VFL 2024 - Reserves Game Day discussion Rnds 2 - 21 (Merged threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

There's a dfa window before the draft
Yeah, I did a search after I posted the question....not easy to find any rules or guidelines around delisted free agency, but I believe you are absolutely correct.

Before today, I was hoping we'd rookie list McMahon....after today, it seems a bit of a no brainer.

We can't keep re-listing them though if the MC has no interest in playing them. Better off helping them finding a club where they have a shot at getting a game.
I would argue that I’d prefer to play McMahon right now in from of Owies and Martin. Yes he’s taller but a third tall forward that can pinch hit in the ruck is the ideal set up allowing McKay to stay forward.

On a side note as Curnow is likely out tomorrow McMahon would play ahead of young easily.

McMahon is not eligible as a delisted free agent for this year. He’ll need to nominate for the draft and will be available to all clubs.
Are you 100% sure on this? Unless the rules have changed over the past few year, this doesn't seem to be the case. Geelong signed Stengle without going through the draft back in 2021.

"Players who have been delisted by their clubs have the freedom to join any rival that offers them a contract during these two periods, avoiding the need to enter the NAB AFL Draft."

Once you're a DFA, you're a free agent for life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moir looks like an entirely different player to 4-5 weeks ago. Just has so much more power in his body.

As a long time doubter of his its great to see him look to be coming good from a couple of rotten years with injury/fitness.
Are we both his mum now? ;)
Always had AFL traits but was coming off injury. Could be a massive point of difference in the forward half.

Are you 100% sure on this? Unless the rules have changed over the past few year, this doesn't seem to be the case. Geelong signed Stengle without going through the draft back in 2021.

"Players who have been delisted by their clubs have the freedom to join any rival that offers them a contract during these two periods, avoiding the need to enter the NAB AFL Draft."

Once you're a DFA, you're a free agent for life.

Only in the year you come out of contract, is my understanding.
Stengle was delisted by Adelaide in early 2021 and listed by Geelong before the draft later that year.

Just hope he's more Witts and less Warnock.

We should probably trade Pittonet anyway as O'Keeffe is good to go when fit. Can even play KPF when we're down one.

At this stage, Mirkov is still #3 in that scenario, but if we consider the flexibility of TDK & O'Keeffe that works for our list.

I agree with Jimmie re: Pittonet.
Absolutely should cash him in. I reckon O'Keeffe and Mirkov (now that we can keep on rookie list) is all we need. Still have Young and Lemmy for break glass.

That's a real concern
With another two rucks on the list, and McKay and JSOS to consider, not sure it is.

Sadly I think the time to cash in was last year. Recent performances would be killing his trade value.
Will come down to the state of his lower legs, for sure. 2 years on a cheap contract shouldn't scare anyone.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL 2024 - Reserves Game Day discussion Rnds 2 - 21 (Merged threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back