2024 Rolling ALL-Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a prisoner of the moment comment but I don't care, only a horror injury run has stopped McGovern being a 9 time consecutive all australian. Never seen a defender like him
100%. One of the best

McGovern should be in there - I realise he’s missed a handful of games but the guy has been seriously good all season in a backline that has been hammered at the best of times.

There is nobody better at what he does.

I’ll just pop this up again. Best on for the Eagles again today.

If he plays the last 2 games he’ll have played 20/23.

It would be due recognition for a stellar season from a genuine champ.

Been watching the game Sheezel has 11 disposals but has had minimal impact on the game. Not sure what people are seeing in him.

This is what I'm talking about with impact on games.
Against Geelong he was involved in 14 of the 16 scores without him North would barely have put on a score

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The goal was about the only thing I saw that was sinificantly impacting. He had a lot of disposals that did not advance the game. What did he do with those clearances, and where did they end up?
I genuinely can not fathom how anyone can watch Sheezel and question his impact.

This is a prisoner of the moment comment but I don't care, only a horror injury run has stopped McGovern being a 9 time consecutive all australian. Never seen a defender like him.

Oh and Xerri should be the ruckman he is an absolute beast this year.

Best defender of the modern era for mine.

I rate him ahead of Scarlett and Rance.

Better even considering he does it looking like he’s walked out of suburban football.

He's a beast. Gawn a much better player in general but Xerri is on a tear right now that deserves a jacket.

Depends how you define “better”.

Gawn is undoubtably more skilled, but Xerri’s rate of improvement even in contested marking is nuts and it’s basically his first full season at AFL level.

I think he’s the most physical ruckman since Sandilands, he’d absolutely rag doll prime Mumford currently.

Even Max himself acknowledged after our game against Melbourne (even before all the media recognition) it was one of his toughest games/opponents in years.

Depends how you define “better”.

Gawn is undoubtably more skilled, but Xerri’s rate of improvement even in contested marking is nuts and it’s basically his first full season at AFL level.

I think he’s the most physical ruckman since Sandilands, he’d absolutely rag doll prime Mumford currently.

Even Max himself acknowledged after our game against Melbourne (even before all the media recognition) it was one of his toughest games/opponents in years.
Gawns arguably the best ruck of all time. That's how I define "better"

But Gawn is in the back end of his career and Xerri is just hitting his prime, I'd still pick Gawn if I was picking them for one game I had to win, but I think Xerri has had a better overall season in 2024. Deserving AA.

Gawns arguably the best ruck of all time. That's how I define "better"

But Gawn is in the back end of his career and Xerri is just hitting his prime, I'd still pick Gawn if I was picking them for one game I had to win, but I think Xerri has had a better overall season in 2024. Deserving AA.

Of course you would, and I was just talking about this season obviously.

It’s worth noting this is Gawns best year in about 5 years according to ratings and CD.

Gawn has 50 coaches votes to Xerri's 28.

Gawn averages more disposals, nearly double the marks, double the contested marks, more goals, more hitouts, more hitouts to advantage and more score involvements.

The season isn't the last few rounds, it's the entire season.

I'll be amazed if Gawn isn't the starting ruck in the AA team.

Gawn has 50 coaches votes to Xerri's 28.

Gawn averages more disposals, nearly double the marks, double the contested marks, more goals, more hitouts, more hitouts to advantage and more score involvements.

The season isn't the last few rounds, it's the entire season.

I'll be amazed if Gawn isn't the starting ruck in the AA team.
Probably get some more votes from this game too

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Rolling ALL-Australian Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back