Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Without wanting to **** people off, are we Melbourne's Cartlon?

Jackson
Kozzie
No doubt eyeing Rivers down the track.
Tholstrup looks good.
etc.
There's a couple of key differences though:

1) We have to operate under a salary cap
2) According to the media, every player we want from Melbourne is worth 2 first round draft picks, while every player Carlton wants from us is worth a 3rd rounder

This grumpy old man says “I knew they was something wrong At Melbourne for months when they were losing to teams like west coast and freo”

Good insight into how seriously Vic teams take us. Hard to argue with them after the weekend sadly

This grumpy old man says “I knew they was something wrong At Melbourne for months when they were losing to teams like west coast and freo”

Good insight into how seriously Vic teams take us. Hard to argue with them after the weekend sadly

To be fair, he said beaten by WC and smashed by Freo. Not sure that's remotely offensive.

To be fair, he said beaten by WC and smashed by Freo. Not sure that's remotely offensive.
At face value it’s not. But it’s telling that is always ingrained in these type of guys heads that freo are a minnow of afl footy, just like Gold Coast.

And how could you argue with them? It’s absolutely true sadly, apart from 4 years from 2011 to 2015 when the entire competition feared and respected us.
Most people on here don’t like to admit it but there’s a hell of a lot of similarities between the JL reign and the mark harvey era…

At face value it’s not. But it’s telling that is always ingrained in these type of guys heads that freo are a minnow of afl footy, just like Gold Coast.

And how could you argue with them? It’s absolutely true sadly, apart from 4 years from 2011 to 2015 when the entire competition feared and respected us.
Most people on here don’t like to admit it but there’s a hell of a lot of similarities between the JL reign and the mark harvey era…
I think you're seeing what you want to see.

Their losses to us were definitely the low points of their season and anyone losing to WC (as we know) is also a distinct low point.

Is he biased? Probably, is this an example? No.

We destroyed Melbourne twice. We should have beaten Melbourne by 100 both times. I honestly thought they were on the cusp of a rebuild.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw a picture of Ryan there. You can't tell me with a straight face that his season was better than Clark's.
The role he played was probably better defensively in terms of locking down talls and smalls and being the intercepter as opposed to Clark who was pretty much a free wheeler in quite a few games.

The role he played was probably better defensively in terms of locking down talls and smalls and being the intercepter as opposed to Clark who was pretty much a free wheeler in quite a few games.
Both defenders. Aside from KPDs then your AA team is not generally allocated spots for each other type of defender.

Surely the squad gets invited otherwise you know who's in just by who turns up?
I know last year Serong got a call from the AFL early in the week after the noms and was told to be in Melbourne that night. One of his immediate family members told me.
They were also told in advance by freo to ensure they were in attendance at the B&F last year.

Will be farcical if Luke Ryan gets an AA award this year.
It’s good for freo to have the award with one of our players but it’s laughable to think he’s in the top 6 defenders this year.
SuperCoach king

Will be farcical if Luke Ryan gets an AA award this year.
It’s good for freo to have the award with one of our players but it’s laughable to think he’s in the top 6 defenders this year.
SuperCoach king
His first half of the season you would be crazy to not have him in the team. His second half you'd be crazy to have him in the team. The squad is fair.

Unfortunately looks like he's made the team, which wouldn't be an issue in itself if it weren't for the fact that he made it over Clark, who had a much better much more consistent season in defence.

Meh, happy for Ryan, no need to be negative about it.
It’s good for freo as a club I guess.
Maybe it’s still the disappointment of how we slumped from 3rd to 10th as the season reached the business end but I’m gone beyond caring about individual awards for our players now.
To be fair to Ryan he was one of few that showed some fight last weekend v port.
Aaaah **** it we should be playing finals. Such a disaster.
Cripps campaigner head isn’t helping my mood either 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back