Review 2024 SF - win v. Umpires (Hawks)

Remove this Banner Ad

Port had 25 free kicks on the night with 11 of those in the first quarter. After quarter time the count went 19-14 Hawthorn's way. When was the last time Port had 11 frees in a quarter?

Perhaps it is no coincidence that Hawthorn got back into the game when the free kick stats swung in their favour?
Take out HTB. How many freekicks did we actually receive?

I’ve been reading a news.com report on “AFL world reacts to coach’s ugly act” - that’s the headline. The story is pure hatred towards our coach Ken Hinkley. The underlying theme coming from the article is that he has spoilt our great win by picking on a younger bloke. You could even say that the media will now be calling for the sacking of Kenny. Very strange?
Edit. It will be very interesting to see what Kochie does?

Last edited:
Take out HTB. How many freekicks did we actually receive?
All those holding the ball free kicks that we received in the 1st quarter came from those Hawk players believing all the media love for them. They thought that they were invincible and that our tackles had no hope of sticking. How wrong they were. It was also soooo delicious to see it unfolding

Instead of apologizing, Hinkley should have simply said:

Ginnivan is old enough to support the consequences of his actions. If he has the right to say things, he must stand the ought to hear things. It was a footy matter. Nothing personal.

Life goes on. We have a game to play next week; maybe another after that. We must focus on that now. He is free to deal with other matters. That’s the nature of Finals football.

To all the Hawthorn fans who have come out of the woodwork the last week in SA, who have been in hibernation since their threepeat.

**** you, you glorygrabbing w***ers!

Honestly what is with this "won't somebody think of the children" Maude Flanders esq pearl clutching happening with Ginnivan and Ken.

They're both adults? It's just words.

I don't take issue with what Ken did really at all, Jacks a cocky campaigner and when it doesn't break his way he's gotta get used to copping some flak...or more-so his coach and captain do.

Strange world.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Port had 25 free kicks on the night with 11 of those in the first quarter. After quarter time the count went 19-14 Hawthorn's way. When was the last time Port had 11 frees in a quarter?

Perhaps it is no coincidence that Hawthorn got back into the game when the free kick stats swung in their favour?
Their incompetence completely changed momentum in that second quarter, they could not score a goal or even go inside 50 and then some ridiculous calls in front of goal 70 % of their goals were questionable. One of the worst displays in a cut throat final I have ever seen.

That was a good game. A tough, accountable, team effort by our lads, fought out to the end. I loved Burgoyne's game particularly, but there was solid effort by all players. Even if they're just doing it for Doughnuts, that's fine by me. I have trouble seeing them repeating the effort next week, but I hope like hell they do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't care if Hinkley is the worst coach of all time and I sill want him sacked ... but that moment, in isolation, giving Ginnivan a bit of stick and then facing up to their captain.

****en love it. More of it please

And the hysterics from a few is pathetic. It's a competitive, aggressive, brutal and gladiatorial sport. A few words - provided there is no racism or homophobia that carries actual discriminatory harm - are harmless. Hate to to see some peoples reactions to American sports antics.

I'm obviously no great fan of kern, but the amount of fuss about his interaction with a couple of dawks by clowns like BT, Hodge and Lewis is ridiculous, if the real nasty blokes like Clarkson and Sheedy had been held accountable for their interactions with oppo players they would have both been sent to a Siberian gulag decades ago.

The afl eventually fined Clarkson, but that apparently wasn't until after a number of warnings for his anti social behaviour!

That was a good game. A tough, accountable, team effort by our lads, fought out to the end. I loved Burgoyne's game particularly, but there was solid effort by all players. Even if they're just doing it for Doughnuts, that's fine by me. I have trouble seeing them repeating the effort next week, but I hope like hell they do.
They can repeat it because going into the Geelong game we were the number 1 pressure team in the AFL. As Ttedders said last night the Geelong game was an aberration. We can beat the Swans no doubt it we bring the same sort of pressure.

Honestly what is with this "won't somebody think of the children" Maude Flanders esq pearl clutching happening with Ginnivan and Ken.

They're both adults? It's just words.

I don't take issue with what Ken did really at all, Jacks a cocky campaigner and when it doesn't break his way he's gotta get used to copping some flak...or more-so his coach and captain do.

Strange world.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Of course both Mitchell and Clarko are angels. The Hawks have been flaunting themselves in recent months and in particular Ginnivan. If you are going to play that game then expect a return serve every so often.

Watching the game last night, I thought the clock had suddenly turned back 35 years when the Dear free kick in front of goal happened. I could have sworn it was Dunstall - the slightest touch from an opponent - whistle, charity goal. Then those two supposed' sling tackles ' . I honestly thought I had fell in a time warp and was seeing Buckenara, Pritchard etc etc et al all over again and by the same token, Brereton, Ayres and Dipierdomenico getting away with the same crap, usually off the ball.
Wasn't one of the umpires Stevic as well? The same turd who paid two frees against Port in the last minute of the 2014 PF?

So glad to see the back of these cocky bastards, although I would have liked to meet them on GF day and wipe the floor with them and erase some of the ghosts of 89, 2008, the 88 preseason GF and last round of 87.

TBH - I'd be nervous meeting Port in the big one. As good as our list and game plan is, and Chris Scotts' tactical nous, I can't see the same thing happening again.
Hoping you guys snuff out the other bunch of cocky charity receivers next week though, and would love to see someone lay Papley right out a la Rankine. :)

GXWyAiQaQAAhKTj

I was having Luke Shuey flashbacks when Sicily when was lining up for goals. Hinkley would have been gone if he kicked straight.

He’s had more comebacks from the dead than Lazarus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review 2024 SF - win v. Umpires (Hawks)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back