2024 Offseason Thread - NBA Draft June 27/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Do GSW really think they are going to compete with Melton at SG ?
I’d say Golden State are well aware that the only way they compete now is by Steph Curry having the greatest individual season of all time.

When the Clippers refused to let them have PG it was over. Now they are just stuck in the weird spot of still having Steph Curry.

Massive overpay but they fill a need and have the room so good on them. He's made out like a bandit there

Screenshot 2024-07-02 at 12.09.02 PM.png

According to that, Chet is a PF. I see him as a C, same as Hartenstein. But in todays game its so fluid (possibly gender in the future) it dont matter. Question on everyones lips, do they start together?

I also wonder how Hartey will play in OKC which employs a different style of play due to personnel.

Also is it pronounced Hart-en-steen or Hart-en-styne

Wikipedia reports:
On 1 November 2023, the Philadelphia 76ers acquired Batum, Marcus Morris Sr., Kenyon Martin Jr. and Robert Covington from the Clippers in exchange for James Harden, P. J. Tucker, and Filip Petrušev. As part of the trade, the Clippers dealt a first-round pick, two second-round picks, a pick swap, and cash considerations to the 76ers, while sending a pick swap and cash considerations to the Oklahoma City Thunder.[46]

At the time, Clutchpoints stressed:
“Definitely, yes,” Batum told ClutchPoints. “Yes, because it's during the season. You have two kids in school, you've got a wife. You've got everything set up, and you don't really plan for it. And when I heard [rumors about the trade], I wasn't supposed to be part of it anyway.

He's coming home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He will get 6 shots a game up with Irving/Doncic at the helm

Its a shocking fit really. He either starts at SF and gets monstered by other SF making the defense worse or he comes off the bench which isnt something he has shown he can do

They also lose Josh Green too who isnt a bad player at all

Most logical move was to stay at Warriors

Can't work off the bench? Was great off the bench last year.

1719905822108.png

For all the talk of 76ers contending what the hell are they going to do at PF and SF. They spent 180 mill already basically on Reed, Embiid, PG, Maxey, Oubre and Drummond

Going to need someone to take massive paycuts to get it filled out from here

Yeah but the Dubs offered him $24 mil per season BEFORE this season. Hindsight says it was a reasonable offer.

Makes sense, just won the championship, team will be contending for the next 3-5 years at least.

Only problem is the tax that will come into pay soon our value would be higher than ever before.

For all the talk of 76ers contending what the hell are they going to do at PF and SF. They spent 180 mill already basically on Reed, Embiid, PG, Maxey, Oubre and Drummond

Going to need someone to take massive paycuts to get it filled out from here
Reed is not guaranteed so he will either be cut or used in a trade. They desperately need a 4, a lot of Philly fans are hoping they haven’t filled that spot because they are currently trying to trade for Lauri but I think that’s very wishful thinking. Almost certainly will be out bid for him. DFS not an awful cheaper option but think he days of being a starter quality are probably behind him.

Makes sense, just won the championship, team will be contending for the next 3-5 years at least.

Only problem is the tax that will come into pay soon our value would be higher than ever before.
I think a very good chance the C’s keep this team together for 12-24 months than will try to move one one or both of Jrue and KP and do a soft reset.

2nd greatest shooter working with the player that needs defenses to collapse to stop him?

Yes it seems plenty of people really remember Klay having a handful of terrible games instead looking at the broader picture. 50/3 for a guy shooting3 39% / 18ppg ... it's just a tick above the $13m MLE. Plenty of guys no where near what Klay can offer are going to get full MLE contracts.

Mavs need right now, not a maybe Josh Green doubles his output. But I also subscribe to why did they under use their Aussies so much in the playoffs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back