Game Day 2024 Round 22 Swans v. Collingwood 9th August 7:40 PM @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch Warner

He is trying to get the ball going forward

Even if he gets under pressure
Much better quarter from him.

Noticing that the Pies are closing down space quite quickly, especially around the corridor.

Trying to find a free man in the middle, which is probably the only way to get through

Really scrappy out there. Players showing much better effort which is good, our footy smarts and rush disposal is really letting us down though.

luke hodge spot on. teams have just clogged the midfield and we simply cant run the ball through the midfield which means that our kicking to tall forwards became the big issue
I was interesting, Hodge interviewed Horse before the match and asked him what we needed to do to change our performances. Horse responded with his usual response "we just need to bring more pressure".

Hodge looked at him like, "that's your answer?"

Just grind a win.

Just get Blakey into the forward goalsquare. Keep someone accountable. Can't hurt us too much and might get some confidence back with a goal or two.

There's only so much shuffling you can do with Mills, Warner, Florent. So IDK.

Give Mills 10mins in the middle in the 2nd half then bring on Cleary.

I was interesting, Hodge interviewed Horse before the match and asked him what we needed to do to change our performances. Horse responded with his usual response "we just need to bring more pressure".

Hodge looked at him like, "that's your answer?"
Hodge is probably like "No wonder we flogged you in 2014"

McDonald actually wasn’t bad that quarter.

Blakey’s not half the player he was two months ago. That last possession, old Blakey would’ve gone for goal. New Blakey tried a nothing kick to struggling Gulden and the ball dribbled out.

Not a terrible quarter, all things considered. We reeled them in at the start, then just about hung on. At least the defence held firm, more or less.

They have to be taking the piss having Fox as a forward right? I would love for them to provide a proper explanation for that one.
I stand by this.
Swap him and Logan. At least Logan has forward craft.
I take this back. Thought Logan was actually really solid in defence that quarter.

This is a pretty ordinary game.

The less said about Warner and Blakey the better. Florent up there with badness.

Really impressed by Amartey, who seems to be roaming up the field. Strangely (but in a good way) he's been really good at the contest.

Roberts been good. Heeney looks better tonight but still not to the earlier standard. McDonald was better in defence, as was the whole unit. We still look shakey once the ball hits the ground but at least they haven't scored on every bloody F50 entry. Parker at FF has been a good move and LP is making a good fist of it.

But there's still so much improvement. Based on talent, we should be pumping the Pies. If Chad and Errol can even partly get going, we could win this.

sorry to Rowie, he's been great.

Were looking like kids in a candy shop that have ADHD. We get the ball moving fast in transition but are looking very rushed, need to settle. Right in this game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roberts been good.
He's generally been one huge positive the last few weeks. I think he'll he one of our most important players before too long.

Based on the first half, the below are tracking towards the following disposal numbers.

Lloyd - 14
Fox - 6 (remember his 2022 GF...)
Florent - 8
Jordan - 6
Gulden - 12
Rampe - 6
Mills - 12
Campbell - 14
Cunningham - 14

Thats a lot of rebounders / link players / ball movers doing f all. Roberts seems to be taking all of Lloyd's previous possessions and is starting to consistently rack up 20-39.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Reads the flight of the ball really well back there and uses it well too. I like it
I still think he ends up back in the forward line once Melican is back but if he spends a few weeks clunking marks and winning/drawing contests down back it can only be a good thing for his confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back