VFL 2024 Sandringham Zebras

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey it was a question that I thought someone with your intimate knowledge could answer .... or maybe someone else could answer ... cause there seems to be a lot of posters on here that have all the answers
Running patterns for a forward are very different to running patterns for a winger. A winger needs to cover the entire length of the ground. A CHF only needs to cover the front half and maybe a bit more depending on how the team sets up.

A key forward is always leading at the ball carrier running away from goal which makes it a lot easier. A winger needs to run both ways

Running patterns for a forward are very different to running patterns for a winger. A winger needs to cover the entire length of the ground. A CHF only needs to cover the front half and maybe a bit more depending on how the team sets up.

A key forward is always leading at the ball carrier running away from goal which makes it a lot easier. A winger needs to run both ways
Kid is pretty athletic by all accounts .... and 26 possessions is a huge amount for a CHF ... if that's where he played on Saturday?

Reckon is worth another year given all the injuries issues he has had to work through

Kid is pretty athletic by all accounts .... and 26 possessions is a huge amount for a CHF ... if that's where he played on Saturday?

Reckon is worth another year given all the injuries issues he has had to work through
Correct, that's where he played on Saturday

But athleticism doesn't make you a good footballer, especially when you don't have football craft or IQ. He is a top 5 runner at the club and has been for 2 years now. He had no opponent in the 2nd half yesterday

Ultimately what we need to weigh up is who do we delist instead if we keep Allison. Would you rather delist Hotton or Van Es over him?

If we get 5 and 6, I think there’s a very good chance they split 6.
If the draft is as even as they say, why not maximise our picks?
Of course we’ll need a buyer.
I think they'll manufacture some draft points and try to sneek another 2ndRDP or roll it all into a late 1st. If we want our NGA/FS kids they'll have to leave a spot or two on the main list into the 3rd and 4th rounds but Hoffman and Elwood will probably slip through.
Same gameplan as last year but there's a bit less to work with unless they split that 1st which l have trouble seeing tbh.

But athleticism doesn't make you a good footballer, especially when you don't have football craft or IQ. He is a top 5 runner at the club and has been for 2 years now. He had no opponent in the 2nd half yesterday

Ultimately what we need to weigh up is who do we delist instead if we keep Allison. Would you rather delist Hotton or Van Es over him?
Ross Crouch Paton & Bonner ..... I would look at first

Yeah but you're not delisting a young mid/fwd or a key defender to find a spot for Allison.

The equation is straight fwd. If Membrey stays Allison definitely goes. If Membrey decides to leave then maybe he gets offered a 1 year rookie spot.

Add Hayes to that. Love him, but he just can't stay fit. We may get a p60 for him and Pato but other clubs will know we'll delist them so probs not in the end. Also Hotton in trouble since we'll probably be behind our 1stRDPs.

Hotton was probably better than Smith or O'Sullivan last weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah but you're not delisting a young mid/fwd or a key defender to find a spot for Allison.

The equation is straight fwd. If Membrey stays Allison definitely goes. If Membrey decides to leave then maybe he gets offered a 1 year rookie spot.
It's definitely possible. The difference is who we draft with our second rounder. If Membrey stays then we'll probably take another mid. If he goes, then we'll take a tall. Allison goes either way

The Allison discussion is similiar to past chats re Bytel, Adams, Dunstan etc etc at the end of the day the club will make the call and what we think will mean zip! Personally I dont believe he will make it as a key tall and is very borderline as a flanker, who we have numerous in front of him. Hence I would delist and go to the draft to find a genuine key position player.

I had quite a spell down watching Sandy play over the last couple of seasons- you can hope really really hard that some players make it, but in the end you need to face reality.
I remember people saying similar stuff about Marshall

Hey it was a question that I thought someone with your intimate knowledge could answer .... or maybe someone else could answer ... cause there seems to be a lot of posters on here that have all the answers

The fella seems to have taken a big step up this year ... having decent games with decent stats

Everyone is losing their minds over Garcia yet here is a guy who has great height and athleticism who has had plenty of injury issues but is now starting to show something ... show that he actually has some talent .... yet he is being written off because ... he should have shown more before this?

Allison has been extremely disappointing. He's going to have to make a huge leap to stay on the list with spots tight.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL 2024 Sandringham Zebras

Remove this Banner Ad

Back