2024 Rolling ALL-Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

He is not a question, he is in. BOG in the whole competition first 15 games.

First 15?

That's a bit much mate, he was amazing early but tapered off big time around the midway point of the season.
He had a good game tonight but has been average or poor for the last roughly 6 weeks (outside maybe the 2 goal game he had)
Champion Data had him ranked as top player in the League early but last 7 weeks was in 150ish range.

Might get in off early form. Plenty more mids more consistent all season eg Neale, Bont, Cripps, Daicos

First 15?

That's a bit much mate, he was amazing early but tapered off nig time around the midway point of the season.
He had a good game tonight but has been poor for the last 6/7 weeks.
Champion Data had him ranked as top player in the League early but last 7 weeks was in 150ish range.

Might get in off early form.
He's done enough. The difference between him and the next in line is big enough that his mid season lull can easily be ignored. He's shown that he can maintain his peak. Why would you chose someone with a peak output of 75 over 20 games when you can have a peak output of 100 over 15 games. Heeney is in, 100% no question.

He's done enough. The difference between him and the next in line is big enough that his mid season lull can easily be ignored. He's shown that he can maintain his peak. Why would you chose someone with a peak output of 75 over 20 games when you can have a peak output of 100 over 15 games. Heeney is in, 100% no question.

Yeah that was my point, he's done enough to get in.
But in no way has he been "not questionable"
He will make it on that form but....

Midfield is the strongest spot in the entire AA side.
He's competing with Neale, Bont, Cripps, Daicos, Warner, Gulden, Serong, Merrett, Anderson for how many spots?
Right now he would be on my interchange bench.

Yeah that was my point, he's done enough to get in.
But in no way has he been "not questionable"
He will make it on that form but....

Midfield is the strongest spot in the entire AA side.
He's competing with Neale, Bont, Cripps, Daicos, Warner, Gulden, Serong, Merrett, Anderson for how many spots?
Right now he would be on my interchange bench.
If I'm picking the best team how could I justify not picking Heeney. At some point you have to consider peak output. Like I said, why choose a player who consistently puts up 22 games at 75 peak output if that's all they can ever give you. You'd rather have a player who could give you 15 games at 100. In a grand final you'd take Heeney every day of the week.

You need to see the bigger picture.

If I'm picking the best team how could I justify not picking Heeney. At some point you have to consider peak output. Like I said, why choose a player who consistently puts up 22 games at 75 peak output if that's all they can ever give you. You'd rather have a player who could give you 15 games at 100. In a grand final you'd take Heeney every day of the week.

You need to see the bigger picture.
I named him on the bench, how is that not seeing big picture? He's in the team LOL

AA is not about Finals, its about a full regular season. Not patches of it.

Tell me right now you'd place in him the starting AA midfield over NEALE/BONT/DAICOS/CRIPPS

Right now, please oh please

I named him on the bench, how is that not seeing big picture? He's in the team LOL

Tell me right now you'd place in him the starting AA midfield over NEALE/BONT/DAICOS/CRIPPS

Right now, please oh please
IIRC Neale and Bont are the first two choices in the team but I'm not arguing that am I.

We've got 5 mids, possibly one can slot on half back, Heeney could go on a HF, and 3 on the bench so we could technically have 10 mids selected.

IIRC Neale and Bont are the first two choices in the team but I'm not arguing that am I.

We've got 5 mids, possibly one can slot on half back, Heeney could go on a HF, and 3 on the bench so we could technically have 10 mids selected.

Ahhh playing mids in forward or backline spots.

"I see you know your judo All Australian history well!"

jkjpg.jpg

First 15?

That's a bit much mate, he was amazing early but tapered off big time around the midway point of the season.
He had a good game tonight but has been average or poor for the last roughly 6 weeks (outside maybe the 2 goal game he had)

Might get in off early form. Plenty more mids more consistent all season eg Neale, Bont, Cripps, Daicos
First 15 rounds yes.

They started losing in rd 17
Rd 15- 29 and 2 goals
Rd 14-26 and 2 goals
Rd13- Bye
Rd-12-23 1 goal 7 tackles 8 clearances
Rd 11- 24 and 3 goals 8 tackles

Coaches votes 4, 5, 9, 8

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been watching the game Sheezel has 11 disposals but has had minimal impact on the game. Not sure what people are seeing in him.

This is what I'm talking about with impact on games.

Been watching the game Sheezel has 11 disposals but has had minimal impact on the game. Not sure what people are seeing in him.

This is what I'm talking about with impact on games.

Absolute dross.

At half-time he has 20 touches, 4 clearances, and a goal. Despite missing 10 minutes of gametime down in the rooms after he took an ankle knock.

You are delusional if you think he has had "minimal impact on the game".

Absolute dross.

At half-time he has 20 touches, 4 clearances, and a goal. Despite missing 10 minutes of gametime down in the rooms after he took an ankle knock.

You are delusional if you think he has had "minimal impact on the game".
The goal was about the only thing I saw that was sinificantly impacting. He had a lot of disposals that did not advance the game. What did he do with those clearances, and where did they end up?

The goal was about the only thing I saw that was sinificantly impacting. He had a lot of disposals that did not advance the game. What did he do with those clearances, and where did they end up?

He leads all players on the ground (for both teams) for score involvements, you muppet.

If you know nothing about footy, maybe don't comment.

Warming to Xerri as AA ruckman. Has had a dominant 2nd half to the season.
Gawn has the romance factor with a lot of fans. I think Xerri has been the stand out ruck this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Rolling ALL-Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back