Autopsy 2024 Rd 22 Blues finals hopes sink like a stone

Who played well for the Blues in Round 22 vs the Hawks?

• 2. Lachie Cowan

Votes: 69 43.1%
  • 3. Jesse Motlop

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • 4. Ollie Hollands

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • 6. Zac Williams

• 7. Matthew Kennedy

Votes: 59 36.9%
  • 8. Lachie Fogarty

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 9. Patrick Cripps

Votes: 46 28.8%
  • 10. Harry McKay

Votes: 10 6.3%
  • 11. Mitch McGovern

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • 13. Blake Acres

Votes: 41 25.6%
  • 17. Brodie Kemp

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • 18. Sam Walsh

Votes: 10 6.3%
  • 20. Elijah Hollands

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • 21. Jack Martin (subbed out a quarter time with hamstring injury)

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • 23. Jacob Weitering

Votes: 30 18.8%
  • 24. Nic Newman

Votes: 23 14.4%
  • 27. Marc Pittonet

• 29. George Hewett

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • 30. Charlie Curnow

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • 37. Jordan Boyd

Votes: 34 21.3%
  • 39. Alex Cincotta (subbed on at quarter time with hamstring injury)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 42. Adam Saad

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • 44. Matt Owies

Votes: 4 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We did get all the bingo items crossed off.

Threw Russell under the bus without clearly articulating as such.

Has had a lot of practice the last few years with the same presser, just spin differently.

In summary “we’re not the finished product”.

Would you rather a Hardwick who went hard at the playing group publicly and got no results for it (last night is on the Bombers shitting the bed)

What if he goes public and we lose by 8 goals against the Eagles…..

Call me crazybut I didn’t mind Voss’s presser

Didn’t shit on the players outright but said a few things that raised an eyebrow with me

I think behind closed doors it would be a different story

Cripps looked shattered in his post match interview.

Seemed to me someone who knows he was just reciting the same old lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Baggers - the cracks have now appeared we needed a full list to have any hope - yes injuries are bad but now other clubs just laugh and ridicule us -
Been a member for forty years and this is as low as we have gone - whole club needs a clean out - We have 3 or 4 good players - then we drop away - apart from a few not enough heart , not enough mongrel other clubs love playing us because we fold as soon as it gets tough - we are the joke of the AFL - the coach keeps promising responses - what BS ! havent seen any yet
West Coast and Saints will probably both beat us . Oh the pain. Light years away from winning anything.

Your’e either in with this club or you’re not.

I’ve been rusted on for over 50 years.

Nothings gunna change that.

They’ve given me some of the greatest memories of my life.

Been there, seen it, lived it.

What I can’t stand is gargoyles sitting in the wings, waiting for a loss.

We had a bad day, deal with it.

So, you either stick with us, or piss off.

You won’t be missed.
Well said ole boy...
Couldn't of said it better myself..

I think Ollie hollands is the worst player I’ve personally seen in a Carlton jumper…just my opinion
Ffs He's 19 yo isn't he?
Gives his heart and soul each week. Hasn't been given a rest.
I hope you end up eating your words.

You won’t be missed.
I think this severely misses the point and the one of the larger issues Carlton will start going through.

50 years ? Good for you. What about those under 35 years old? Bad day....? Bad 25 years less 2. What about new fans? Mate works at the zoo. They've started counting Guernsey's during school group tours. Carlton in Victoria is less represented than Adelaide on their scorecard at the moment. Nah but **** em right? Soft kids ain't got no gumption. IE - they've never experienced a successful Carlton so have no memory or basic personal connection. Where's the next layer going to come from of fans?

So why the attitude towards other fans of the same club?

You're not a better fan because you have memories of glory to hold onto. And youre not a bad fan deserving of derision if you don't and want to vent and even reconsider your commitments. Carlton nor any football or sporting club on the land should have your support unearnt or treat it as a right of theirs. Thats toxic nonsense. Usually it's earnt through history, memories, tradition and enjoyment of support - which all usually comes from periods of success or at the least underdog triumphs just often enough (ala the bulldogs).

So actually... Kudos to all the fans smart enough to take a minute and reassess their priorities.

Kudos to all the fans who choose to keep fanning or to step away. Life is too important to waste emotional energy and time on a product that does not have much if any benefit. There's zero reason for a fan under 30 to believe Carlton isn't just now another st Kilda, zero reason.

but still, the arrogance in posts like this is gross accompanied by the lack of thought for fans who've supported a club that has quite literally been the worst club in the comp over their whole lives, they read something like this and immediately think 'oh **** off'. Easy to say when you've got the memories.

Now personally I can't help it. I'll be here. I'm 30. I love the club. I'm getting married end of the year. Kids come next. I'm not ****ing guiding them to Carlton. They can discover the AFL and support whoever they want. Carlton has not earnt me indoctrinating my future kids. Nor has it earnt me the time carved out on weekends in that future either I doubt. Less of a supporter? Maybe.... Again I'm 30 and my family aren't big AFL people. Discovered this sport myself and made my own choice. No family tying me to Carlton and stuck with my choice through school and all the shit after. What for....? They're a steaming pile of.... Still.

Hey Baggers - the cracks have now appeared we needed a full list to have any hope - yes injuries are bad but now other clubs just laugh and ridicule us -
Been a member for forty years and this is as low as we have gone - whole club needs a clean out - We have 3 or 4 good players - then we drop away - apart from a few not enough heart , not enough mongrel other clubs love playing us because we fold as soon as it gets tough - we are the joke of the AFL - the coach keeps promising responses - what BS ! havent seen any yet
West Coast and Saints will probably both beat us . Oh the pain. Light years away from winning anything.
Don’t think youve been a member for 40 years if you think this is the lowest we have ever been😂😂😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this severely misses the point and the one of the larger issues Carlton will start going through.

50 years ? Good for you. What about those under 35 years old? Bad day....? Bad 25 years less 2. What about new fans? Mate works at the zoo. They've started counting Guernsey's during school group tours. Carlton in Victoria is less represented than Adelaide on their scorecard at the moment. Nah but **** em right? Soft kids ain't got no gumption. IE - they've never experienced a successful Carlton so have no memory or basic personal connection. Where's the next layer going to come from of fans?

So why the attitude towards other fans of the same club?

You're not a better fan because you have memories of glory to hold onto. And youre not a bad fan deserving of derision if you don't and want to vent and even reconsider your commitments. Carlton nor any football or sporting club on the land should have your support unearnt or treat it as a right of theirs. Thats toxic nonsense. Usually it's earnt through history, memories, tradition and enjoyment of support - which all usually comes from periods of success or at the least underdog triumphs just often enough (ala the bulldogs).

So actually... Kudos to all the fans smart enough to take a minute and reassess their priorities.

Kudos to all the fans who choose to keep fanning or to step away. Life is too important to waste emotional energy and time on a product that does not have much if any benefit. There's zero reason for a fan under 30 to believe Carlton isn't just now another st Kilda, zero reason.

but still, the arrogance in posts like this is gross accompanied by the lack of thought for fans who've supported a club that has quite literally been the worst club in the comp over their whole lives, they read something like this and immediately think 'oh **** off'. Easy to say when you've got the memories.

Now personally I can't help it. I'll be here. I'm 30. I love the club. I'm getting married end of the year. Kids come next. I'm not ****ing guiding them to Carlton. They can discover the AFL and support whoever they want. Carlton has not earnt me indoctrinating my future kids. Nor has it earnt me the time carved out on weekends in that future either I doubt. Less of a supporter? Maybe.... Again I'm 30 and my family aren't big AFL people. Discovered this sport myself and made my own choice. No family tying me to Carlton and stuck with my choice through school and all the shit after. What for....? They're a steaming pile of.... Still.

Very well said and 100% agree

You won’t be missed.
See you say this from someone who has experienced success, anyone post September ‘95 has experienced nothing. I’ve been a member, I’ve gone to games, I attend training sessions, I buy merch. I too have invested my life into this game/club, but what has the club done for us new gen supporters, bugger all. Rushed rebuilds, throwing everything at Messiah’s, drinking their own bath water and thinking they’ve done the job. Time and time again this club has let us down, and honestly my best memories are three finals in 20+ years of remembering the game. It’s a joke, the club has genuinely ruined the love for the game. In the 3 years that man has been at the helm we have enjoyed 7-9 genuinely good games of footy, the others are the same old one quarter and pray we hold onto the lead, it is shit

It’s insane we don’t have a system out of defence…

It’s either bomb it down the wing and turn it over (we retain the ball 30% of the time) or chip, chip sideways then we’re stuck, because opposition have squeezed us..

Hawks and all good teams run and gun through the middle and hit up the free targets in the forward line…

Yes we were injured, but the way the hawks play and defend shits all over the way we play…

We need assistants that know the modern game and can challenge Voss and his game plan…

Hawthorn are a dynamic creative side with tons of speed. 3 things we are not.
Are they though?

Newcombe ain't quick, Worpel certainly ain't, nor is Day....Sicily is borderline slow (though a very smart player)....

But they certainly don't butcher the ball the way we do....

I thought we were in trouble when Morrison walked that second goal in after Motlop couldn’t be ****ed manning him up 15 metres out from goal.

We might as well shut the season down now and get everyone who needs surgeries done.

A really wasted season unless it has the impact of the club making changes to the playing list and football department, and missing finals makes the players desperate for real success.
Motlop was worse than terrible today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 22 Blues finals hopes sink like a stone

Back