Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I mentioned an idea very early in the season but, apart from all of the above, we could even things up a little more for WA teams by keeping round zero but open it up to all teams (obviously change the name !) and both WA teams get an extra home game every year.
The big 4 Vic clubs can all go north and play the 4 northern teams as stand alone games on Thursday Friday Saturday nights and Saturday arvo. Job done for northern exposure.
Round zero was on a long weekend so plenty of time for the rest of the games.
Both WA teams then play both SA teams in WA on the Sunday and Monday (switching each year). Will even out the SA advantage from gather round and maybe start building up a bit of WA/SA rivalry.
This will give WA teams one extra home game each year.
The smaller Vic clubs will then be playing in the only Vic based fixtures which will get plenty of crowds from footy starved punters from considering the big teams are all away, bit of a win for them.
Given there would be an uneven number of rounds they may have to switch alternate years in which Vic teams get the extra home or away round.
One extra round so tv rights will go up, obviously player payments would have to go up accordingly and because there is an extra round that increases the double up fixtures which again makes it more even (unless you go to 17 games where there are no double ups).
Plus we all get an extra game at Optus !

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
To even up the Gather round fesitval , jsut give Perth its own gather round... all vic teams travel to perth for weekend of football,

To even up the Gather round fesitval , jsut give Perth its own gather round... all vic teams travel to perth for weekend of football,

Yeah that would be easier but I’m pretty sure there was a lot of opposition to expanding gather round any more than once a year so as to keep the unique nature of it - I’m guessing most of that opposition was from the SA government though !

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

My niece and nephew have some wonderful photos with Serong, Brayshaw, Brodie, and Sturt. They visited their school today.

My sister couldn't believe how nice all the players were. Serong and Brayshaw particularly took a few photos and answered their questions with humour and grace.

We have a few new fans now.

According to Sam Edmund on SEN the WA clubs don't want that. The WA clubs are asking for two Vic clubs a year to play their home game against the WA teams (one each) at Optus so it is one week less travel for each WA club. That way both us and Weags play 13 games at Optus rather than 12. The Vic clubs would rotate yearly and they would each have to do it once every 5 years.

My niece and nephew have some wonderful photos with Serong, Brayshaw, Brodie, and Sturt. They visited their school today.

My sister could believe how nice all the players were. Serong and Brayshaw particularly took a few photos and answered their questions with humour and grace.

That's so cool, must feel real good when you've got an engaged Serong & co at your beck & call. How awesome :D

My sister couldn't believe how nice all the players were. Serong and Brayshaw particularly took a few photos and answered their questions with humour and grace.

did you see the video of Serong and Brayshaw visiting a sick kid at Fiona Stanley, then during Friday night's game Brayshaw did a promised celebration for him (after kicking a goal)

did you see the video of Serong and Brayshaw visiting a sick kid at Fiona Stanley, then during Friday night's game Brayshaw did a promised celebration for him (after kicking a goal)
Of course....jeez what sorta fan u think I am 🤣🤣

Of course....jeez what sorta fan u think I am 🤣🤣
fanboy mega fan GIF by Nashville on CMT

His level of awesome guyness is almost offensive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As long as Sean Darcy is building fitness near enough to optimum by playing and when the time comes for him to be totally fixed with surgery he is withdrawn in time for a full recovery prior to the start of the 2025 preseason then I don't mind it.

Darcy will either get fitter by the end of the year and we will enjoy that or he will only offer stoppage control until his tank runs out.

Either way, I am looking forward to 2025

As long as Sean Darcy is building fitness near enough to optimum by playing and when the time comes for him to be totally fixed with surgery he is withdrawn in time for a full recovery prior to the start of the 2025 preseason then I don't mind it.

Darcy will either get fitter by the end of the year and we will enjoy that or he will only offer stoppage control until his tank runs out.

lets get through 2024 first lol

Not sure if right post, but Fremantle hinting at new podcast, to be unveiled tomorrow.
Hopefully the hosts are long term contracted with no trade speculation or retirement.

Hoping Serong and Darcy ?
Would be cool to have Pearce. Not many outgoing guys at the club as much as Logue as well as quietly well spoken like Mundy.

As long as Sean Darcy is building fitness near enough to optimum by playing

Sorry Taylor, I’m in the trading Darcy areas

Not sure if right post, but Fremantle hinting at new podcast, to be unveiled tomorrow.
Hopefully the hosts are long term contracted with no trade speculation or retirement.

Hoping Serong and Darcy ?
Would be cool to have Pearce. Not many outgoing guys at the club as much as Logue as well as quietly well spoken like Mundy.
I’m guessing Andy as the “host, smooth one”. The comic relief I would have thought Drizzy but if not ??

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back