Trades 2024 Round 8 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

ok you splendid kenties need some help.

Option 1
Campbell > Sweet
D'Ambrosio > Rogers
Powell > Green

Sweet at r3 to let Meek get another price rise, Livingstone moves to F8 and lets me loop Wilson/Garcia
cash left $129.5k means Meek is an easy upgrade to fallen mid premo next week

Option 2
D'Ambrosio > Sweet
Meek > Green
Powell > McKay (or Rankine/Macrae)

double upgrade of sorts although McKay r14 bye is not great for me as I would have 8 premos
cash left $17.6k

open to other ideas - here is my team before trades

1714340601474.png

Am I foolish for looking at McKercher again? Can Fisher be dropped?
There’s a few keen on doing that but I’m not one of them. There seems to be a plethora of 123-160k rookies available over the next fortnight so it seems like an unnecessary risk.

I suppose it is team dependant because my defence and mid spots are relatively settled, add in the fact that North have the early bye

Option 1
Campbell > Sweet
D'Ambrosio > Rogers
Powell > Green

Sweet at r3 to let Meek get another price rise, Livingstone moves to F8 and lets me loop Wilson/Garcia

Option 2
D'Ambrosio > Sweet
Meek > Green

double upgrade of sorts although McKay r14 bye is not great for me as I would have 8 premos
cash left $17.6k

View attachment 1974215
I’d at the very least trade in Sweet at R3, hold meek Thursday night and see what Sweet scores before deciding on Meek

Just on Rogers .....just a word of caution:

Suns coach Damien Hardwick praised second-gamer Jake Rogers who scored 69/98. He said: “He was really exciting. He’s very clean with the ball in hand. His ability to find a target inside 50 is probably something we’ve lacked a little bit. He’s only going to get better as he gets fitter. His fitness level is not where it needs to be, but he’ll work his way through that and get better as the season goes.”

Just on Rogers .....just a word of caution:

Suns coach Damien Hardwick praised second-gamer Jake Rogers who scored 69/98. He said: “He was really exciting. He’s very clean with the ball in hand. His ability to find a target inside 50 is probably something we’ve lacked a little bit. He’s only going to get better as he gets fitter. His fitness level is not where it needs to be, but he’ll work his way through that and get better as the season goes.”

I hope Dimma does rest him for a couple of weeks at least until I'm ready for another downgrade.

Same… the money saved going Garcia over him allows me to get my preferred upgrades
Libba will be back this week. So there is a risk R.Garcia could end up sub or dropped knowing Bevo. Although Weightman will be out for a while...?

Meek to Sweet
Williams to Sicily
Sharp to Dawson

Next week I should be able to go T Berry to Petracca and Massimo to Stewart.

1714342732857.png

Libba will be back this week. So there is a risk R.Garcia could end up sub or dropped knowing Bevo. Although Weightman will be out for a while...?
I’ll have to suck it up and get Rogers, but I can see Garcia being one that slips away if he takes Weightmans spot

Fricken Powell getting hurt by Clarko's Wilson Phillips obsession. Really tempted to go sideways to Fyfe, but is there a glimmer of hope that Powell might go back to mids?

:musicnotes: I know that there is pain
but you hold Powell for one more game
and you break free from the chains
Yeah, I know that there is pain
but do you hold Powell for one more game
and you break free, break from the chains
Someday Al Clarko's gonna turn around and say goodbye
'til then baby are you gonna let him hold you down and make you cry
Don't you know,
don't you know, Clarko will change, things will go your way
If you hold Powell for one more game, things will go your way.:musicnotes:

Fricken Powell getting hurt by Clarko's Wilson Phillips obsession. Really tempted to go sideways to Fyfe, but is there a glimmer of hope that Powell might go back to mids?

:musicnotes: I know that there is pain
but you hold Powell for one more game
and you break free from the chains
Yeah, I know that there is pain
but do you hold Powell for one more game
and you break free, break from the chains
Someday Al Clarko's gonna turn around and say goodbye
'til then baby are you gonna let him hold you down and make you cry
Don't you know,
don't you know, Clarko will change, things will go your way
If you hold Powell for one more game, things will go your way.:musicnotes:
FWIW I'm holding Powell hoping for a return to decent scoring 80s

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1973934

Fixes cash gen issues and gives me $549k for a triple upgrade next week.
The more I think about this scenario the more I like it.

Next week I’ll have roughly $1.65 mil to spend on a triple upgrade which will finish my mids/backs.

Still 50/50 on Grundy V Meek at R2 though.

You’d want to be very sure Garcia has good js and not a sub risk before triple downgrading

Falling behind 1 premium and using a boost can cost a lot
It’s either roll with Rarcia or go early on Dr Jones.

However, I’m not a fan of getting rooks until they’re named in the ground for their 3rd game.

Doing those trades this week allows me to get, Trac, Stewart, and another $550kish player next week.

Option 1
Campbell > Sweet
D'Ambrosio > Rogers
Powell > Green

Option 2
D'Ambrosio > Sweet
Meek > Green

cash left $17.6k

View attachment 1974215
I like option 1.

Where have all the Meek haters gone?

Confused High Quality GIF

But of a fussy moving parts one, as it's really a trade that spans a couple of weeks, but which 3 would y'all have out of:

Bont
Serong
English
Petracca

I'll get one of the first three this week, and then either Petracca or another of the first 3 the week after.

The risk averse part of my brain says Bont and Petracca, as they are studs.

However on exposed form Serong seems a little better than Bont ATM. Also, I'm not convinced Bont isn't carrying a little something, as he's looked a little off the last 2-3 weeks.

Also although Trac is super cheap, if I get him I can't get Stewart to finish off my backline as I'd have too many Rd 14 bye players.

So my gut is saying Serong this week, English next, Stew the week after.

Thoughts?

Conundrums

Remove this Banner Ad

Back