Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm probably a bit slow off the mark but tomorrow is the first final in Victoria. It's taken 6 finals to get there, has that ever happened before?

Luke Darcy quitting all media commitments. He won't be missed by me, I find his habit of calling every second player by their first name during match calls intensely annoying. Sure it makes sense occasionally e.g. Buddy. But who refers to a spud like Hipwood as Eric when you're calling a game?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luke Darcy quitting all media commitments. He won't be missed by me, I find his habit of calling every second player by their first name during match calls intensely annoying. Sure it makes sense occasionally e.g. Buddy. But who refers to a spud like Hipwood as Eric when you're calling a game?
Interesting timing with 7 getting Kornes and the feud the two had...

I missed that, what was the feud?
Cornes criticised some player and Darcy blasted him on live radio/tv about it. Happened sometime the last 12 months I think and it seemed like a sore point still. The Sunday Footy Show was giving Cornes shit about it when they farewelled him

They had a go at Cornes tonight on Footy Confidential saying that Darcy was retiring from the media and was possibly going into politics for the Liberal party.

Kane replied that he would be voting Labor!

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2024 Media & Miscellaneous Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back