Resource 2024 Membership - Audited Figure 66,015 - New Club Record

Remove this Banner Ad

What counts as a ‘member’ these days?

A hotmail address and attended at least one game at any stage from 1977-Pres?
People who paid $1 for a "3" game membership so they could access Showdown tickets after the general public allocation was sold out.

It wouldn't surprise me if it included people who ticked yes for a free membership when entering the competition to win the retro 2004 guernsey, or the signed prison bars one.

People who paid $1 for a "3" game membership so they could access Showdown tickets after the general public allocation was sold out.

It wouldn't surprise me if it included people who ticked yes for a free membership when entering the competition to win the retro 2004 guernsey, or the signed prison bars one.

Would love to see a breakdown of 1870/Platinum/11-gamers down to ‘had a brief chat with Jaxon Crabb one night at North Haven’, but those days are no doubt over.

Then richo vomits this pus up
Port Adelaide Chief Executive Officer, Matthew Richardson, acknowledged this significant moment for the club, and thanked members for their support.

“This is a significant milestone for our club, and one that we are proud to share with all 70,000 of our members,” Mr. Richardson said.

“The players, coaches, and staff are incredibly thankful for the loyalty and support from our dedicated fans.

“We feel the passion and energy of our members every time we run out and the importance of this support to our players, and the club, can’t be understated.

“Our members are the cornerstone of our club. We have the best fans in the league, and their loyalty to their football club is what drives us every day to chase success, on and off the football field.
Except when we choose to gaslight you all for not drinking the kool aid

Absolutely sickening and really just fudging figures in a most insincere and pathetic fashion, all of which is standard richo Modus Operandi
Full of praise for us now.

Not a word uttered in our defence when the entire footy world was slandering the fan base after the Brisbane game.

The silence back then says a lot more than these comments now, and we won’t forget it.

The audited AFL figure will be interesting. People who ticked a box to become a free AFLW member to enter a competition will be culled.

The club sent me an email a few weeks ago offering me free tickets to the last three games as a 'thankyou' for being a member in 2023. I didn't use the tickets or respond or acknowledge the email in any way. A week later I got another email thanking me for signing up as a member. So I believe I am counted as a member despite having not paid them a cent, attended a game, or even having so much as ticked a checkbox somewhere that says 'I want to be a member'.

Nice number.

Record membership numbers guessing +30% compare to 2014-2015 yet average home attendances almost 20% lower.

One is not like the other.

I suppose ultimately only number club cares about is membership revenue. I would be surprised if 2024 dollar figure is higher than 2015 despite the increase in membership prices.

They ran a competition via email to win a signed PB guernsey and to enter you had to tick a box agreeing to become a free 2 game AFLW member. Couldn't proceed without ticking it. So I assume i'm being counted twice now.

Nice number.

Record membership numbers guessing +30% compare to 2014-2015 yet average home attendances almost 20% lower.

I suppose ultimately only number club cares about is membership revenue. I would be surprised if 2024 dollar figure is higher than 2015 despite the increase in membership prices.

Agree fully. Membership revenue should be the metric, but apparently we don't even report it as it's own figure, probably out of shame.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They ran a competition via email to win a signed PB guernsey and to enter you had to tick a box agreeing to become a free 2 game AFLW member. Couldn't proceed without ticking it. So I assume i'm being counted twice now.

Regarding that PB guernsey comp I didn't tick the AFLW 2 free games and it allowed me to proceed. The only reason I didn't tick the free 2 game giveaway is because I live in Sydney and cant make the games.

So you don't need to tick that box its optional.

Last edited:
Agree fully. Membership revenue should be the metric, but apparently we don't even report it as it's own figure, probably out of shame.
I suppose it doesn't fit our community proud goal.

No doubt if they did report it, rather than it being evidence of the club cooking the numbers, the message will be it's the fans fault for being too poor.

Full of praise for us now.

Not a word uttered in our defence when the entire footy world was slandering the fan base after the Brisbane game.

The silence back then says a lot more than these comments now, and we won’t forget it.
Richardson has a habit of going missing up his arse for weeks and months at a time!

Do all of those $1 members get voting rights if there was another board member election?
I don't know the answer to this but my mate has a Port "digital membership" which is basically just Kayo at a cheaper price and that membership comes with priority finals tickets, which I reckon it's dogshit (though not that it matters if we can't sell em out anyway with our "70,000") so I wouldn't be surprised if all "memberships" come with that as well as member voting rights.

You don't want people that put a decent amount of money in, the ones that clearly have a passion for the club, having more of a voice than those that don't care, because that might lead to accountability and we can't have that.

Reckon most clubs would be showing record memberships these days now that they can count AFLW and single game memberships in the total.
It's all crapola.
Agree revenue should be the KPI for that.

There is no correlation between club membership numbers and club home match attendances. Collingwood and Richmond have over 100K members yet the best home crowd Collingwood have managed against us in the last three games at the MCG (2022, 2023, 2024) was only 65K and the average for those three games only 56K. Richmond are even worse, 30K maximum and an average of 27K.

Melbourne like us claim to have 70K members but only got 18K in their last home game, which was against us, and only 16K at the MCG the week before. They rely on playing fellow Melbourne teams to get a boost to their crowd figures from away team supporters.

It highlights what a rubbery and meaningless figure membership totals are. As Duck Farmer posted above, the main purpose of these figures is to market to potential sponsors.

They also get the same window to buy a finals ticket in Weeks 1, 2 and 3 as someone who paid up in full for an expensive membership in October 2023. That's the AFL for you. Gotta get those membership numbers as big as possible.

The Grand Final does have 3 windows for members to purchase a ticket and the club does give people with Grand final priority and higher memberships opportunities in the first two windows.

I don't know the answer to this but my mate has a Port "digital membership" which is basically just Kayo at a cheaper price and that membership comes with priority finals tickets, which I reckon it's dogshit (though not that it matters if we can't sell em out anyway with our "70,000") so I wouldn't be surprised if all "memberships" come with that as well as member voting rights.

You don't want people that put a decent amount of money in, the ones that clearly have a passion for the club, having more of a voice than those that don't care, because that might lead to accountability and we can't have that.
That is bullshitzki mate. I have a digital membership, and it's agreat deal, but I can guarantee you that priority finals tickets are NOT included in the package.

1724339461295.png

Do all of those $1 members get voting rights if there was another board member election?
I got voting rights with my three game membership that I got when entered the competition for the tri-bolt guernsey last year.

It was confusing because when passing my Platinum Membership onto my father-in-law I'd often end up sending him the wrong ticket.

That is bullshitzki mate. I have a digital membership, and it's agreat deal, but I can guarantee you that priority finals tickets are NOT included in the package.

View attachment 2088123
I swear I read it did, but I'm happy to be wrong on that one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2024 Membership - Audited Figure 66,015 - New Club Record

Remove this Banner Ad

Back