Autopsy 2024 Rd 0 - Harry kicks the winner vs Lions

Who played well for the Blues vs the Lions in Round 0?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been a fan/member for 45+ years and that's the best win I've ever seen.
The way they got the 2 late first half goals I thought for a second, could they? Nah, get real!

Stats don't always tell the story.
Crippa "only" had 23 but his role was more than that. Going in the ruck again and again, playing forward - and that goal.
Williams "only" had 19 but his ball use is as good as any in the comp.

For me, it was Harry that was BOG. 4 qtr effort.
***** fantastic win.

Hey Lions, remember 8th March?
You choked when we were without our B&F and the 2023 Finals.MVP! 😉

GIL8AyvawAAHpfI

What a come back.

Would prefer a more even game but the players should get a lot of belief out of that one.

Some notables for me:

Jack Carroll: Belongs at the level and we have another mid option for rotations, good game young fella.

Harry: not for goals (which would have been great for his confidence )but more than a handy chop out in the ruck (my brain is still saying should we be risking him there though).

Zac: glad he got through and contributed.

The midfield group: Got their shit together and worked it out.

Salivating at Walsh, Weiters Jack M and Hollands to come in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched the first half in one pub in South Melbourne and left at halftime saying to my mate, "this place is bad luck, let's go somewhere else!"

Then we walked around the corner to The Montague Hotel and saw they had beautiful big 'CFC' logos on the outside walls of the pub. "Now we're talking!" I say to him. We walk inside and Baggers kick 8 unanswered goals, reel in 46 point deficit and win by a point 💪😂

"That's absolute bullsh*t!" Says my Aints supporter mate in disbelief 😂

Bring on round 1 at the home of footy and Go Blues! 💙

I watched the first half in one pub in South Melbourne and left at halftime saying to my mate, "this place is bad luck, let's go somewhere else!"

Then we walked around the corner to The Montague Hotel and saw they had beautiful big 'CFC' logos on the outside walls of the pub. "Now we're talking!" I say to him. We walk inside and Baggers kick 8 unanswered goals, reel in 46 point deficit and win by a point 💪😂

"That's absolute bullsh*t!" Says my Aints supporter mate in disbelief 😂

Bring on round 1 at the home of footy and Go Blues! 💙

Betcha the beer tasted a sh-tload better too. 🍺

Some thoughts I had watching some not all of the game. Don’t hate me - I’m a new dad!

• TDK looked elite. A true threat in the ruck. Pitt will be hard placed to get a game with that standard
  • Boyd’s kicking is the best in our team. Just delightful delivery
  • Orazio is such a good pick up - doesn’t do heaps but has composure and that silk/danger in delivery we’ve missed for year.
  • Big H - welcome back son. We’ve missed ya Goalkicking.

Go baggers.

Some thoughts I had watching some not all of the game. Don’t hate me - I’m a new dad!

• TDK looked elite. A true threat in the ruck. Pitt will be hard placed to get a game with that standard
  • Boyd’s kicking is the best in our team. Just delightful delivery
  • Orazio is such a good pick up - doesn’t do heaps but has composure and that silk/danger in delivery we’ve missed for year.
  • Big H - welcome back son. We’ve missed ya Goalkicking.

Go baggers.
Congratulations on the new Bagger bubba ❤️

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 0 - Harry kicks the winner vs Lions

Back