Autopsy 2024 Rd 11 Blues eclipse Suns with roof closed

Who played well for the Blues in Rd 11 vs the Suns?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Motlop had 5 touches playing on ball half the game. He needs at least another couple of weeks in the VFL before being recalled.
Exactly what I said.
We have a poor history of rushing players back only for them to get injured again. Cuningham, Martin and Marchbank in the last month or so. None have earned the right to come straight back in

Great professional win by the boys but even though I’m sounding like a broken record we just have to sort out out forward 50 entries. How hard is it for the players to lower their eyes? So many opportunities wasted during the game simply because the best lace out option was not used.

Do we just not have the kicks to be @ble to do this? Can someone please explain to me what the problem is exactly as it’s been happening for a really long time …. It’s like the curse of that John Baker??? idiot that we finally got rid of a few years back after wherever he went he destroyed the line yet remained employed for years and years thx to his naughty pics of the cardboard king’s wife.

Even our long kicks into the forward line are often kicked to the advantage of the opponent and are usually bombed 40m in the air. They should be hard low 45m kicks to the advantage of either H / C. Even the simple stuff like that is usually stuffed up. And most of our small forwards are too slow to crumb, kick a goal. Williams showed what a small forward with a yard of pace can do yesterday.

So what? They beat us - mostly because they had a healthy list and we didn't.

Countless other factors, Suns had a near healthy list and we spanked them. If we had converted our chances against the Cats, the outcome might have been different

But, no side goes through a season undefeated

Back to my original point, most clubs don't rest players from game to game, they manage loads between games

It would be difficult to sustain a high level , week on week, year on year

This!

Don’t underestimate the amount of time and effort spent to try to nullify Charlie week in week out by every opposition team.

The fact that he rises above that to often change the course of a game is simply outstanding!

He is an incredible player and I’m grateful I get to watch him play for us!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Countless other factors, Suns had a near healthy list and we spanked them. If we had converted our chances against the Cats, the outcome might have been different

But, no side goes through a season undefeated

Back to my original point, most clubs don't rest players from game to game, they manage loads between games

The cats beat us. What has GC got to do with anything?

A quality player but always room for improvement and those blind kicks into the forward line are a worry.
Cripps was being criticised a couple of years ago - game had gone past him, trying to do too much, to slow, too banged up.

He’s managed to learn & get better. Sam, albeit he’s a clear & amazing talent, also has room for improvement.

I trust nobody more than Sam to work relentlessly in his pursuit.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cripps was being criticised a couple of years ago - game had gone past him, trying to do too much, to slow, too banged up.

He’s managed to learn & get better. Sam, albeit he’s a clear & amazing talent, also has room for improvement.

I trust nobody more than Sam to work relentlessly in the pursuit of improving his game.
Feel like those criticisms also occured the season he played with that small back fracture ...... Which is just nuts

I trust nobody more than Sam to work relentlessly in his pursuit.

Gotta love those 2. Cripps would be leading our B&F yet again. Walsh not far off despite missing a few games.

Cripps just keeps going and doesn't seem to care about any external opinions.

When Motts was promoted - not the first time, when forced in through injury, but the second time when he'd earnt it - he did it through strength of pressure numbers. I think it'll be his tackle numbers coupled with time on ground and km covered that will see him promoted rather than possession count.

Motlop had 5 touches playing on ball half the game. He needs at least another couple of weeks in the VFL before being recalled.
But but he's the one everyone was waiting for.

The expectation (of some on here and the socials) on this young man, who has only played a few dozen games, to come in and improve our forward pressure, crumbing, goal scoring and overall be a magician is utterly ridiculous. Especially after such a long lay off. He's going to be miles off the pace.

And while he showed glimpses previously, is yet to put together a complete 4 quarter performance.

He needs time to get up to speed and even longer to produce the types of performances that seem to be expected of him.

I remember discussions of this type around TDK years ago. He wasn't ready then and is only just starting to fulfil his early promise. Yes, talls take longer, but the comparison of reality vs expectations is apt.

On SM-F946B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gotta love those 2. Cripps would be leading our B&F yet again. Walsh not far off despite missing a few games.

Cripps just keeps going and doesn't seem to care about any external opinions.
I wouldn't be surprised if Cripps is close to leading the Brownlow. His form this year has been fantastic and he has added goals to his game as a result.

Speed and Goals were his knock from commentators and while he isn't lighting he seems to be getting across the ground pretty well at the moment and scoring goals

Give the kid a chance. It was his first game for months. At least give him 3 or 4 weeks before you start having a crack at him. Stupid comment

I like Motlop, just don’t want him picked next week.

How was I having a crack at him? My comment was more in relation to those wanting Fantasia dropped blindly thinking Motlop is ready.

We lost 4 of 6 with pitto in the team. Despite him playing quite well.

Won 5 out of 5 TDK on his own.

Is this just a coincidence?

Certainly a dilemma for the match committee.

Either way that felt like a statement game from TDK yesterday - he is a #1 ruck who can make the opposition ruck look like an ornamental statue out there. I certainly wouldn't be rushing to bring pitto back. But he is way too good for VFL.

I don’t think it’s a total coincidence. Especially considering our running capacity isn’t a strength, having 2 ruckmen doesn’t help that.

We lost 4 of 6 with pitto in the team. Despite him playing quite well.

Won 5 out of 5 TDK on his own.

Is this just a coincidence?

Certainly a dilemma for the match committee.

Either way that felt like a statement game from TDK yesterday - he is a #1 ruck who can make the opposition ruck look like an ornamental statue out there. I certainly wouldn't be rushing to bring pitto back. But he is way too good for VFL.
The wins without Pitto were against 9th, 10th, 13th, 17th and 18th.

The 4 losses were against 1st, 6th, 7th and 12th. We also beat 4th and 5th with Pitto.

I'd persist with TDK solo but calibre of opposition certainly played a big role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 11 Blues eclipse Suns with roof closed

Back