List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

No chance of this post blowing up on us.

When we got JHFF nobody was moaning about not having multiple slightly lesser talents instead.

Reid is a gun. That's their Dustin Martin. Let's just hope our assortment suit our needs. I'd potentially have given up Duursma and one of the teens picks for him based on what we know so far.
Agreed, but not all 4 of our players for Reid. Then we'd be right royally ****ed in more positions of need.

I see reality has still yet to set in for some. We aren't just talking finals or flag droughts here, this is in terms of pure competitiveness.

As s**t as those teams were at times none of them spent 5 consecutive years in the bottom 2 of the ladder, as will most likely be the case with us at seasons end. Even during their awful periods they managed to bob up up on occasion to middling finishes, which is something we can only dream of at the moment.

In terms of our rebuild we are not comparable whatsoever and people need to stop pretending we are. We are performing worse, and yes it is a bitter pill to swallow but it sadly is the truth.
You state facts just on the numbers.
In years gone by we all saw young teams be able to get run on and look great for periods of time before running out of steam.
But almost every team has strong forward presses these days and one things we really lack is aerial power to help get us throw them. Imo it would be much harder for those bottomed out clubs to get those upset wins today.

Hodge, Clarkson, Viney all think something is good but yeah the bigfooty keyboard warriors disagree so let’s go with their opinion instead

Hodge is one of the best commentators out there. What you say might be true but that's more a reflection on how shithouse the rest of the commentary teams are.
Came across this video. Would love to hear more of our players talking on the field.

Traded, next to Ollie, on a flank, in that order.
Well no then from me. We've seen what Powell can do, keep him going as in time the upper end we've seen of him will become his standard.
My issue is we continue to look at what is today where we do need that sort of player. Given Powell has more half a season of growth this year and then another preseason we should be expecting far more consistency from him next year and certainly the year after. Next year is not the time to push him out for a player with maybe a couple of seasons left in them.
However, im not against taking Wines but not at the expense of pushing our younger guys out.

Last edited:
One of the many issues I have with our current team is our inability of our top end talent being able to play multiple positions.

Look at the Pies
Daicos x 2, Crisp, Pendles, JDG can all go into different areas of the ground and have a meaninful impact.

I look at our list and Sheezal and McKercher are probably the only ones who has shown any ability to play in different zones. I thought Jy might be able to hold down a wing/hf role, but it hasn't worked out thus far.

LDU, WP, George and even Powell as completely ineffective if not played in their preferred role, and when playing in their preferred role we are getting pumped each week in the middle

Powell should be spending more time on wings and half forward, like a Mitch Duncan does - especially if we are going to recruit another mid this year which is looking likely.

We should not be recruiting mature players who are one dimensional. I think Parker would be ok as he can go forward but I wouldn't be going near Wines. Depending on what Cam does I'd also be looking at Berry from Lions as a free agent.
Spot on and is why Reid and JHF types are so valuable.

That said im not 100% convinced Sheez has the burst for a full time mid. Pinch hit yes, play forward or back flanks yes which is enough.

Both Wardlaw and Powel have goal sense and have proven they can impact the scoreboard so im far less concerned about them. Duursma is a good selection for this reason, good goal sense, strong over head and could hold down multi positions in time. I also thought it a good move getting Curtis some mid minutes.

And i did mean to bring it up the other week, and i know its only one passage of play im highlighting here. But Simpkin took a set shot against StKilda from 45 out, usually its extremely unlikely he goals from there. BUT, he went back with confidence (which got my interest levels up), didnt really look around that much and made a statement of - ive got this. He went ahead and split the middle. Even the routine looked better, i cant put my finger on it exactly, but it looked like the early stages of a guy whos been putting more time into their forward craft.
Sorry for the long winded way of saying, im watching Jy with renewed interest while playing forward.

So what are we to do get band 1 for Cam if he leaves so pick 1 and 2 . Or split pick 1 like we did for Sheezel and Wardlaw. I do think we need this big body mid . JHF left put us back a bit as too not getting Reid. I think we need Smiley but 2 players in top 5 is also enticing .Quite the conundrum. What about future 1st plus a recently acquired top pick for Clayton Oliver just hypothosizing
if we get a free agent this year any compo for zurhaar gets diluted,if that is the case it would be better to match bid and trade him out

Hodge, Clarkson, Viney all think something is good but yeah the bigfooty keyboard warriors disagree so let’s go with their opinion instead

Even Dermie said it numerous times during commentary Sunday.... kept telling us to be patient and it will turn...

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Well no then from me. We've seen what Powell can do, keep him going as in time the upper end we've seen of him will become his standard.
My issue is we continue to look at what is today where we do need that sort of player. Given Powell will more half a season of growth this year and then another preseason we should be expecting far more consistency from him next year and certainly the year after. Next year is not the time to push him out for a player with maybe a couple of seasons left in them.
However, im not against taking Wines but not at the expense of pushing our younger guys out.

Won't be pushing our younger guys that will make it.... they would be brought in to support, complement, guide, give LDU a break as the number 1.... Laz and Phillips are still getting their chances, Powell I believe has moved to the next level and wardlaw there was never any doubt

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back