Trades 2024 Round 16 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

At this stage ....these are my trades

I gave up the idea of the M9 Premo in Rozee ....maybe an opportunity to bring back McKercher as that M9 / D7 , if he can stay out of the side another 2 weeks

1719260756372.png

I’m surprised I only managed a finished team with 4 trades left. I haven’t had as many injuries or suspensions as past years but I still barely got it done. I guess the damage was done sideways trading premiums for no reason

Young -> Ryan ✅
Grundy -> Xerri❌ (it was fine for the 100k)
Xerri -> English ❌
Whitfield -> Serong ❌ why did I pay 660k the week before his bye???
Wines -> Steele ❌
Steele -> Ridley ❓
Oliver -> Day ❓ (should have been Gulden)

My issue all year has been trying to chase the best players available regardless of price. Traded in English before Serong when Serong was by far the number 1 mid, top price for Zorko, Merrett etc.

The only time I went value was Oliver and that blew up in my face 😂

I’m surprised I only managed a finished team with 4 trades left. I haven’t had as many injuries or suspensions as past years but I still barely got it done. I guess the damage was done sideways trading premiums for no reason

Young -> Ryan ✅
Grundy -> Xerri❌ (it was fine for the 100k)
Xerri -> English ❌
Whitfield -> Serong ❌ why did I pay 660k the week before his bye???
Wines -> Steele ❌
Steele -> Ridley ❓
Oliver -> Day ❓ (should have been Gulden)

My issue all year has been trying to chase the best players available regardless of price. Traded in English before Serong when Serong was by far the number 1 mid, top price for Zorko, Merrett etc.

The only time I went value was Oliver and that blew up in my face 😂
Given your overall ranking, you had to keep trading aggressively - these trades are just an unfortunate by product of that push for better scores

Given your overall ranking, you had to keep trading aggressively - these trades are just an unfortunate by product of that push for better scores
Definitely, but too often I go back to old mistakes. I’ve always loved Noah Anderson, so last year after he went something like 150,190 I had to get him, I didn’t care that I was paying 600k. He didn’t score above 131 for the rest of the season.

This year it was Will Day. I still think he will be a fine pick but I know better than to trade for a player the week before his bye. Even though I preferred Day to Gulden and preferred the pod aspect to him, it made no sense doing it. Gulden scored 120 points more than Clark who was my 18th scorer this week. Need to think with my brain more instead of ignoring logic to have my favourite players in my team

Definitely, but too often I go back to old mistakes. I’ve always loved Noah Anderson, so last year after he went something like 150,190 I had to get him, I didn’t care that I was paying 600k. He didn’t score above 131 for the rest of the season.

This year it was Will Day. I still think he will be a fine pick but I know better than to trade for a player the week before his bye. Even though I preferred Day to Gulden and preferred the pod aspect to him, it made no sense doing it. Gulden scored 120 points more than Clark who was my 18th scorer this week. Need to think with my brain more instead of ignoring logic to have my favourite players in my team
Day's run home is favourable, it won't be the worst pick ever.

Day's run home is favourable, it won't be the worst pick ever.
I don’t think so either but being at the Richmond game I didn’t realise how strange his role is. He would often sit as the last player behind play, basically full back. But he never really got involved in the chip play back there either. Hopefully he sticks to being a midfielder from now on

I can go Piggy to Rozee and Green to Curnow as a straight swap.
Then a def/fwd up/down next week to finish my side.
Will only leave four trades for the run home though.
Is the Green/Curnow trade too sideways?
I'm doing the exact same two trades. Not sideways - Greene looks like a 75-80 average, Curnow should go 95+ with his draw. Not to mention Punchy will almost certainly miss a game at some point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can't at this point.

Anyone trading at the max will have 1 trade left after this week.
I'm down to 1 but I could of sworn I held back one week.

Obviously not. Had COVID too many times, brain doesn't work now. Thanks mate

WaynesWorld19 Doe this mean I get a trade maniac badge now?? 😆

I feel like a billionaire with my 3 trades now.

Donald Duck Money GIF

Question.

Do I trade Oliver > Dunkley this week kenties or do I not trade and get 1 of Schomaker or Evans in next week for Hore as D7 cover?

View attachment 2029789
Go Dunkley. Fisher via dpp can cover your Def. Go hard at this time of year as all teams will be at full premo and every point on field counts.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Go Dunkley. Fisher via dpp can cover your Def. Go hard at this time of year as all teams will be at full premo and every point on field counts.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Yrah I think I'm leaning that way mate.

Humphries should play soon too which can give me some defensive cover.

You’re certainly in the running for the Tradeaholic Badge, in honour of the great inventor an serial tradeaholic Judd_Magic

Sadly though that last trade is an impediment

Remove this Banner Ad

Trades 2024 Round 16 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back