Autopsy 2024 Rd 22 Blues finals hopes sink like a stone

Who played well for the Blues in Round 22 vs the Hawks?

• 2. Lachie Cowan

Votes: 69 43.1%
  • 3. Jesse Motlop

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • 4. Ollie Hollands

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • 6. Zac Williams

• 7. Matthew Kennedy

Votes: 59 36.9%
  • 8. Lachie Fogarty

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 9. Patrick Cripps

Votes: 46 28.8%
  • 10. Harry McKay

Votes: 10 6.3%
  • 11. Mitch McGovern

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • 13. Blake Acres

Votes: 41 25.6%
  • 17. Brodie Kemp

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • 18. Sam Walsh

Votes: 10 6.3%
  • 20. Elijah Hollands

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • 21. Jack Martin (subbed out a quarter time with hamstring injury)

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • 23. Jacob Weitering

Votes: 30 18.8%
  • 24. Nic Newman

Votes: 23 14.4%
  • 27. Marc Pittonet

• 29. George Hewett

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • 30. Charlie Curnow

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • 37. Jordan Boyd

Votes: 34 21.3%
  • 39. Alex Cincotta (subbed on at quarter time with hamstring injury)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 42. Adam Saad

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • 44. Matt Owies

Votes: 4 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Curnow been playing with a bad ankle all year?

And Walsh for many weeks with a back....or something else (a shadow of himself).

Shocking decisions to keep playing them....

Harry also AWOL since that concussion incident...

O. Hollands - has had a terrible season by any standard, even his first year.

But keeps getting picked....

our blokes couldn't hit a target 20m away today - perfect conditions....repeatedly.

Pitto - trade him.

embarrassing.

Hawks didn't do anything special, just applied a bit of pressure and watched us implode...

This will finally be the circuit breaker to address some serious issues with our list that SOS left us with.

We need to remove Martin, Marchbank and Cuningham. We need to consider what role Williams can play.

We need to find a small forward who doesn’t go missing/only applies pressure.

We need speed in the middle - so big calls on midfielders.

Yes injury management needs to be looked at, but if we continue to pick up or persist with injury plaqued players the curse will continue.

I would trade Williams as well, injury prone not worth it, looks like another rebuild and another 25 years of shit.

Today was inevitable. They play a style we can't deal with. Not on the coach...it's on the list. We have gone a certain way and the game has gone past us
As I said in another thread, that falls on Austin.
Also called this result in last week's pre game thread but I was out by 2 goals, I thought it would be a 10 goal loss.

Back to Austin, does he have the balls to trade out a player that will get us a top 10 pick?
I doubt it but we'll see.

Curnow been playing with a bad ankle all year?

And Walsh for many weeks with a back....or something else (a shadow of himself).

Shocking decisions to keep playing them....

Harry also AWOL since that concussion incident...

O. Hollands - has had a terrible season by any standard, even his first year.

But keeps getting picked....

our blokes couldn't hit a target 20m away today - perfect conditions....repeatedly.

Pitto - trade him.

embarrassing.

Hawks didn't do anything special, just applied a bit of pressure and watched us implode...
Agreed
Stuff them and the Dogs when we are actually playing well.

Another one being exposed by the opposition. Tries hard but struggles with tactics and when he now wins it, just doesn’t use it. This is on the coaches.
No need to look at it in depth, Surrey.
Too many players want the easy one, two stat builder.
Walsh is another atm.

As I said in another thread, that falls on Austin.
Also called this result in last week's pre game thread but I was out by 2 goals, I thought it would be a 10 goal loss.

Back to Austin, does he have the balls to trade out a player that will get us a top 10 pick?
I doubt it but we'll see.

This is SOS not Austin.

SOS recruited McGovern, Cuningham, Marchbank, Martin, 100s of contested bulls. No small forwards.

Austin is trying to rebalance and plug holes. My only cross against Austin was not clearing out the injury prone players this year

Rubbish, he was one of our better players for the first 3/4.
Did you just crash the party in the last or something?
He had a few kicks but didn't do a lot of damage with them. People know he rarely kicks on the right so the opposition can set up ahead of him without too much fuss.

Honestly this type of post really annoys me. Makes you feel good being right about not making finals? Pull your head in.
That and the 'go bet on the other team' posts are the worst.

Lemmey lacks presence.

Moir has only just hit his straps and deserves a call up. But, he’d have been smashed in the AFL even four weeks ago.

Lord can play. But offers a tad more than Carroll. He’s a tackle machine though so I would play him.

Binns. Yes. He should have gotten games. At the very minimum to rest Acres some weeks ago.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
They all at least deserve a go! That is my point, if Charlie has been carrying an ankle for the last month then why didn't we rest him around an interstate trip and give Lemmy or move Kemp forward? Good clubs identify this and rest players, we either panic or have such an arrogance .....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He had a few kicks but didn't do a lot of damage with them. People know he rarely kicks on the right so the opposition can set up ahead of him without too much fuss.
He didnt do a lot of damage with them because OP read the play and ran a lot harder than our blokes. Saad tried to make the plays, it's hardly his fault his team mates were out worked.

They all at least deserve a go! That is my point, if Charlie has been carrying an ankle for the last month then why didn't we rest him around an interstate trip and give Lemmy or move Kemp forward? Good clubs identify this and rest players, we either panic or have such an arrogance .....

seems weirdly defeatist to play someone because we think we're no chance without

Mitchell really is a class coach. Brilliant tactical mind. We don’t have that with Voss so they really need to bring a senior assistant or two to cover that issue.
During the last quarter the cameras rolled past our coaches box - I was absolutely shocked at the number of coaches we've got in there. It was a quick shot but I reckon there were at least 15 in there.

Let's have some Vossy bingo for the presser. I nominate the following items of NuSpeak:

Process
Journey
Values
Brand
Moments
Play our way
Identity
Staying present as well.
Glad I didn't bother going to that dumpster fire today.

Going to be a huge off season.

He didnt do a lot of damage with them because OP read the play and ran a lot harder than our blokes. Saad tried to make the plays, it's hardly his fault his team mates were out worked.
Agreed. Never said it was his fault but it certainly wasn't one of his better games.

Someone let me know how inspirational Voss’s presser is.

Cliche generator will be going at a billion RPM.
I stopped watching his pressers a long time ago - halt the time I cant understand what he is saying or trying to say.

I'd hate to be a player listing to his waffle - we play our way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 22 Blues finals hopes sink like a stone

Back