List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

DOGS OFFER YOUNGSTER DEAL​

THE WESTERN Bulldogs have put a contract offer to first-round pick Jedd Busslinger as the developing tall defender reaches the midway point of his second season at the club.

Busslinger was the Dogs' No.13 pick at the 2022 AFL draft but is yet to break through for his debut at the top level in the club's well-stocked talls department.

The West Australian is one of only two first-round picks from that season yet to re-sign beyond his standard two-year deal, with Swan Jacob Konstanty, the No.20 pick that season, also remaining out of contract beyond this year.

Konstanty is gathering rival interest as a small forward and also is yet to get in a shot at AFL level with the Swans.

The Dogs have made a contract offer to extend Busslinger beyond the end of this season. – Callum Twomey

Last edited:

Battle would be a perfect fit as he can play both forward and back and be our immediate CHF interim fix. Could also mean no more Corr if he played defence. A million a year over 6 is too much though. 800 over 3-4 fair enough which would already be considerably more than what’s he’s already on

He is a good chb, let's put it that way, hardly top notch.

If weitering is chf, then yes.

Hardly top notch... if that's your real opinion, all credibility has gone.... lost a fair bit when you said sellers was 24!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Josh battle for 6 mil, hmmm, what's his contract status like this year?

Is he on the outter at saints?

Oh there you go again.... he has been mentioned as a free agent multiple times! No he isn't on the outer plays regularly

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

DOGS OFFER YOUNGSTER DEAL​

THE WESTERN Bulldogs have put a contract offer to first-round pick Jedd Busslinger as the developing tall defender reaches the midway point of his second season at the club.

Busslinger was the Dogs' No.13 pick at the 2022 AFL draft but is yet to break through for his debut at the top level in the club's well-stocked talls department.

The West Australian is one of only two first-round picks from that season yet to re-sign beyond his standard two-year deal, with Swan Jacob Konstanty, the No.20 pick that season, also remaining out of contract beyond this year.

Konstanty is gathering rival interest as a small forward and also is yet to get in a shot at AFL level with the Swans.

The Dogs have made a contract offer to extend Busslinger beyond the end of this season. – Callum Twomey

Find out what they are offering Jedd Busslinger and and an extra 2 years onto the deal...

A Saints fan called SEN Sportsday today saying that Josh Battle to North is legit. 6-year deal at $1m.
Excited Season 7 GIF by The Office
Celebrate Season 1 GIF by The Roku Channel
Excited Season 2 GIF by The Office
Happy Well Done GIF by Top Talent
Happy Fresh Prince GIF by Nick At Nite

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there a different Josh Battle who stands 200cm and plays key defender?

He's not a bad player but you're talking an Aidan Corr type, not Logue or Comben.

A Saints fan called SEN Sportsday today saying that Josh Battle to North is legit. 6-year deal at $1m.
I mean, I can see why. He's mature-age, has heaps of footy left in him, can defend, can go forward. Versatile player.

$1m though? That'll be heavily front-loaded.

Battle would be a perfect fit as he can play both forward and back and be our immediate CHF interim fix. Could also mean no more Corr if he played defence. A million a year over 6 is too much though. 800 over 3-4 fair enough which would already be considerably more than what’s he’s already on
If we give a player of that standard $1M per for 6 years it might not be bad if it's front loaded. The salary cap will jump and he'd be a bargain for the last 3-4 years.

Is there a different Josh Battle who stands 200cm and plays key defender?

He's not a bad player but you're talking an Aidan Corr type, not Logue or Comben.
Did you watch the saints game last weekend?
He played CHF.
Baulking, marks and goals.
He is a seriously good player

If we give a player of that standard $1M per for 6 years it might not be bad if it's front loaded. The salary cap will jump and he'd be a bargain for the last 3-4 years.
I'm willing to guess they are getting whatever mature-age recruits they can get now before our best young players start commanding more money. Not to mention improve our baseline performance. We just don't have enough experience on every line.

I mean, I can see why. He's mature-age, has heaps of footy left in him, can defend, can go forward. Versatile player.

$1m though? That'll be heavily front-loaded.
It's about jumping years of development.
We can keep drafting high end mids take a small forward or another development kpp with our second pick.
It gives us a chance at being competitive next year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back