2024 Retro Round

Remove this Banner Ad

What's this Footscray Football Club business?

I like the sound of and could get used to it.

Should never have changed, name change has not worked at all but concerned now for the generation and a half that has not known anything other than Western

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Should never have changed, name change has not worked at all but concerned now for the generation and a half that has not known anything other than Western

Though I have argued the opposite, don't think changing the name for this week is a great idea. Opens old wounds, there are many who want the name reverted but believe it is too late now

Though I have argued the opposite, don't think changing the name for this week is a great idea. Opens old wounds, there are many who want the name reverted but believe it is too late now

What about if we called ourselves West Footscray? 😀
(Full disclosure: I spent my formative years from birth in West Footscray! 🙂)

What players from the 1954 premiership team are still alive
As best as I can find:

Jim Gallagher
Doug Reynolds
Don Ross
Angus Abbey

I don't have a lot of strong sources for this, mainly the Western Bulldogs website, then cross referencing with Wikipedia.

As best as I can find:

Jim Gallagher
Doug Reynolds
Don Ross
Angus Abbey

I don't have a lot of strong sources for this, mainly the Western Bulldogs website, then cross referencing with Wikipedia.

Thanks, I had heard there were 4, so you must be right

View attachment 2064271
Nah, West Footscray already exist in the Western Football Netball League.
Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually like the idea of calling ourselves Footscray for retro round. We are still the club from Footscray but call ourselves the Western Bulldogs. It's a nice gesture to the soul and history of our club and the celebration of 1954 premiership. I think it's great.
However, next year they better get serious and call us west footscray and reopen white city train station for christ sake.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Retro Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Back