Play Nice 2024 Non AFL Crowds/Ratings and other Industry thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Pepole also ignored Hitler and his Nazis and thought they would fissle out and we all know how thet turned out!

People like V'Landys NEED to be called out and that is why I raise his lies and BS because his hangerons in the Sydney media won't!!
Don't forget the Australian Media is now virtully run out of Sydney - just have a look at the disgrageful way the Swans (the biggest crowd drawing team in Sydney) and GWS have been treated over the years esp in the DT!
I don't think we can compare PV with Hitler

Same as far as lying and B S++++++++ goes as people like Hitler and Goebbles the master of modern day proparganda who con the lazy MSM into spreading their lies and making the publc believe them !

Dude calm down

It might not sound like it but Im quite calm and chilled but I must admit I have hated liars esp when they get away with it all my long life (81) and still do = just the facts marm!

You have bashed Rugby league through all your user names over a long period of time no matter what. This is just another reason.

Personally I reckon the guys a bit of a dick, but he gets people talking about the game good or bad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems that the Matilda mania continues, but not sure if this will have any lasting positive impacts on the ALeague competitions

This comes as former Matildas coach Ante Milicic said he believes the Matilda's are now “carrying Australian football”.

“They’ve changed Australian football, they’re carrying Australian football in some ways on their shoulders, and I couldn’t be prouder with the direction they’ve taken,” he said.

Same as far as lying and B S++++++++ goes as people like Hitler and Goebbles the master of modern day proparganda who con the lazy MSM into spreading their lies and making the publc believe them !

Vlandys is a dickhead but comparing him to Hitler is a bit much. Stretching the truth/talking BS in regards to sport/business can't be compared to what happened in WW2.

The AFL vs NRL stuff is just a bit of fun. Banter, talk crap, but don't take it too seriously.

Sounds like NZ2 will be team 20, after Perth Bears and PNG. V'landys also dropped this little pearl:

“We don’t want current fans taken away from the Broncos, Dolphins, Cowboys or Titans.

“Whoever comes in has to prove they will bring in new fans.

“Papua New Guinea is an easy one. They will bring in new fans. Perth is an easy one because that’s another new market. Christchurch (in New Zealand) will attract new fans as well.
I would have assumed NZ2 would be in Wellington, but it sounds like they want Christchurch instead. I suppose North Island vs South Island makes sense, but will they get enough people at games in Christchurch?

Not that anyone in Melbourne would have noticed, but the Melbourne Rebels no longer exist.
I mentioned it a few days ago and no one noticed.
The long, slow and painful death of Australian Rugby Union
(their last plan to survive has been to buy emerging NRL players - the most prominent of whom is Joseph Sua'ali'i, the guy who tried to take Reece Walsh's head off in SOO - off to Union next year at $10M for 5 years)

Last edited:
(their last plan to survive has been to buy emerging NRL players - the most prominent of whom is Joseph Sua'ali'i, the guy who tried to take Reece Walsh's head off in SOO - off to Union next year at $10M for 5 years)

I remember when they used to do that in the early 2000's

The Rugbys lost out on 17 year old, Roman Siulepa, to basketball. He has joined the NBL Next Star program. That made sure he committed to basketball long-term. The number one pick this year will come from this program. It's probably the best pathway to the NBA in the world if you want to get paid.

And to all those people who think Tassie is not attractive as a destination for kids.....he went to the JJ's

He is actually a really interesting case. Didn’t he play rugby all through his teenage years? then he signed a big dollar deal with the Roosters. The amount of money was something like $600k a year while he was still 17, Something AFL clubs can’t do or compete with for first class talent.
With the way cricket in India is tracking it’ll be interesting if in ten years we start seeing Australian cricketers pulling in $10-20mil per year to see if that entices young multi sport talented kids to stick with cricket much longer.

I remember when they used to do that in the early 2000's

The Rugbys lost out on 17 year old, Roman Siulepa, to basketball. He has joined the NBL Next Star program. That made sure he committed to basketball long-term. The number one pick this year will come from this program. It's probably the best pathway to the NBA in the world if you want to get paid.

And to all those people who think Tassie is not attractive as a destination for kids.....he went to the JJ's
Two years wasn’t it? I think he sees them as nothing more then a stepping stone

Two years wasn’t it? I think he sees them as nothing more then a stepping stone
yeah, but he sees the NBL as that. He is also close to one of our coaches, who also lives in Brisbane.

They are saying NBA for him in the long term, hence next star. Long way to go, of course.

He is actually a really interesting case. Didn’t he play rugby all through his teenage years? then he signed a big dollar deal with the Roosters. The amount of money was something like $600k a year while he was still 17, Something AFL clubs can’t do or compete with for first class talent.
With the way cricket in India is tracking it’ll be interesting if in ten years we start seeing Australian cricketers pulling in $10-20mil per year to see if that entices young multi sport talented kids to stick with cricket much longer.
Not quite right. He is from the big Islander community in Western Sydney (the basis of Panthers success) originally played League but got a Rugby scholarship to King’s school. He was playing juniors for the rabbits in League at the same time as Union in the GPS comp.

Sounds like NZ2 will be team 20, after Perth Bears and PNG. V'landys also dropped this little pearl:

I would have assumed NZ2 would be in Wellington, but it sounds like they want Christchurch instead. I suppose North Island vs South Island makes sense, but will they get enough people at games in Christchurch?

Well Christchurch is the second largest population centre in New Zealand after Auckland.

IMG_3010.jpeg

IMG_3012.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice 2024 Non AFL Crowds/Ratings and other Industry thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back