Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Young and/or other players may step up to replace Schultz 1.5 goals per game, but what we need is someone to score the goals we lost from Schultz plus Young and Co to score more goals also.

We need to do more than just replace goals lost, we need to score more goals as a priority if we are to progress up the ladder. And we will miss the intent that Schultz always played with.

Schultz is a big loss.

Am I crazy or do the V's keep changing size?

Not Crazy, Ive noticed too. I think it may be server load? I notice early in the morning when the server is less populated they are all
bigger. Or, maybe we are both crazy ;)

AFL small forwards are like NFL running backs. Incredibly important to most game plans but also relatively plentiful and easy to replace.

Just because a hard working small forward like Schultzy should be relatively easy to replace with another blue collar hard working small forward doesn't mean it's a slam dunk for us to do so.

There is evey chance that an Emmett or a Simpson or someone similar will make us all love him.

But we have to nail the transition from Scultz to someone else. Let's hope that -- this year -- we aren't asleep at the wheel.
Please don’t compare AFL players to American pointy ball throwers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know Eddie McGuire was bangin on about ratings and more tv exposure but it’s one of the lamest openings to a season I can remember in a while. There is no momentum at all to opening round.
The split round has completely stuffed it up.
Put simply - if your team is not playing this weekend, you aren’t very excited yet. There is obviously a few up and about diehard fans but in the main it’s crap.
If they had made these 4 fixtures to kick off round 1, but the other ten sides were also playing, we would all be fired up right now.
Really hope they revert to the old way next year.

Although the fact there is only 8 games a round till round 11 increases our prime time exposure on national FTA coverage I reckon

I know Eddie McGuire was bangin on about ratings and more tv exposure but it’s one of the lamest openings to a season I can remember in a while. There is no momentum at all to opening round.
The split round has completely stuffed it up.
Put simply - if your team is not playing this weekend, you aren’t very excited yet. There is obviously a few up and about diehard fans but in the main it’s crap.
If they had made these 4 fixtures to kick off round 1, but the other ten sides were also playing, we would all be fired up right now.
Really hope they revert to the old way next year.
feels like a bye round when you know footballs on but your team's not involved so you only have a mild interest in the results.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back