2024 Membership - New record!

Remove this Banner Ad

I messaged my bank online, asking them to block it from going through, as its stuck pending. Told them it is an unauthorized transaction. Hopefully they block it, to save me from having to make any phone calls.

Poor form by the club to not have addressed this.
As I've mentioned before I put this in my responses in the recent members' survey. I hope others did too.

Also as we can infer from RooGal's post elsewhere, this appears to be a widespread practice, probably driven by the AFL and Racketmaster or whoever their membership ticketing partner in crime dubious activities is.

So while the club is complicit in going along with it, it probably doesn't get a lot of say in the matter. The problem is almost certainly further up the food chain and they are the ones who need to be brought to account. However our only point of leverage (outside legal action or going to ACCC or a member of federal parliament) is with the club. Any pressure applied to the club can't hurt. Not sure how much it'll help though.

After we all sacrificed dollars over covid and didn't attend a single game how quickly that generosity is forgotten. They know they got me, love the club spend a couple of thousands each year yet her are a list of things:

• Added Ballarat, o.k fine, yet that meant 11 home games and reserved seat went to 9 game, yet prices went up!
  • Lost our replacement games, meaning membership value goes down again.
  • Let non bulldog supporter by tickets in "members reserve" meaning we need to deal with idiots from the opposite (some who sneak in with the sole purpose to cause trouble).
  • As above, auto renew without informing your members, used to it now, yet poor form. Also people like me brought tickets just to get them to the record. I don't want to auto renew, so I need to call. Probably already taken first month, as I'm slow to act.
  • Stuff up the finals tickets for reserve seat holders.
  • Never explain why costs are going up higher than inflation.

I messaged my bank online, asking them to block it from going through, as its stuck pending. Told them it is an unauthorized transaction. Hopefully they block it, to save me from having to make any phone calls.

Poor form by the club to not have addressed this.
Have you rung them and asked them to reverse it?

Have you rung them and asked them to reverse it?
Not yet, giving the bank first dibs :)
If they are unable to, then I will be giving the club a call.

As I've mentioned before I put this in my responses in the recent members' survey. I hope others did too.

Also as we can infer from RooGal's post elsewhere, this appears to be a widespread practice, probably driven by the AFL and Racketmaster or whoever their membership ticketing partner in crime dubious activities is.

So while the club is complicit in going along with it, it probably doesn't get a lot of say in the matter. The problem is almost certainly further up the food chain and they are the ones who need to be brought to account. However our only point of leverage (outside legal action or going to ACCC or a member of federal parliament) is with the club. Any pressure applied to the club can't hurt. Not sure how much it'll help though.

I'm glad someone has put it forward to the club. But you're possibly right about the AFL and Ticketmaster having a say in this. So the clubs hands may be tied, and I will give them the benefit of the doubt. But it would be nice if the club could address this and be up front about it.

I genuinely think the ACCC should be notified. This would definitely be a breach of some regulations. Especially auto renewing without prior consent.

This club can walk a plank. When I purchased a 3 game membership at the end of this year. There was not an option asking for their permission to renew automatically. Nor was there any warning that it would occur.

Instead today, when I needed to buy groceries. I was left at the check out unable to process my purchase, due to insufficient funds. Turns out that took money out of my account for a membership I never asked for. Left me in an awkward spot as I had to step aside, hold up the line, and transfer funds across from another account.

The fact the club has taken it on themselves to auto renew without your consent. Has left me feeling pretty unimpressed. It should be the other way around, auto renew doesn't occur unless SOMEONE selects it. Not very professional at all.

The fact that so many of you here have complained about it happening as well, yet the club has chosen not to fix it. Shows how poorly they have handled the whole thing.

I heavily edited this post, as initially I posted it at a time I let my temperament get the better of me.
Thanks for the heads up. I just checked my account and can see I've been deducted today, yet the email I received said it shouldn't be done until next Monday.

1729660333034.png
1000071044.jpg

Thanks for the heads up. I just checked my account and can see I've been deducted today, yet the email I received said it shouldn't be done until next Monday.

View attachment 2150353
View attachment 2150355
Yes, I got something similar, a few weeks ago.

It also gave a link to check the invoice, which I did (via Ticketwhatever). One year they omitted to include the Social Club add-on, which they quickly restored when I rang up.

I cancelled auto renew last year after it was applied without consent as just prefer to renew when it suits me.
Manually renewed in December and now find I am back on auto renew with payment deducted. Did not see any mention or consent to do this and it is wrong.
Have emailed the club and let them know my thoughts as it’s very poor whether them or whoever.

My 2025 membership came out today as well. But as far as I am concerned the club has done everything correctly. They advised me on the 4/10/24 by email that this would occur.
Screenshot_20241023-160038_Yahoo Mail.png
...and there is option to contact the club if you wish to discuss alternative options.

Go dogs you good things.

My 2025 membership came out today as well. But as far as I am concerned the club has done everything correctly. They advised me on the 4/10/24 by email that this would occur.
View attachment 2150444
...and there is option to contact the club if you wish to discuss alternative options.

Go dogs you good things.
Yep.

I agree that a lot of what the club does seems a bit slimy, and they're hiding good deals the previous season in an attempt to recoup more money the following year by auto-signing people up in the hope that they're too lazy or whatever to cancel it (I don't want my football club to take advantage of people's laziness in raising revenue).

At the same time, I feel a lot of heartache could have been avoided if people just read and responded to their emails and took the time. It's not something we should have to do, but it's still something people could have done.

That being said, when I rang up and cancelled, I did leave some feedback that I was disappointed with some of the club's membership practices (while being respectful). There's no reason why I shouldn't trust that that feedback wasn't taken on.

Yep.

I agree that a lot of what the club does seems a bit slimy, and they're hiding good deals the previous season in an attempt to recoup more money the following year by auto-signing people up in the hope that they're too lazy or whatever to cancel it (I don't want my football club to take advantage of people's laziness in raising revenue).

At the same time, I feel a lot of heartache could have been avoided if people just read and responded to their emails and took the time. It's not something we should have to do, but it's still something people could have done.

That being said, when I rang up and cancelled, I did leave some feedback that I was disappointed with some of the club's membership practices (while being respectful). There's no reason why I shouldn't trust that that feedback wasn't taken on.
In my case, I read the email and what they told me would happen (payment to be processed on the 28th) did not happen (because it was processed today, the 23rd).

This kind of thing is unacceptable for a professional organisation and erodes goodwill. They rely on the loyalty of supporters to turn a blind eye to it - if this were another company I'd be taking my business elsewhere immediately.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Membership - New record!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back