List Mgmt. 2024 Mid Season Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Neither. I think we’ll go for younger players, boost our age demographic at that end.

Callow hasn’t set the world on fire for Norwood, even if his ceiling is far higher and he’s what we need. Teakle is starring in a weak league.
Teakle is 24 and Callow is 21. They’re in the perfect age group for us. Our best MSD pick was 22 when we picked him up.

No point going for 19 years old who weren’t talented enough to get picked in ND and aren’t physically close to having an impact at AFL level.

Teakle is 24 and Callow is 21. They’re in the perfect age group for us. Our best MSD pick was 22 when we picked him up.

No point going for 19 years old who weren’t talented enough to get picked in ND and aren’t physically close to having an impact at AFL level.
I would agree but have a gut feeling about this one.

Begg has damage to MCL and PCL. It will depend on whether he needs surgery or not as to his future. If yes, likely out for a long time.

We have a good track record of being anything but predictable at the draft.

We also probably want talent to replenish the list with youngish players given we don’t have many under 21.
I don't really see the value of adding less proven U21s vs more proven 21-24 year-olds

Based on anything in particular?
Based on our previous successful MSD’s where we picked up… state league stars 😂

The only Coates league player we’ve grabbed in an MSD is Begg and he’s as close to a bust as you can get at this point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Callow? How long have I been in a coma for?

If they have no plans on recruiting a ruck at years end… then definitely need one in the MSD
Callow won’t be drafted by us. Might as well be the buzz kill here. He’s just not on any radar but the Devils’.

The only Coates league player we’ve grabbed in an MSD is Begg and he’s as close to a bust as you can get at this point.
There are way bigger busts than Begg from the MSD - He's played AFL footy and stuck around for 3 seasons after his initial drafting.

A lot of MSD draftees have been ditched after 6 months and never played AFL footy.

There are way bigger busts than Begg from the MSD - He's played AFL footy and stuck around for 3 seasons after his initial drafting.

A lot of MSD draftees have been ditched after 6 months and never played AFL footy.
I think he might even get another year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back