Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, given we've lost more WA natives than Vics in recent years, what a "sustainable" model is may not exactly fit perception.
Fair point
Will be very interested to see what will happen if we haven’t Flagmantled by end of 2026

so, I have been emotionally checked out of footy and fremantle for about 5 years now, drained by the continuous orbit around the optimism triangle. I still follow how they go and read these pages occasionally. Now quite circumstantially I have a road trip planned to Melbourne in September and damn it if I am not being sucked in again! oh the uncertainty! can they do it... will I see a flag before I croak? (am 72 now, itsa worry)

If you make it to 75 I reckon you will. This edition of the purple is the best yet

I don't have stats for it, but I think it is pretty apparent that Treacy and Amiss are getting the ball outside 50 more. The ball moves slower if you don't have marking targets. Longmuir is risk averse, and wants contests weighted in our favour.

I think the below are also a reflection of a change to the game plan:
  • moving Brayshaw from more outside to inside (his disposal on the outside is not quite good enough and his speed and tackling inside are useful)
  • getting JOM on the wing more (he is low scoring as a forward , but on the wing he wins contests and seems to do well delivering forward)
  • rolling your midfielder with the best disposal forward (Young is doing both midfield and forward roles beautifully. Should be on double pay)
  • I'm also suspicious that Longmuir is not moving Darcy into the forward line as much as he has done in the past.

What I see in those changes, and almost all of the changes I have mentioned, is that they are about 'moving the ball fast if possible', and I would add that the purpose is to become a higher scoring side. The changes in the game plan are designed to make moving the ball faster possible.

If you revert to our previous structure, the balance is more about possession and defence.
Totally agree on the manning/ positional changes . But that hadn’t changed the game plan

It had always been move ball quickly , but not to risk .

This game plan requires the right people moving into right positions .

This has developed over time with experimentation and player improvement .

So the team getting better and better as they play Justin’s game plan and it is now starting to work

One player really kicking up a gear is Johnson he is still trying to break tackles and move ball quickly , but now he is hitting more targets

Great work Coach and the players

Who the **** is this snarny jerkoff interviewing Wirrapunda??

Did you not read the tweet? Are you seriously telling me you don't know who Russell Robertson is?

Did you not read the tweet? Are you seriously telling me you don't know who Russell Robertson is?
Only started following afl from 2011. I guess I’ll have to look him up and see was he much chop. I see he was a demons player. I work with quite a few demons fans and I’ve never heard them mention him much

Only started following afl from 2011. I guess I’ll have to look him up and see was he much chop. I see he was a demons player.

He was a very good player. He was great at taking a hanger as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was a very good player. He was great at taking a hanger as well.
Yeah it sounds like he was decent, looking at his bio, no AA awards though. Perhaps a modern day equivalent would be Mihocek? . Maybe was that smirk as he disrespectfully dismissed Fremantle that irked me. Then again I should be used to it by now living in Melbourne.
The only way we will get proper respect is by winning a flag.

they have won premierships we haven’t . Continue the path of no cups and people leave . History keeps players

Over 20 years ago. When they were shit for 10-15 years after the flags they bled players. While they are good and making finals every year now the players want to stay. It isn't rocket science and it has nothing to do with history.

Yeah it sounds like he was decent, looking at his bio, no AA awards though. Perhaps a modern day equivalent would be Mihocek? . Maybe was that smirk as he disrespectfully dismissed Fremantle that irked me. Then again I should be used to it by now living in Melbourne.

He's actually a great guy by all reports and was probably just leaning into a bit for the video.

Over 20 years ago. When they were shit for 10-15 years after the flags they bled players. While they are good and making finals every year now the players want to stay. It isn't rocket science and it has nothing to do with history.

The "Brisbane 5" was massive news, Yeo, Docherty, Polec, Longer and Karnezis all leaving at the same time.

Crisp was around that time as well wasn't he?

Crisp and Aish were around the same time but I don't think the same year as those other 5. Imagine 5 of your more promising young players asking out in the same off season, they were in a world of hurt and flags from 10 years prior wasn't stopping that.

More Jeremy Howe than Miochek - his main draw card was taking big hangers, actually got drafted from memory after appearing on the old footy shows “almost football legends” segment taking a screamer in maybe Tassie ?? Or VFL, that’s as much info as my Friday pre-beer brain can muster at the moment !

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back