Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for an actual response, I am also not saying we should be trading Cox. BUT if Draper keeps improving at the rate he currently is we should be looking at all options come 2026-27. Cox isn't an untradeable player IMO.

Given you saw it with the Pies, I guess you are more than open for Fremantle to trade Darcy.
If Draper is going at the rate he’s going why don’t we just trade him instead? He’s younger so he’ll get us better value right?

If Draper is going at the rate he’s going why don’t we just trade him instead? He’s younger so he’ll get us better value right?
You forgot the sarcasm tag. :)

But think they have it all wrong. Draper would be coming for the Luke Ryan role.

Fremantle Key Defenders:
Alex Pearce - 29 years, 1 month
Brennan Cox - 25 years, 11 months
Josh Draper - 20 years, 5 months

Oscar McDonald - 28 years, 4 months
Hugh Davies - 19 years, 9 months

Add three years and it's:
Brennan Cox - 29 years
Josh Draper - 24 years

With a 31 year old Luke Ryan floating around.

That's why you don't trade Brennan Cox

Thanks for an actual response, I am also not saying we should be trading Cox. BUT if Draper keeps improving at the rate he currently is we should be looking at all options come 2026-27. Cox isn't an untradeable player IMO.

Given you saw it with the Pies, I guess you are more than open for Fremantle to trade Darcy.
Honestly no I’m not if it meant Jackson is main ruck. I don’t like Jackson as a #1 ruck as we saw on the weekend just gets bullied to much. Wouldn’t be against trading Darcy for a Tim English or another brute ruck plus picks or a key player. Only because I don’t trust Darcy can stay healthy but if he can I wouldn’t trade him.

View attachment 2051992

Here (well actually at the bottom below my gratuitous diatribe) is another gem from the ABC boys with a deep dive into contested possessions. It's not everyone's cup of tea but I dig this stuff.

Science is often taught with over simplifications. For example a primary school kid will be taught there are three states of matter (it's not earth, air and fire.)

Then later you find out about a thing called plasma. This is primarily useful for quiz nights as it doesn't really have any useful applications in day to day life. And that's that, there are four states of matter: solid, liquid, gaseous and plasma.

Then one day you hear a podcast or see a fun fact about scientists finding a new state of matter so you google "how many states of matter are there?" and it gets really confusing.

I was left with the thought that maybe our understanding of the world as being made of air, earth and fire gives us a better way to navigate the world than knowing there is something called a Bose-Einstein condensate.

However, knowing that there are more than five, perhaps as many as twenty something, gives me a pleasantly smug type of feeling.

So anyway, here is the link:

Today I learned a loose ball get is a contested possession, I had no idea.

Fremantle Key Defenders:

Brennan Cox - 29 years
Josh Draper - 24 years

Cox is younger than I thought he was

I will say in all the fluff Kane said about Cox being surplus to requirements he did make 1 salient point. If Adelaide were prepared to offer for Petty basically what we offered for Luke Jackson, imagine what they'd offer for someone who's actually good.

Fremantle Key Defenders:

Brennan Cox - 29 years
Josh Draper - 24 years

Don't forget Murphy

Kane’s new big brained take- Brennan Cox is surplus to our needs and we should be looking to trade him on
giphy2.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly no I’m not if it meant Jackson is main ruck. I don’t like Jackson as a #1 ruck as we saw on the weekend just gets bullied to much. Wouldn’t be against trading Darcy for a Tim English or another brute ruck plus picks or a key player. Only because I don’t trust Darcy can stay healthy but if he can I wouldn’t trade him.
You come to expect to see surprising and unexpected views on these pages, but reading Tim English described as a brute is right up there.

Kane Cornes wants us to trade Brennan Cox?

The man is a fruit loop and won’t rest until we’ve traded every single talented player we have.

Clearly his mission is to turn us into an even worse version of North Melbourne.

Kane Cornes wants us to trade Brennan Cox?

The man is a fruit loop and won’t rest until we’ve traded every single talented player we have.

Clearly his mission is to turn us into an even worse version of North Melbourne.
You would think he would focus on the basket cases of the AFL.
We appear to at least have a plan and sticking to it.
We have one of the best hands to play in the off season, did Freo end his career
or something?

While he is not the same footballer he used to be you have to admire the attitude of Fyfe.

He is very team focused now and accepts his role and is desperate to be a part of it.

He has become very cosmic quoting the poem Dark Night of the Soul.

I really hope he is with us when we have the ultimate success as he deserves it.

While he is not the same footballer he used to be you have to admire the attitude of Fyfe.

He is very team focused now and accepts his role and is desperate to be a part of it.

He has become very cosmic quoting the poem Dark Night of the Soul.

I really hope he is with us when we have the ultimate success as he deserves it.
If we managed to steal the cup this year, think both Fyfe and Walters would retire as their 2013 redemption would be completed. Would make JLo’s weekly team selection a lot easier as well.

If we managed to steal the cup this year, think both Fyfe and Walters would retire as their 2013 redemption would be completed. Would make JLo’s weekly team selection a lot easier as well.
Walters is our greatest ever finals player, I don't think he needs redeeming, his legacy is secure.

Fyfe may rue his Grand Final but really, another finals campaign where he guides the next generation midfield in how to handle those games and that experience will be massive. First we have to get there then, well, hopefully he gets one more deep finals run (Top 4, make a prelim i.e. the finals that really matter)

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back