Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Can some brave souls report what the usual suspects say? I don’t watch any football shows, they hurt my brain.
OMG David King and Montagna heaped praise on Freo on First Crack - it was short, but was nice to hear

didn't get much on The Couch, but that's not a serious show

Maybe you could start a thread and explain what it is like being a member of the squad? I am sure some would love the opportunity to become involved and share their ideas. I did wonder if some were just attracted to getting really good seats on the cheap.

There's never been a better time than now to get some enthusiasm whilst Freo is going well.
That would be cool.
I'm good at bagging them out, but I'm not doing anything better 😅
Might get a few ideas on here or a few more members..

I agree Freogirl. There are still too many empty seats in our Cheer squad and too few people in the Cheer squad not doing the Docker chants. I know this as my partner and I are part of the Optus Cheer squad which looks anaemic on TV compared to the size of the Cheer squads of other clubs. We need more flags and banners as well, but unfortunately not enough people in the Cheer Squad are prepared to raise and wave the ones we’ve already got.

The club needs to do a Promo of the benefits (and there are many) of being in the Cheer Squad to get more bums on seats, but they need to be people who are prepared to Cheer and wave the flags and banners provided by the club. It isn’t just about getting really good seats on the cheap!

Sometimes the Cheer Squads of opposition Clubs at Optus have looked and sounded more animated than ours, and that sends a very poor message for our Club.

I feel like we are letting our Club down.
Do you have any scripted chants like the balmy army ?

They used to have a drum down there at subiaco. Created a lot of atmosphere..

The bell. Everytime peter bell took the ball the bell would ring out..🥰

Need something like the drum to call the purple army to arms..

Love the Frreooo. It's easy to get everyone in on that and is immense when the stadium is boiling over with it.
Hate the freo clap clap clap thing that all the teams have a version of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A little Vic coverage. Nothing special but I love how they freely admit that Freos accomplishments get washed over because “Well, it’s Freo” and “out of sight and out of mind”. I could never imagine a NFL commentator in LA saying “You know, I just don’t know much about those east coast teams like the New York Jets or Carolina Panthers.” Another example of how Vic centered AFL is.

it starts at 11:40.

These are best ones though. Montagna comes on with a massive shit eating grin coz he loves us and David King fumbles around with some rubbish and you can see Leigh focusing on his papers in front of him so he doesnt give away he knows hes a twat. Very entertaining
Montagna makes First Crack worth watching.

Do you have any scripted chants like the balmy army ?

They used to have a drum down there at subiaco. Created a lot of atmosphere..

The bell. Everytime peter bell took the ball the bell would ring out..🥰

Need something like the drum to call the purple army to arms..

Love the Frreooo. It's easy to get everyone in on that and is immense when the stadium is boiling over with it.
Hate the freo clap clap clap thing that all the teams have a version of.
The guy with the bell still does that.

A little Vic coverage. Nothing special but I love how they freely admit that Freos accomplishments get washed over because “Well, it’s Freo” and “out of sight and out of mind”. I could never imagine a NFL commentator in LA saying “You know, I just don’t know much about those east coast teams like the New York Jets or Carolina Panthers.” Another example of how Vic centered AFL is.

it starts at 11:40.

Pretty ridiculous that people paid to supposedly talk about the football don’t spend their time watching all the ****ing teams in the league. 🙄

Pretty ridiculous that people paid to supposedly talk about the football don’t spend their time watching all the ****ing teams in the league. 🙄
Yup just unprofessional. They are Victorians, talking to Victorians about Victorian teams. In local newspapers or local radio / tv I understand but programs for national audiences it is a disgrace.

I agree Freogirl. There are still too many empty seats in our Cheer squad and too few people in the Cheer squad not doing the Docker chants. I know this as my partner and I are part of the Optus Cheer squad which looks anaemic on TV compared to the size of the Cheer squads of other clubs. We need more flags and banners as well, but unfortunately not enough people in the Cheer Squad are prepared to raise and wave the ones we’ve already got.

The club needs to do a Promo of the benefits (and there are many) of being in the Cheer Squad to get more bums on seats, but they need to be people who are prepared to Cheer and wave the flags and banners provided by the club. It isn’t just about getting really good seats on the cheap!

Sometimes the Cheer Squads of opposition Clubs at Optus have looked and sounded more animated than ours, and that sends a very poor message for our Club.

I feel like we are letting our Club down.
Hi! Interested in getting involved if there is no ban against being a bit of a potty mouth in the heat of the game. 😂 only have a three game membership, though.

Had the chance to hang with the VIC cheer squad when I was living in Adelaide and got to hold the banner up twice! Unfortunately it was when we were early in the rebuild so both games we got smacked by 80 plus points c/o Port. 😅

Hi! Interested in getting involved if there is no ban against being a bit of a potty mouth in the heat of the game. 😂 only have a three game membership, though.

Had the chance to hang with the VIC cheer squad when I was living in Adelaide and got to hold the banner up twice! Unfortunately it was when we were early in the rebuild so both games we got smacked by 80 plus points c/o Port. 😅
Pleased to know you’re interested Grape. It would be a good idea for you and anyone else who is interested in obtaining information about Cheer Squad seats to contact the Club Membership team direct.

I can tell you that the seats are exceptional for the price charged. The area is a no alcohol area though which may be a turn off for some people but it also means it’s a great area for families. Also there’s no oppositional supporters allowed so you don’t have to put up with any oppositional morons. The club asked that you agree to a code of conduct which is basically that you wear the club colours, agree to their no alcohol policy, and don’t engage in abusive language or violent behaviour.

The expectation when you get the seats is that you will also hold up the flags and posters etc and give vocal support.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back