Review 2024 SF - win v. Umpires (Hawks)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry, I might be having a senior's moment. But this is Dermott Brereton, the same guy who stood on guy's heads, ran through opposition huddles, left a trail of broken bones from his off the ball hits. The Dermott Brereton who had a song Dermie's a Hood named after him?

He's the moral arbiter of football behaviour now? He's offended by some post game banter?
Yep, because now he does a podcast on men’s mental well-being which makes him the AFL’s moral compass.

Yep, because now he does a podcast on men’s mental well-being which makes him the AFL’s moral compass.

After all the concussions he handed out, I guess he would be an expert.

Sorry, I might be having a senior's moment. But this is Dermott Brereton, the same guy who stood on guy's heads, ran through opposition huddles, left a trail of broken bones from his off the ball hits. The Dermott Brereton who had a song Dermie's a Hood named after him?

He's the moral arbiter of football behaviour now? He's offended by some post game banter?
That’s the prick

Hilarious isn't it.

Great win last night guys… beat the Hawks and the umps… tell me, why doesn’t Darcy BJ get more credit ? I thought he was huge..
Fair comment playing fwd but all Australian defender.Does kick goals at key moment's.
Using defensive skill to hold the ball in the fwd line.

Yep. The fairest player of all time, Dermott Brereton has joined the list of former Hawk players who think they have earned the right to lecture others on what is righteous on-field behaviour.

Any chance of anyone apart from Port fans call out the blatant hypocrisy of this BS pile-on? And of the AFL swallowing it all in asking for a 'please explain'.

Someone who deliberately stomped on the face of an opponent in a practice match calling a bunch of words “dreadful”. Spare me!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hilarious isn't it.
When Dermie got taken out at the start of the 1989 GF,Yates from memory.
Derm had his eye on a Geelong midfielder, Hocking,Couch,Bairstow,Bruns.He was a sniper allways catching players of guard.He didn't see the shirtfront coming as he was lining up his own SF.

Big bad bully Ken should have factored in that Ginnivan’s prefrontal cortex has not yet fully developed

Dickhead is as dickhead does. Being 21 doesn't excuse you from your actions. Also, it's not like he's 15 and been knuckled by a grown man, the opposition coach made a smartass comment in retort to his own smartass comments during the week. Precious much?.... Also pretty sure Ginnevan reacted pretty much as you'd want, it was Sicily who took it and ran with it.

Dermie stood on the face of hawk's player Rayden Tallis in what was from memory his first trial game for the swans after he transferred to the Sydney team.

He ran about 30 metres to do it as well, which wasn't a great look!

Yeah, and Ginnivan runned his mouth, and said he would be flying. So Henny did what he did
talk your shit before or during the game, have some balls to talk trash and back it up.
to do it after the game you have won just seems cowardly especially from a senior person in an off-field role, reminds me of a kid yelling abuse then hiding behind his big brother.

that Sicily goal was clearly touched - it was faint but very clear touch from Boak. No comment from anyone, goal called and play on for the hawks fairytale.

They must have replayed that 700 times, guess that's why the last quarter went so long.

But after a couple of views, all the Port players in the centre square ran to defensive positions for a kick in, they could see a clear touch.

Then after around 5 minutes of views it was called a goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review 2024 SF - win v. Umpires (Hawks)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back