VFL 2024 - Reserves Game Day discussion Rnds 2 - 21 (Merged threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

This is where your VFL guys show where they are real at.

You can see the deficiencies in Maher and Ramshaw. Struggling to hit targets and stick tackles. McMahon, Young and Lewis are decent VFL players and that’s it. Same goes for Philips.

Will White is the only one that looks the goods.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Akuei is a conditional defender with zero impact at the contest. This is unacceptable at any level of football. Don’t like potting, but to have these opportunities and provide this kind of output is extremely disappointing.

Rant over.

Akuei is a conditional defender with zero impact at the contest. This is unacceptable at any level of football. Don’t like potting, but to have these opportunities and provide this kind of output is extremely disappointing.

Rant over.

Is he conditional? I just think he is so far off the pace and it shows. He wouldn’t get a game at any VFL club if he weren’t on an AFL list. I think he’d be a good player in a strong local league.

My question is why didn’t we figure this out at the end of 2023 and make the call. He and Mirkov are just a waste of resources imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Say what you want about Ben Crocker but we are missing a player of his presence up forward.

Is he conditional? I just think he is so far off the pace and it shows. He wouldn’t get a game at any VFL club if he weren’t on an AFL list. I think he’d be a good player in a strong local league.

My question is why didn’t we figure this out at the end of 2023 and make the call. He and Mirkov are just a waste of resources imo.
To my eyes he wasn’t up to it three years ago. Mirkov was on an upward curve before his heart condition, now, not sure he can surpasss that standard in one or two years required. Looking at the Conway fella, night and day.

To my eyes he wasn’t up to it three years ago. Mirkov was on an upward curve before his heart condition, now, not sure he can surpasss that standard in one or two years required. Looking at the Conway fella, night and day.
Agree.

I wonder though if they brought him back from his "conditioning block" early due to number of injuries? That's the best I can come up with...

B/
Agree.

I wonder though if they brought him back from his "conditioning block" early due to number of injuries? That's the best I can come up with...
Likely want a full year assessing Lemmey as a KPP.

19yo HOK needs a chop out in ruck, competing against some very mature, quality rucks. So 30-40% game time makes a bit of sense. Showing how far off he is, gives us some clarity for list management decisions. Not a soft tissue ris, so adjudged right to contribute, albeit in a restricted manner.

Lemmey has been completely outplayed. Will hopefully learn from this.

Dom and Mirkov. They simply aren’t up to it.

Wilson was good early but has faded out of the game. Still our best listed player.

Monahan has been barely sighted.

Moir did some nice things in the centre, but hasn’t had enough opportunities.

HOK soundly beaten by Conway.

So… not great.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back