Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Fremantle Dockers vice-captain Caleb Serong says he’s barracking for West Coast Eagles against Carlton​

Caleb Serong says he would “very much appreciate” a victory for West Coast this weekend as Fremantle look towards their cross-town rivals to help their finals cause.
In a rare admission, Serong said he would enjoy seeing the Eagles beat Carlton in Perth on Sunday, a result that could give the Dockers a significant boost in their desperate late bid to hold onto their spot in the top-eight.
And Serong said he wants to flip the script on Fremantle’s treacherous run home this season.

The midfield leader believes clashes with Greater Western Sydney and Port Adelaide that will make-or-break their campaign are actually the perfect run into the finals.
That’s because Serong believes a Dockers side that has got through the next fortnight and is still in the finals reckoning will be one ready to be serious contenders once they get there.
But a victory for West Coast over the battered and bruised Carlton would make life easier.

“I’m barracking hard for them,” Serong told 92.9 Triple M.
“I would very much appreciate it if they got the dub this week, but again we are in the mindset of it’s in our control, and it is.

“If we win the next two games we are in the position we need to be.
“That’s all we’re focused on, and if you kind of get consumed too much by the ladder and the other results, you kind of lose sight of where your head needs to be at.”

Fremantle will go in outsiders against GWS when they meet in Sydney on Saturday. They then play a high-flying Port Adelaide side the following week in the very last game of the entire home-and-away season.
Their finals fate could still hinge on those two hours of football.

“For us if we approach the next two weeks the right way and play some really good footy it is the best run into finals we could ask for,” Serong said.
“We are seeing it as a really good opportunity for us. If we do it the right way and play the type of footy we know we can, that’s the perfect run into finals.
“We have got two really tough games that are both essentially elimination finals.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/freman...sh-with-gws-amid-knee-injury-rehab-c-15697913

Here’s the interview with Goss and Scotty on SEN. They have a lot of love for Caleb. You can hear the amount of respect they have for him.

For anyone not happy with the direction of the club, I recommend listening to serong’s assessment of things. He’s cool, calm, and exudes leadership. Even if this year isn’t out year (which no thought it would be before the season started), we’re in good hands both on and off the field. I especially love his comments when asked about Freo being a destination club.

Here’s the interview with Goss and Scotty on SEN. They have a lot of love for Caleb. You can hear the amount of respect they have for him.

For anyone not happy with the direction of the club, I recommend listening to serong’s assessment of things. He’s cool, calm, and exudes leadership. Even if this year isn’t out year (which no thought it would be before the season started), we’re in good hands both on and off the field. I especially love his comments when asked about Freo being a destination club.

Ill give it a listen later.

But anything Tim Gossage related is really hard to listen too.

Meek wasn’t always stuck behind Darcy though. It wasn’t until 2022 where he actually became good enough to compete at AFL level. Does no one else remember when Acres was our second ruck at points in games?
I feel like there has been some recency bias as well. It was only this season that Meek came good for Hawthorn. His first season he was being derided as a waste of a pickup by Hawthorn and Ned Reeves was preferred to him.

Its painful listening to Gossage call him Serong instead of Caleb. What is wrong with that guy!

Despise Gossage more than anyone in the media, most media people I can handle even if they do play the flog role ie Kane. He does it so well that I actually like him. Gossage is just a world class w***er on and off air.
He’s just so slimy.

Always trying a sideways gotcha question, or a disguised insult.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Young is CD's highest ranked player since round 10.

On a separate note, surely Angus must be on the short-list if the boys are trying to find him a nickname...

Highest rated player according to Champion Data since round 10. I know we bemoan how conservative the match committee can be but his move into the midfield is looking to become * chef's kiss * levels of entertainment.

Completely off topic random thought but every time I go to a home game and hear the after game AC/DC tracks playing I feel like we sort of missed an opportunity with our club song.
“TNT” replaced with “Fremantle” with a slight change of lyrics would be a cracking club song, unique and recognisable to anyone listening (even overseas).
You’d think AC/DC themselves would have been on board with our Bon Scott links to Freo, and the thought that this song may still be sung every week for the next 50 / 100 / 1000 years or however long the AFL is in existence for.
Is it too late for a change ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Thanks Dale. I havent been able to access The Wests web page last couple of days. Keep getting the 'Oops something went wrong' message. Anyone else?

Completely off topic random thought but every time I go to a home game and hear the after game AC/DC tracks playing I feel like we sort of missed an opportunity with our club song.
“TNT” replaced with “Fremantle” with a slight change of lyrics would be a cracking club song, unique and recognisable to anyone listening (even overseas).
You’d think AC/DC themselves would have been on board with our Bon Scott links to Freo, and the thought that this song may still be sung every week for the next 50 / 100 / 1000 years or however long the AFL is in existence for.
Is it too late for a change ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
You are right of course but absolutely no hope of getting this done because of all the old bastards from the middle of last century who are afraid of change. Speaking of that demographic I recall seeing Bon in punch ups at Ross’ hamburger bar just over the old traffic bridge in North Fremantle on Friday and Saturday nights back in the 60’s.
I saw him one night in a huge brawl in the car park at the “ Limelight Milk bar” opposite the Oriana picture theatre.
Loved the grog, did Bon.
TNT would be a fantastic club song. Don’t hold your breath for change though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back