Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So I'm not sure whether this advantages a team like Freo, given we're a bit out of sight, out of mind. When was the last time a Freo player did anything at the national level ?

Fyfey was (and maybe still is) our most marketable player. Who else could / would make it from Freo into the 50-80 most marketable players in the competition (or might do in the next 3-4 years) ? Most of our players are a little bit quiet. Not sure who has the most followers on Social Media.

Our first premiership will be even sweeter making these dickheads eat their own words.

Honestly it’s just a fluff gambling advertisement. It wouldn’t surprise me if they were both told what to say and just did it for an easy pay day. Designed to go viral - the more it’s shared and spoken about the more advertising the greasy company gets. Best to just ignore such tripe

More Jeremy Howe than Miochek - his main draw card was taking big hangers, actually got drafted from memory after appearing on the old footy shows “almost football legends” segment taking a screamer in maybe Tassie ?? Or VFL, that’s as much info as my Friday pre-beer brain can muster at the moment !

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
When Howe was rumoured to be leaving the Dees I was mad keen for us to sign him for the hangers alone. Added bonus is he turned into a very good player.

So I'm not sure whether this advantages a team like Freo, given we're a bit out of sight, out of mind. When was the last time a Freo player did anything at the national level ?

Fyfey was (and maybe still is) our most marketable player. Who else could / would make it from Freo into the 50-80 most marketable players in the competition (or might do in the next 3-4 years) ? Most of our players are a little bit quiet. Not sure who has the most followers on Social Media.
Treacy and Jackson are very popular over east (relative to usual freo popularity levels)

Honestly it’s just a fluff gambling advertisement. It wouldn’t surprise me if they were both told what to say and just did it for an easy pay day. Designed to go viral - the more it’s shared and spoken about the more advertising the greasy company gets. Best to just ignore such tripe

It's 100% just a bit.

so, I have been emotionally checked out of footy and fremantle for about 5 years now, drained by the continuous orbit around the optimism triangle. I still follow how they go and read these pages occasionally. Now quite circumstantially I have a road trip planned to Melbourne in September and damn it if I am not being sucked in again! oh the uncertainty! can they do it... will I see a flag before I croak? (am 72 now, itsa worry)
Just enough time to get the road trip playlist together.

Yeah it sounds like he was decent, looking at his bio, no AA awards though. Perhaps a modern day equivalent would be Mihocek? . Maybe was that smirk as he disrespectfully dismissed Fremantle that irked me. Then again I should be used to it by now living in Melbourne.
The only way we will get proper respect is by winning a flag.
More spring heeled and athletic than Milhocek, and perhaps a little less of the brute power.

Both terrific players I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Treacy is our guy I'd say. If his trajectory holds he'll be a drawcard. Especially because he's a good speaker and leader off-field.
Or that's how Bolton and Warner get the extra dollars...

Yeah it sounds like he was decent, looking at his bio, no AA awards though. Perhaps a modern day equivalent would be Mihocek? . Maybe was that smirk as he disrespectfully dismissed Fremantle that irked me. Then again I should be used to it by now living in Melbourne.
The only way we will get proper respect is by winning a flag.
Just a wind up...gotcha!

Yeah it sounds like he was decent, looking at his bio, no AA awards though. Perhaps a modern day equivalent would be Mihocek? .
Pretty good cross-generational comparison actually. I'd say Robbo was rated higher than Mihocek by the wider public in their respective times but Mihocek is comparitvely the better player.

Wasn’t it reported that both Fyfe and Walters got two year deals due to AFL kicking in some salary for media and advertising, pretty sure this would be it.

Thanks
I love this and it’s a great summation

As much as I’m excited that we have a very good list again and should be set for at least a few years of good footy I have this impending sense of doom that if we don’t achieve something great ( and quickly ) that the list will get gutted before we know it and we will be back to being mediocre again .

A team full of very talented Victorians living in WA surely isn’t sustainable ?

Anyway sorry for the Debbie Downer

That’s my glass half empty

Glass half full is that we should enjoy it while it lasts and maybe, just maybe Longmuir and the Board have created a destination club culture where we can keep building and replenishing a good list
If those vics want to come home to Antarctica, no problemo.
If they are amongst class, they will display class & therefore add trade value.
List renewal continues

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back