Review 2024 SF - win v. Umpires (Hawks)

Remove this Banner Ad

Congrats on the win. Nice to see an ex Geelong lad Ratagolea being an important contributor on a big night. Hope his game is recognised.
What for 8 dropped marks? Blokes useless and Scott did his blood pressure a solid one by getting rid of him. Had one mark at the end of the game that was noteworthy in a game full of short people..

I can't help but feel from Rozee's post match interview that was our grand final. Why was he so surprised they copped heat during the week after a fourth straight deplorable finals performance. Where was the 'we were being criticised and deserved it'?
They are raised this way by Daddy. They will never get it. Imagine thinking you were unfairly targetted for losing a final by 80 lol.

We had more free kicks, probably got more holding the balls in a game ever and the only two contentious frees were the sling tackles. If the shoe was on the other foot we’d want frees for that as well.

The problem was that those goals from dubious frees were the only reason they were even in the contest.

When you've got twitter and bigfooty full of neutrals congratulating you on beating the umpires, it probably wasn't just our bias.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Way to go Port ! 🥳
Burgoyne, Rioli, Bergman, Jones outstanding
DBJ, Ratugolea, BZT, JHF, Sweet, L Evans very good
Wines, Boak, Aliir, Rozee, Butters, Drew, Georgiadis, Sinn were solid contributors
Marshall, Narkle, Mead, F Evans, Lorenz tried hard and did some good things.
So pleased Port were so resilient tonight - absolutely screwed by umpires in every way imaginable - lots of first choice players missing - SPP, Houston, Farrell, Burton, a fit and firing Dixon, Finlayson.
Congrats and respect to Port supporters who stuck by the team and those who respectfully made statements / protests about piss-weak performances - no doubt these rockets put the club on notice and make a difference.
Credit where credit due to the coaches this week - pulled a rabbit out of hat with team selections that worked - tactically we were hanging on by skin of our teeth at times, but things were better.
Couldn't stand Channel 7 commentators - Brian Taylor, Brayshaw, Richo - I don't see what they see - drives you nuts - much better watching with muted sound after 1st quarter!
We need to back it up next week. All in effort again from the 1st bounce. It shouldn't take a disgraceful performance one week for a great performance the next.
Go Port :blueheart:

I can't help but feel from Rozee's post match interview that was our grand final. Why was he so surprised they copped heat during the week after a fourth straight deplorable finals performance. Where was the 'we were being criticised and deserved it'?
In fairness I thought all he was suggesting was that the players deserve a share of the blame.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review 2024 SF - win v. Umpires (Hawks)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back