Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeh we were stuffing around squabbling with Brisbane over picks. We wanted to trade pick 20, Brisbane wanted 16.

Melbourne saw a opening flew to Brisbane met with Mitch Clark offered him more money, suddenly he wasn't homesick anymore and Melbourne trumped us with pick 12.

After all that we were squabbling over picks for Tom Sherridan or Hayden Crozier 😩
Dees gave up Docherty's pick so we were in the right

Can only blame Clarke, he put out a media release with us saying he doesn't care about the financials and he wants to come home.

Then Dees upped their offer and he changed his mind, Bond at the time said it would have made him our highest paid player

Can't blame us in that one

Dees gave up Docherty's pick so we were in the right

Can only blame Clarke, he put out a media release with us saying he doesn't care about the financials and he wants to come home.

Then Dees upped their offer and he changed his mind, Bond at the time said it would have made him our highest paid player

Can't blame us in that one
We could have given Brisbane what they wanted before Melbourne flew up there and upped their offer is the point.

You know it's been a slow trade week when all we can post about is Mitch Clark, Thailand and rehash Jesse Hogan for the umpteenth time.

Baker to freo is a definite no go as far as I am concerned
He was courted by brayshaw and serong and baker chose west coast
I’ve no doubt the contract included more money and if it was me ( I’m not a charity I’m taking it )
It’s now up to west coast to get it done

I’m very much in the same thinking regards Warner next year.
If west coast offer 1.5 mill that’s where he goes we shouldn’t have that for 1 player
I would be more inclined to go for Pickett at 800/1 mill
As a better option
The baker money is better off on west coast

We have to own a small bit of the blame in that Bond was dicking around trying to lowball Brisbane, but yeah pinning it on Ross is out there. Clark and Young screwed us
Doing some refresh on this but Brisbane wanted pick 16 and 20 when you couldn’t trade futures.
Why are people talking about Mitch Clarke?
He's retired
Someone posted players don’t change their mind after nominating a club and I rebutted with Clarke changing his mind overnight and then it became a discussion of us screwing around/ him changing his mind

I don't think there's anyway Baker gets to Freo, especially if West Coast can get a couple of future picks for Barass. We'll panic about having an inferior draft hand for Warner and tell Baker to $%#^ off.

Tarrant picked Eagles as his preferred destination, but settled for his second in line which was us.

I think we’ll know over the Weekend if Baker has changed his mind or come to his senses that going to the Eagles is a shit idea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We gotta boycott this period next year 😂
They wanna play the hard to get game lets go
I wanna feel young again

For those of you who want Baker ask yourself this, if your slightly above average partner cheated on you would you take them back knowing there is a hottie or two waiting for you this year and maybe next year if you play it cool.
Jim Carrey Flirting GIF

Doing some refresh on this but Brisbane wanted pick 16 and 20 when you couldn’t trade futures.

Someone posted players don’t change their mind after nominating a club and I rebutted with Clarke changing his mind overnight and then it became a discussion of us screwing around/ him changing his mind
Are you sure? I thought they wanted 16 & we wanted to give 20, hence the stand off. Schwabby never lost in trade week so trumped 16 with 12 & doubled his wage.

For those of you who want Baker ask yourself this, if your slightly above average partner cheated on you would you take them back knowing there is a hottie or two waiting for you this year and maybe next year if you play it cool.

It's not WC's problem that Hawks gave away the pick Richmond wanted but if they are emotional about it maybe they'll give Freo SUCH a good deal on both, like paying all of Bolton's salary, that it doesn't cost us Warner and Pickett later.

Are Richmond going for a 1 superdraft rebuild with all the picks they want and a lot of it is just fantasy what they expect. Bolton I get is worth haggling over but it's not Leon Baker and Cyril Rioli, it's Liam Baker and Dan Rioli that they're trading.

It didn't really work for Gold Coast and GWS in their start up lists which were filled with much more top end talent. Pulling players all from one draft and have them all fit together and all mature together, even if they all stay, it'll take at least 4 years and by that time Hopper and Taranto will be in their 30's and not much else other than Balta and Gibcus (if he ever gets over injuries) and a couple of others they've drafted recently. All the players like Vlaustin, Lynch, Nankervis, Prestia, Short will need replacing by then. They're going to have a very young squad for a while.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back