Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if joking but if not please insert the word “or” instead of slash in my post.
Doors & Nirvana were the first 2 bands that came to mind when thinking of old bands that people still rock T’s.

Ramones is another
Was thinking Ramones after your first post. Seeing young'uns trying to be cool with a Ramones/Pistols shirt has me rolling my eyes every time. (And for the record, I'm not into Ramones or the Pistols in any way, shape or form.)

Was thinking Ramones after your first post. Seeing young'uns trying to be cool with a Ramones/Pistols shirt has me rolling my eyes every time. (And for the record, I'm not into Ramones or the Pistols in any way, shape or form.)

Pop quiz and no cheating:

Which Fremantle player has the highest number of hitouts in their career who is not a primary ruck or recognised secondary ruck?

I'm going to guess Fyfe, because there was time when Ross played him in the ruck, otherwise Mundy for 3rd man ups before the rule changed. Going to the stats record books now.

I thought it would be SHill as I remember him going third man up a lot, but it's Dave.

Interestly* if you make it hit outs per game, and disregard all players with less than 10 games, then the highest is Daniel Gilmore.

*Stretching the definition here.

I thought it would be SHill as I remember him going third man up a lot, but it's Dave.

Interestly* if you make it hit outs per game, and disregard all players with less than 10 games, then the highest is Daniel Gilmore.

He almost got a BOG one game against Essendon playing 2nd ruck, but do you get a hit out stat if you take the ball cleanly and kick it - or is that just a clearance stat.

He almost got a BOG one game against Essendon playing 2nd ruck, but do you get a hit out stat if you take the ball cleanly and kick it - or is that just a clearance stat.
I forgot that he had to play 2nd ruck in 2007 to Warnock* with Longmuir and Sandilands out. You could argue then it doesn't count if we're just looking at most hitouts as third man up.

*Hard to believe that Warnocks AFL career extended 7 years past leaving Freo isn't it.

I think it's still a hitout + a clearance.

Game in question you can make a case it should have been 3 votes. 8 clearances and 11 inside 50s and a goal. 31 possies!

1720677195422.png

Stretching the definition is an understatement.

Pretty sure Gilmore actually played games as the no.1 ruck but definitely no.2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of conversation has been had here about the love we all have for the Mighty Fremantle Dockers.I have to admit that Fremantle is not my first real love of top level football, but that honour is to the Mighty Fighting South Fremantle Bulldogs.
I remarked in a previous post about how many supporters always seem to want to look back rather than forward. I apologise if my comment offended any one here.
After reading others comments, I understand how diverse our followers are. Probably many , like me, in the 30 year bracket. Many younger and other finding their way to the club via another avenue rather than being born into the game of Aussie rules.I have read the posts and the differences now.
There could be so much and so many stories to be told about how our club came to be,but, most know that I am sure.If not, take time to research it. You will find out just how much of a struggle it was in our early years.
But I found a photo today, a blast from the past. Our first squad and theiir first training session at the home of WA football, Fremantle oval. 1720689708926.png

Really? I think our forward work has transformed during the season and clearly reflects an evolution of the game plan.

Some examples:
- The mids rest forward a lot more and have become critical scoring options, especially Young. That alone is a massive change in our game plan.

- Treacy and to a lesser extent Amiss are roaming more and playing important roles providing link ups from defence to attack.

- In Walters absence Sturt has come in and plays a totally different game as well as bringing marking and goal kicking accuracy.
Rewatching all the games this season Tracey especially and amiss and Jackson often move upfield to the wings to gain the ball . You need to look at the players just around the packs nit just at the ones getting ball .

With increased skill and confidence they are now hitting their targets

As to mid me in forward line , brayshaw and seeing were having shots but missing . Sane as Fyfe when he went forward

So the plan similar but different players eg yiung . But overall same plan. , win the contest move the ball fast if possible , kick around if no one free

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back