Review 2024 SF - win v. Umpires (Hawks)

Remove this Banner Ad

What a great finals game, port deserve there win. Congrats!

I thought the umpiring was average for both sides.

Behind the scenes I am sure Ginni’s comments were addressed, too far! Hopefully he will learn from his mistake. That stuff should be between players via text.

Now the pressure is off, which port side will turn up for the Swans game? If it’s tonight’s style of play you will take it right up to the Swans. Enjoy the rest of 2024.
Thank you

Credit to all, including Ken. I didn’t think they could bounce back after last week. Rucci will be be able to mention the game in his Monday Review and not replace it with AFLW.
100%. It is clearly up there with our best couple finals performances in AFL history. Especially given the strain on our list and players fitness across the board.

It was a sublime performance. It's a huge shame the scoreboard didn't reflect our efforts.

The defensive structure all night, the effort and pressure was phenomenal.

Everyone deserves a pat on the back, but you know what. They also need to understand this is what we EXPECT. It's not a 1 week thing. Don't come out and dish up the crap they did last week, ever.

STFU about the comments. Talk about the umps instead. That’s the big story.
Stupid media.
The atrocious and biased umpiring (yet again in favour of Hawthorn in a final) swept under the rug because Hinkley said no plane for you. Incredulous.

Just imagine how how big a tosser you'd need to be to have most of the BigFooty Port board defending Ken Hinkley. Well done Sam Mitchell and James Sicily, that's some kind of achievement.

100%. It is clearly up there with our best couple finals performances in AFL history. Especially given the strain on our list and players fitness across the board.

It was a sublime performance. It's a huge shame the scoreboard didn't reflect our efforts.

The defensive structure all night, the effort and pressure was phenomenal.

Everyone deserves a pat on the back, but you know what. They also need to understand this is what we EXPECT. It's not a 1 week thing. Don't come out and dish up the crap they did last week, ever.
🖤🤍💙

Super talent. Close to our best reader of the game. Always where the balls is & that's no coincidence.

His tackling was extraordinary and his ability to chest mark corkscrewing his body in mid-air to protect the ball is phenomenal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly if you are gonna shoot ya mouth be prepared for it to come back. Maybe Hawthorn should tell him to reel it in abit. Did they not watch how the Rochele thing unfolded..

I feel sorry for Sack Hinkley flag flyers still not being able to enjoy an incredible win.
Oh I hate Hinkley with a passion but loved that win

Mitchell sooked hard. Said "one of our very young players had some very agressive words said to him after the game by a much older man who has been in the game a long time and our captain took offence to that and went to his defence."

Said he hadnt spoken to Hinkley and wont. Was very pissed.

Screams we can dish it but cant take it, to me.
Poor little sooky Hawks

Got them back into game.. changed the momentum.. was disgusting and they should be called out for persistent ducking.. Watson should never get about her freekick.. over celebrating flog
That seoond quarter, I have not been that angry at a game for many many years we worked our ass off to be 3 goals up and are absolutely reamed

So I haven't read anything written on the game day thread or on this thread, been a busy family night. And I thought I would barrack against Port 2nite as I hate Ken with some passion. But our club has existed since 1870 & blow ins will come & go but the mighty Port Adelaide will exist forever. Job well done boys, made me proud tonight.
When the players come out with that much focus and effort, it is hard for anyone not to support them. They deserved it and I wanted it for them.

I must say, I didn't walk away stoked. It was ok, it was a phenomenal performance, despite the fact we nearly still choked, but I just saw the demons of the past. Sicily the new Shuey, etc.

It's so hard to invest in this side when I just have zero trust that we can maintain it for 4 full quarters. But they did, and it was outstanding, so my mind then goes to next week where I just don't believe we can beat Sydney in Sydney in a prelim based on our historical results. Whilst we're doing things the last 7-8 weeks that are defying the trends, but still last week shows how close we are to it all just going wrong again.

Last edited:
But but, he's our moral superior.

jabjab-gif.147377
Thanks for the reminder, I just used this on FB!

The clear out of bounds not paid (and then eventual duck) that got them another one?
Evans being pinged for off the ball contact that led to Bruest goal another unwarranted disgrace.

Impey being paid a free kick despite a perfect spoil a sHOKer also comes to mind.

That was a great response after last week. I was particularly impressed with our young defenders who as a group played with composure for the vast majority of the game.

Burgoyne was just a star at half back. Fantastic response after last week. Probably our best and hopefully a career defining game.

Lachie Jones was great. Won a lot of important contests and managed to nullify multiple contests when he was outnumbered. Should’ve had a goal saving tackle as well if not for a bullshit umpiring decision.

Sinn held up well, particularly coming off limited preparation and being inexperienced I thought he stood up well.

Logan Evans was fantastic again. i love his confidence and already has the composure of a much more experienced player. 22 touches with 570 metres gained (number 1 for the game) was excellent especially considering the absence of Houston/Farrell/Burton.

Bergman again competed well and always competes well.

A group of players all relatively inexperienced, including two who have played less than 15 games, just nullified a very dangerous forward line in a sudden death final. If nothing else that will help with their confidence and development immensely moving forward.

When the players come out with that much focus and effort, it is hard for anyone not to support them. They deserved it and I wanted it for them.

I must say, I didn't walk away stoked. It was ok, it was a phenomenal performance, despite the fact we nearly still choked, but I just saw the demons of the past. Sicily the new Shuey, etc.

It's so hard to invest in this side when I just have zero trust that we can maintain it for 4 full quarters. But they did, and it was outstanding, so my mind then goes to next week where I just don't believe we can beat Sydney in Sydney in a prelim based on our historical results. We're doing things the last 7-8 weeks that are defying the trends, but still last week shows how close we are too it all just going wrong again.
I also think Sydney is too tough with our injuries & our lack of delivering mental toughness consistently
Jordan Lewis shouldn't throw stones from his glass house either.

Dirty c*nt

Was it just me or was the replay of the Sicily goal clearly touched?
Yeah, Boaks hand clearly splits on contact. I just watched it. Would've been fuming if I was at home and saw that not called.

We copped the wrong end of the pineapple tonight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review 2024 SF - win v. Umpires (Hawks)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back