VFL 2024 - Reserves Game Day discussion Rnds 2 - 21 (Merged threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

He was definitely being nursed through pre season. Club taken long term view especially with issues he had as a junior.

Just needs to keep building and have a big pre season
Think he's still a few big pre seasons away from being a player. Has talent but get the feeling he's going to be very much a boom or bust type.

EDiT: my stats tracker glitched. They didn’t have this many lol
(Lord, Maher and binns had some game:
9 goals and 125+ touches between them)
Actually: 8 goals and 104
Add Hayes in and it’s 11 goals 150 touches from the 4 of them

Does Maher still have burst speed? Reading his draft profile it’s one of his top strengths

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Binns has to get a call up for the sake of selection integrity. Unless Ollie has a massive game today he's gotta come in even if its only for a week.

If he comes in, it shouldn't be just for a week, you give him 2-3 games

Did well today, even though the opposition was poor, but still believe he would struggle at the next level, at the moment

Some of Moir's kicking today was uncharacteristically bad. Kicked 2, but could have had a nice little bag of 4 or 5.
Love his aggression at the ball though....and that side step when he weaved through traffic in the 3rd quarter was a thing of beauty.

Looks lean, healthy, plenty of energy

Looking forward to see him having a full preseason

Some of Moir's kicking today was uncharacteristically bad. Kicked 2, but could have had a nice little bag of 4 or 5.
Love his aggression at the ball though....and that side step when he weaved through traffic in the 3rd quarter was a thing of beauty.

I’m sure the club would have liked to see him develop a touch quicker and be a candidate for a debut this year but nonetheless his last month has been good and is tracking along well as that possible third marking forward we’re craving in the senior team.

I’m sure the club would have liked to see him develop a touch quicker and be a candidate for a debut this year but nonetheless his last month has been good and is tracking along well as that possible third marking forward we’re craving in the senior team.
He's got AFL qualities in spades, but it's good to take a more patient approach with kids like Moir and give them time to develop without getting thrown in the deep end.

Reckon he's one of those that would actually be better at AFL level than VFL, with more quality players around him.

If he comes in, it shouldn't be just for a week, you give him 2-3 games

Did well today, even though the opposition was poor, but still believe he would struggle at the next level, at the moment
I agree that I don't think he's ready either, but I also don't think Ollie is. Binns needs to put about 10kgs on and Ollie another 5. I'd give him a crack after todays masterclass.

To me both players are quality, but will take time to build their bodies to the level required. A big pre season from Elijah has him looking a totally different player to the year before at GCS. Think all 3 have significant upside from their physical development.

He's got AFL qualities in spades, but it's good to take a more patient approach with kids like Moir and give them time to develop without getting thrown in the deep end.

Reckon he's one of those that would actually be better at AFL level than VFL, with more quality players around him.
He's got a lot of AFL qualities but his body is still a long way behind the 8 ball. Excited to see how he goes next year as he builds fitness and strength over the pre season. His issue is the art of getting the ball right now, what he does with it is normally very very good.

There needs to be somebody to replace?

He’s a junior Walsh - it would be unfair for him to be shoved on a flank or wing.
Pretty sure Jaxon played wing all day?

He needs another preseason to build that core strength to help him at the next level.

But in terms of game smarts and productivity, he has AFL talent.

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL 2024 - Reserves Game Day discussion Rnds 2 - 21 (Merged threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back