2024 Offseason Thread - Summer League

Remove this Banner Ad

Knowledgable posters of basketball.

I invite you to contribute and enjoy the basketball during and in the

2024 Paris Olympic Games basketball thread (XXXIII Olympiad)

Last edited by a moderator:
Apologies for the late arrival. I know most of you have been waiting for a long long time.

Lots to discuss. Coaching positions available, free agents available (see below), and fake trades to be dissected.

Go your hardest

Donovan Mitchell the man to watch here. I think he leaves myself. The bright lights of NYC are too much for his ego to ignore. Cleveland probably get a shit ton back and can back in Garland as opposed to trade him for peanuts

OKC and Sacramento the 2 teams to watch here also. Both gotta do something. I can see OKC going absolutely nuclear on Markannen with a godfather offer to Utah. For Sacramento they probably want to move Barnes/Huerter on for another scorer. I could see Sacramento being the team to go for Lavine

Klay Thompson probably has a decision to make. Big money at Orlando or big paycut at GSW. I think he stays at GSW

Paul George gets a max, just a matter of where. I think he stays at LA Clippers myself

Philly got 12 roster spots to fill. Insane for a so called contender. Every single person will put them over a barrel too. I imagine they sign Batum/Melton/Oubre/Lowry back on. No clue where the other 9 come from though.

Donovan Mitchell the man to watch here. I think he leaves myself. The bright lights of NYC are too much for his ego to ignore. Cleveland probably get a shit ton back and can back in Garland as opposed to trade him for peanuts

OKC and Sacramento the 2 teams to watch here also. Both gotta do something. I can see OKC going absolutely nuclear on Markannen with a godfather offer to Utah. For Sacramento they probably want to move Barnes/Huerter on for another scorer. I could see Sacramento being the team to go for Lavine

Klay Thompson probably has a decision to make. Big money at Orlando or big paycut at GSW. I think he stays at GSW

Paul George gets a max, just a matter of where. I think he stays at LA Clippers myself

Philly got 12 roster spots to fill. Insane for a so called contender. Every single person will put them over a barrel too. I imagine they sign Batum/Melton/Oubre/Lowry back on. No clue where the other 9 come from though.
I still think Mitchell makes 0 sense for New York at the cost. Too much cross over with Brunson.

Philly will hope to get batum back but the talk all year was that he was retiring after this year. Surely the Clippers offer PG the max or close to it and he stays, makes no sense to let him walk and re-sign Harden and Kawhi

Lowry is finished

Don't want Knicks to go for Donny. Need someone to take the pressure off Brunson but they never got to see how good they could be in playoffs due to injuries. No use panic trading. Keep OG as priority 1 and look for a good backup PG like Tyus Jones or something. Much cheaper plus ability to run it back with the squad they wanted

Orlando would be foolish to pay Klay but agree they will make the offer. Why not offer Paul George money instead

Would love to see Markannen at OKC

I still think Mitchell makes 0 sense for New York at the cost. Too much cross over with Brunson.

Philly will hope to get batum back but the talk all year was that he was retiring after this year. Surely the Clippers offer PG the max or close to it and he stays, makes no sense to let him walk and re-sign Harden and Kawhi
I think its a shit fit too but it just feels like something NY will do and try to make work. If im Mitchell Id probably stick it out. I dont think any team he can get too will let him play the role he wants

Lowry is finished

Don't want Knicks to go for Donny. Need someone to take the pressure off Brunson but they never got to see how good they could be in playoffs due to injuries. No use panic trading. Keep OG as priority 1 and look for a good backup PG like Tyus Jones or something. Much cheaper plus ability to run it back with the squad they wanted

Orlando would be foolish to pay Klay but agree they will make the offer. Why not offer Paul George money instead

Would love to see Markannen at OKC
Seems like Lowry is a certainty on the min contract. Philly like his leadership too and worth it on such a deal

Love Mitchell but the fit just isn't right at present given how Brunson is rolling.

I did read some rumours about Lebron possibly to join NY as a free agent, assuming it had something to do with his son being drafted but god I hope not. As good as he has been it would be a step back for us. Priority is keeping this current group together. A fit OG , Robinson and Randle and we could be playing this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't see the Thunder going nuclear, at all.

Did say previously that Hartenstein is somebody they'll look at to fill a roster niche, but from the sounds of it he might be getting pretty expensive. Seller's market there.

I could see them flipping Giddey for someone like Atlanta's Bogdanovic, as it'd both fill another roster need in the short term and balance out their cap in the long term. Whether they want to trade a 21 year old for a 31 year old is another question entirely though. They obviously have Bogdanovic's type in mind though, hence their failed experiment with Hayward.

Atlanta themselves will be one to watch. Will definitely trade someone, but could be as many as 4 or 5.

I don't see the Thunder going nuclear, at all.

Did say previously that Hartenstein is somebody they'll look at to fill a roster niche, but from the sounds of it he might be getting pretty expensive. Seller's market there.

I could see them flipping Giddey for someone like Atlanta's Bogdanovic, as it'd both fill another roster need in the short term and balance out their cap in the long term. Whether they want to trade a 21 year old for a 31 year old is another question entirely though. They obviously have Bogdanovic's type in mind though, hence their failed experiment with Hayward.

Atlanta themselves will be one to watch. Will definitely trade someone, but could be as many as 4 or 5.
Murray to Knicks is one I wouldn't mind. Cheaper than Donny, decent scorer, take some load off Brunson, and hopefully gets his defence back when not next to Trae...

I could see them flipping Giddey for someone like Atlanta's Bogdanovic

No Way Smh GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Murray to Knicks is one I wouldn't mind. Cheaper than Donny, decent scorer, take some load off Brunson, and hopefully gets his defence back when not next to Trae...

How do you propose to salary match and what draft assets do we get?

Was listening to nba today and Richard Jefferson mentioned that the Utah jazz wifi is named “Jordan pushed off” lmao can anyone confirm this to be true? Seems a bit far fetched but I could see it being true lol.

Alternate names could be ''Eisley's shot was good'', or ''Dick Bavetta is a f*ckwit''.

Lakers throwing the kitchen sink at Dan Hurley to coach.

peternorth will remember his brother Bobby, who was lucky to survive a car accident after being a lottery pick for a team who may be even more #cursed than the Lakers.

Careful, B. Hurley is Duke royalty. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Offseason Thread - Summer League

Remove this Banner Ad

Back