VFL 2024 - Reserves Game Day discussion Rnds 2 - 21 (Merged threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Massive stats for Binns. As a winger I think the knock could be height and aerial ability. A big part of our game plan is wingers dropping back in defence and impacting in the air. Not going to get that from Binns.

Other sides have smaller wingers. Collingwood have sidebottom. Could Binns be a similar winger to him?

Shame Kemp was not tried on a wing. Mainly for the reasons I mentioned above.

Seems our coaches are fine with picking players who don't do much offensively. Cottrell and O Hollands seeming automatic inclusions really boggles the mind. I kind of get it but you need to be pushing for players who can play the role but also do more.

Collingwood must be rubbish, unfortunately playing weak opposition doesn't help to get selected. But it's good to do what we should have done and belt them.

Good reports from our young group.

It's a shame we aren't developing guys like Binns in other positions. I'd like to see him play half forward. It's not like we are stacked with talent there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think he's still a few big pre seasons away from being a player. Has talent but get the feeling he's going to be very much a boom or bust type.
He certainly has enough AFL attributes to warrant the selection in the draft. With some good leadership at the club and work ethic on his part, we could see some good things long term.

Moir played a great game, though is he as ambidextrous as he thinks he is? He kicked a beautiful left foot set shot from 50, but failed to make the distance on the right from 3 attempts. Covered the ground well, looked quick and was leaping at the footy. Good signs.

Binns plays the role brilliantly, holds his width and doesn't get drawn into the contest. He demands the footy and runs all day. The size concern is valid but so is selection integrity and rewarding form.

Kemp played well though still question whether he's go the balance right between attack and defence.

Good to see this performance, albeit against poor opposition.

The seniors won last night, so it's not like we are going to be looking to reward VFL form every week. More that we are looking at an established point of difference.

Kemp is a chance although Voss seems to want him to do it for a string of games so we shall see. Martin is a huge chance, but does he have to get another game under the belt?

While I have been frustrated with Ollie Hollands and Cottrell recently, Cotts was better last night and Hollands does have the instinct to work back defensively and spoil the opposition. It's a system and there has to be trust within that system and trust in each other.

Port are decent opposition, so I'm not sure this is the right time to bring in new players without an injury. Perhaps the West Coast game where the ground will be hard and true, and a running, bouncing game like the one Binns has, might be a good opportunity to rest a midfielder.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL 2024 - Reserves Game Day discussion Rnds 2 - 21 (Merged threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back