2024 Offseason Thread - NBA Draft June 27/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty great get for Philly, they have just been STARVED of wings for almost the entire Embiid era. Now having PG, Oubre and Martin is a massive massive massive upgrade. They are still lacking a true 4 and i think rebounding will be an issue. But a great step in the right direction.

Dario to the Nuggets 2Y $10.6M. I thought he was actually pretty good when given minutes for the Warriors last year. Problem was we started winning when his minutes were cut so he never got back into the rotation.

Pretty great get for Philly, they have just been STARVED of wings for almost the entire Embiid era. Now having PG, Oubre and Martin is a massive massive massive upgrade. They are still lacking a true 4 and i think rebounding will be an issue. But a great step in the right direction.

Going to miss his "3 pointers" that only count for 2. ☹️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He will get 6 shots a game up with Irving/Doncic at the helm

Its a shocking fit really. He either starts at SF and gets monstered by other SF making the defense worse or he comes off the bench which isnt something he has shown he can do

They also lose Josh Green too who isnt a bad player at all

Most logical move was to stay at Warriors
Lol do you get your takes from ESPN? Who's your guy, Broussard or Stephen A?
Luka, consistently top 3 in assists and potential assist in the league? Ball hog? Make this take make sense please.

THJ shot 12 per game this season. Klay is going to get more than that.

What about the gravity he'll provide to Luka/Kyrie? You think people are sticking on DJJ and THJ like they would Klay?

Oh he will get a bigger role by simply being better, THJ wasn't benched because he wasn't needed. He was benched because he was so dog shit he was unplayable. He is not only a better shooter but somehow even in his current state probably a better defender.

I think one of the biggest issues the Mavs found in the finals was they just lacked shooting around Kyrie and Klay.

Gafford/Lively are non shooters.

PJ Had a great run but is not a consistent outside threat.

DJJ is okay but streaky.

Green is an okay shooter but again not reliable.

THJ needed to be the outside threat to punish teams but he couldn't do that. Klay can fit that role perfectly. Fair chance it might age poorly, it certainly has some risk but 16 million in current contracts is far from horrendous imo.

2nd greatest shooter working with the player that needs defenses to collapse to stop him?

Exactly.

Why?

We had nobody that can catch and shoot consistently in the entire roster. Big part of why we were smacked by Boston.

3 pt shooting was the biggest hole to fill.
He had his second worst season for 3P %. His worst and second worst have both come in the last three seasons.

It's certainly a worry.

He had his second worst season for 3P %. His worst and second worst have both come in the last three seasons.

It's certainly a worry.
it's a worry but they upgraded THJ massively as he should be in China. Defensively they're going to struggle with Kyrie/Luka/Klay lineups but Klay will hit more open shots that DJJ/THJ did too

It's certainly a worry.
No doubt the injuries have played a part in that, and also probably his care factor at the Warriors was a bit low. I daresay his effort levels will improve as it seems he's trying to prove some kind of point next season.

Despite that he was still only a smidge under 39% last season. I think we'll see that tick up playing with Luka.

Most players have come in to improve their shooting playing with him while getting lots of open looks
THJ career .36 -> .373 with dallas
DJJ .316 -> .343
Irving .393 -> .406
etc etc

I wouldn't discount the impact on Luka's scoring as well (and Kyrie's, but mostly Luka's). He's going to have more space with Klay on the court compared to others. Also it reduces the offensive load on PJW as well. Turns him into the 4th option which will only help him on the defensive end of the court.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back