Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

I want Baker because he raises our floor.

But I don't want Baker because I'm super interested to see what dumb shit West Coast do to bring him in
Hey FUS from the past, it's FUS from the future here.

Just wanted to let you know that it's going to be better than you could've possibly imagined. Drink it in big dawg 🤌

Stop criticising me for using points unless you have a much better system. Thx for your suggestion about the fairer points system of 2025. I don't think it makes that much difference to my point.
Richmond traded picks worth 1700 points to Brisbane for pick 20 which is only worth 900 points. Pick 6 is worth 1750 points. The points system is very flawed especially for the top picks. It's better to look at the historical cost of pick 3. Last year for instance the dogs traded pick 10, 17, and their future first for pick 4 and some third round picks.

Don Pyke just said on radio that our offer for Baker and Shai helped show how valued Baker is.
Oh Yeah Smile GIF by BrownSugarApp

I’m worried we are going to do

For
Bolton, 14

Would essentially (from a Richmond perspective) be back to the 10,11,18 for Bolton+Baker that we had on the table. So it is very much a possibility and I'd be fine with it.

The other trade being bandied about is 10+18+30 for Bolton+51. It seems Richmond needs the 30 to trade Rioli+30 for 6+23, so that might be what happens.

But if we had to choose between 14+30 or 11+51, I'd take the former. Good chance Berry and/or Hannaford will be there at 14. And I really want Davis, and 30 is right in the mix.

Don't think we are getting Bolton for just 10+18. There will have to be some compromise somewhere.

Well, he couldn't say "We had to trade pick 3 for him because we didn't want Freo to have him."
Because he's too busy being helped off the hospital floor by Duff.

West coast need a complete clean out because they are still in this delusional mindset where they think they have already reached the bottom and started heading up.

This is a club who thought they were in the mix for finals in 2023. The season they won two games, lost five by over 100 and lost a game by 171 points.

As Ross would say quite brilliant.
In his first interview after being re-hired last week Worsfold said he doesn’t believe in the world rebuild

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In a lot of ways this is now one of the most defining moments of our clubs history: Do we fold to the club the has bent over GC and now West Coast (thereby effectively handing them the desperate and ineffective list management team title) and continue to fail to learn our lesson as a club or do we dig in, put on our big boy pants and hold true to our initial (over) valuation?

They've paid to have Baker and Owies until the Tasmanian draft rain shadow starts to impact.

In 4 years time they could have had this year's draft cohort stepping up Instead they are more likely to be in an extended rebuild.

Would essentially (from a Richmond perspective) be back to the 10,11,18 for Bolton+Baker that we had on the table. So it is very much a possibility and I'd be fine with it.

The other trade being bandied about is 10+18+30 for Bolton+51. It seems Richmond needs the 30 to trade Rioli+30 for 6+23, so that might be what happens.

But if we had to choose between 14+30 or 11+51, I'd take the former. Good chance Berry and/or Hannaford will be there at 14. And I really want Davis, and 30 is right in the mix.

Don't think we are getting Bolton for just 10+18. There will have to be some compromise somewhere.
Compromise? We just put a bow on Baker for them and got pick 14 over the line. Richmond should be chucking a couple of late ones back for 10 & 18 for how we’ve helped them out.

Turns out you were right all along, Owies must be a gun given this trade ;)

haha

In my defense, I float lots of people just to get other peoples opinion on them. Not suggesting we should draft them all.

I jumped off Owies, once I learnt a bit more about his lack of defensive pressure, pace and a left foot.

Isiah Winder makes too much sense to me, as I think if he put up those numbers for Peel we would be calling for him to brought into our side, and every video I have seen of him looks good. I think he will be a steal for who ever gets him, if he commits off field.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back