him right ? Daniher came over playing a total of 15 or so games over his last 3 seasons with the bombers. His best is very very good , and why you're keen on him. I won't put a value on him but it would have to work for us, to do a deal on contracted player that is about to hit his prime.

Difference is Daniher played 88 games across the four season just before that. Lewis hasn't played more than 15 games across his 8 years.

There's Hawthorn fans using Barrass' injury history to downplay his worth, but Barrass played more than 15 games in 4 of his first 8 years.

He's a massive risk durability wise, not dissimilar to Doedee (who has 3 seasons where he's played 20+ games), but Doedee was free trade value wise.

Question for people. Would you give up the chance to bid for Marshall or Annable next year if it got us Lewis? I’d rank Lewis’ worth at around a mid first round pick which these guys seem to go at so I feel like if we could get Ashcroft I’d be fine with possibly letting one of them go unmatched.

I’d say no as well given the opportunity to recruit other key forwards that I rate just as highly that don’t have the same injury risk.

Question for people. Would you give up the chance to bid for Marshall or Annable next year if it got us Lewis? I’d rank Lewis’ worth at around a mid first round pick which these guys seem to go at so I feel like if we could get Ashcroft I’d be fine with possibly letting one of them go unmatched.

I’m terms of priority I’d say it’s definitely Ashcroft, Annable then Marshall

I’d feel pretty comfortable passing on Marshall. I think we’re going to be pretty well set for mids for a while

no

I’m terms of priority I’d say it’s definitely Ashcroft, Annable then Marshall

I’d feel pretty comfortable passing on Marshall. I think we’re going to be pretty well set for mids for a while
From the vision I have seen I think Marshall is a better user of the ball than Annable.
Ball use is so important in the modern game.

I genuinely think we’ll go with Fort in Daniher’s role - he’s not nearly as good as Joe as a forward but he’s a significantly better ruck…we stopped playing two rucks because we had three tall forwards, not because Darcy wasn’t a good player

When either O or Fort are injured or matchups require a more mobile ruck/forward Smith would play so he still gets 8-10 games of development

If Smith is off the pace and the Oscar/Fort combo isn’t working, Darcy Gardiner could play up forward…problem is he couldn’t be asked to ruck could he?

2nd ruck is the real problem for us and the only reason I could see us getting a fill-in, backup, possibly ageing forward/ruck…but who is that? Casboult? Kruger? Sam day?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our list managers have had 12 months to plan for this, they'll get it done. All we know so far is that we'll trade Pick 20 (previously 18) to get more points, we'll use draft pick trading, and try and trade some of our fringe players - i.e. Dev Rob, Tunstill, Prior - for draft points.

I’d say no as well given the opportunity to recruit other key forwards that I rate just as highly that don’t have the same injury risk.

Who are those other key forwards? Fogarty is working on a contract extension. Max King has extended. There’s not many more I’d rate more highly than Lewis and there’s zero guarantee they’d want to come. Oscar Allen but he’s a WA boy and co-captain of the Eagles.

Unless Mitch Lewis isn’t the one layer mentioned by Mike Whiting mid year on the roar deal and we have another recruit lined up then I’m with you but I think Lewis may be that guy.

If our draft and trade haul for the next two years was Annable, Marshall and Ashcroft with whoever G named tall boy is the one that’s rated highly alongside Mitch Lewis I would be very happy.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It’s best for us that the injured and injury prone Lewis stays at Hawthorn next season as it weakens their list,bearing in mind they seem to be one of the main challengers to our premiership defence.Transferring their list deficiency to us makes this idea even worse.Maintain the status quo on this for at least 2025,it’s a problem for Hawthorn.If Lewis does want to come here let’s see exactly what he provides next season and reassess.For now,we will find another way.

Not that I think anyone was seriously thinking about it as a possibility, but Hawkins not considering playing for us, or anyone else it seems.

Can't wait for us to draft the Tomahawk in the mid season draft 😎

I come in peace. The itk that posted on our board is very connected and doesn't post very often but when he does, it's normally true. Whether a deal gets done of not Is a different story, but there would definitely be alot of interest.

I know this is the silly season where every team overrate their own and underrate everyone else's players. But mitch Lewis when fit is a seriously good player. He's had his injury issues but he was looking every bit a top 5 kpf in 2023 before he hurt his knee , and the acl this year might be the time off his body has needed to get everything right. He would be a great pick up if a deal can get done , and for the right price we might let him go if he's been offered a big contract, it seems we have a good relationship and mutual respect at the trade table.
I've been trying to read through your thread but can't make nor head nor tail of what the itk post was.

I'm not minded either way to be honest but there doesn't seem like a body of work from Lewis that helps gauge how good he is. Now some of the suggestions on your board such as swap for McCluggae, 2 x first rounders, first rounder + Bailey or Lohmann has me thinking Lewis is the second coming of Christ, which I am sure I'd have heard if he was, so what was the actual post on your thread b/c I'm reading a whole lot of laughable suggestions.

We can go into deficit though right? My understanding is we can just carry a deficit into next year, it will just bump our first pick down.

Also we'll trade this years first round for a few third rounders, should be able to get a few hundred extra draft points out of that. Richmond has a ton of third rounders they won't use, I would imagine they'll bite our hand off.

I'm not interested, but what do you base Lewis being worth a mid first round pick?

Who are those other key forwards? Fogarty is working on a contract extension. Max King has extended. There’s not many more I’d rate more highly than Lewis and there’s zero guarantee they’d want to come. Oscar Allen but he’s a WA boy and co-captain of the Eagles.

Unless Mitch Lewis isn’t the one layer mentioned by Mike Whiting mid year on the roar deal and we have another recruit lined up then I’m with you but I think Lewis may be that guy.

Pretty sure that player was Fogarty - and yeah, him and Allen working on extensions is a blow.

Lewis’ injury record is the issue for me. Hard to give up a serious asset for him given that bid matching is going to be a lot harder in 2025.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management discussion

Back