Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t care it’s a shit deal.
Don’t want little Liam anywhere near the club now

FFS how many “top blokes/good characters , home by 9 ,short back and sides players do you want??

If the rest of the squad can’t get behind the likes of Andy,Caleb, Hayden, JT , Fyfe, JOM ,Walters for driving standards etc then I suggest there’s a major flaw in the coaching/ management set up
Don't fret

NEW BAKER PLANS IN MOTION

WEST Coast is spending the weekend looking at ways to deliver a trade for Liam Baker as it weighs another Hawthorn offer for Tom Barrass.

The Baker and Barrass deals became complicated on Friday when Hawthorn traded its pick 14 to Carlton for future first- and second-round selections.

The pick had been part of Hawthorn's initial offer to the Eagles for Barrass, with the selection then expected to be sent Richmond's way for Baker.

But despite the shock move changing plans, Baker's management and the Eagles are working on a revised deal between West Coast and Richmond to get the dual premiership Tiger to his club of choice.

It is also likely a separation of deals would be undertaken that doesn't rely on West Coast trading out Barrass before moving onto landing Baker.

EBe44c7l.jpg

Liam Baker handballs during the R20 match between Richmond and Collingwood at the MCG on July 28, 2024. Picture: AFL Photos
Fremantle has offered Richmond its three first-round picks – 10, 11 and 18 – for Baker and teammate Shai Bolton and remains waiting for him if a trade can't be sealed at West Coast.

How the Eagles could turn their No.3 pick into multiple selections – AFL.com.au revealed on Friday Carlton's interest in moving up the draft board – could open the door for extra draft capital to on-trade for Baker.

Hawthorn's latest offer for Barrass – a future first- and second-round selection (the Eagles' choice whether they are tied to Hawthorn or Carlton) for Barrass and a future later pick – has been put to the Eagles. – Callum Twomey

Don’t care it’s a shit deal.
Don’t want little Liam anywhere near the club now

FFS how many “top blokes/good characters , home by 9 ,short back and sides players do you want??

If the rest of the squad can’t get behind the likes of Andy,Caleb, Hayden, JT , Fyfe, JOM ,Walters for driving standards etc then I suggest there’s a major flaw in the coaching/ management set up

I don’t think anyone believes we’re getting Baker in to drive standards. We presumably have a role we want him to play maybe replacing Wagner.

Weird melt tbh

I actually don’t mind Baker. What annoys me about Twomey on this subject matter is he keeps pedling crap about us offering 11 for Baker. I don’t remember us ever doing that. My understanding from those rumours were we would be willing to offer 10+11 as part of trade with Baker involved.

18 for Baker is about right
10+11 too high for Bolton

We would definitely want something significant back.

At the end of the day - it is all about putting some pressure on WC to pay a higher price for Baker. He will get to the coasters.

Perhaps Freo are doing Richmond a favour. Maybe it’s too put pressure on WC and then convince them to trade 3> 10+18. I don’t know but Baker wants WC and I’m certain he will get there.

Not a fan of the deal but at the same time I'm coming around to Baker a little again, don't get the people going "He nominated West Coast so if he changes his mind **** him"

That'd be like the Detroit Pistons saying no to Luka Doncic because "Nope, he wanted to go to Charlotte at first, **** him"

Baker would probably go alright for us, would be an upgrade on a few of our Best 23 players.

Not a fan of the deal but at the same time I'm coming around to Baker a little again, don't get the people going "He nominated West Coast so if he changes his mind **** him"

That'd be like the Detroit Pistons saying no to Luka Doncic because "Nope, he wanted to go to Charlotte at first, **** him"

Baker would probably go alright for us, would be an upgrade on a few of our Best 23 players.
It’s cool guys, the freagle says it’ll be fine.

They are 18. Plus 7 years is 25 which is just entering prime age.

Serong will be 30 at this time and will be close to finishing up never mind the other players who are older than him.

Going to the draft now is essentially starting again with a rebuild. Especially because it’ll be your maiden flag I’d go aggressive with trades. Players like Bolton aren’t available every year. Do you want to be wondering if he would’ve made a difference if you pass? That would play on my mind. Risk it for the biscuit imo.

Nank, Prestia and Caddy was the difference in a flag for us in 2017. Bolton is better than each of them.
You and your other Tigers mates need to relax and stop coming in here trying to sell Bolton to us. WE WANT HIM. At a fair price. You payed nowhere near 10 and 11 for Hopper or Taranto. Just because we have those picks doesn't mean we just bend over. 10 and 18 is a great deal. If this situation was reversed and you were trading for him there's no way you'd be happy handing over 10 and 11.

But why?
Why would we give a shit what WC pay for baker? 🤔💁🏻‍♂️
Because it is Richmond they are trading with and a better deal likely has a flow on effect for us. Also keeps them honest and it’s clear we are keen on Baker. So it’s not really a bluff. More of a reminder that we’ll pounce if things don’t work out. Also we don’t like WC let’s be honest.

Nothing to really worry about, from AFL website as I mentioned in the same post he will get to WC:
“Despite the shock moving changing plans, Baker's management and the Eagles are working on a revised deal between West Coast and Richmond to get the dual premiership Tiger to his club of choice.

It is also likely a separation of deals would be undertaken that doesn't rely on West Coast trading out Barrass before moving onto landing Baker.”

Now I'm just sad that Caleb et al will be retired by the time any of these draftees make an impact. Forget that Pendles way 9 years older than Caleb is now when Nick Daicos was drafted. That’s different.

Time to trade em all and start fresh.
I don't know what is more upsetting. This or the fact he won't be any good or hit his prime for another 5 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West Coast and Richmond working to secure trade for Liam Baker as Fremantle put all their chips on the table​

Jake Santa MariaThe West Australian
Sat, 12 October 2024 8:10AM

West Coast is working to repair the damage caused by Hawthorn’s bombshell pick swap with Liam Baker still determined to get to the Eagles despite Fremantle putting up a monster offer.
The Hawks lit up an otherwise benign trade period seemingly blindsiding the Eagles by swapping their No.14 draft pick for a future first and second from Carlton.
Given pick 14 was the starting price point for trading out Tom Barrass and what Richmond was happy to take for Baker it left both deals up in the air.
Though Baker had nominated to go to the Eagles there is now a possibility he could end up cross-town at the Dockers instead with Fremantle reportedly offering all three of their first-round picks (10, 11 and 18) for Baker and Shai Bolton according to AFL.com.au’s Cal Twomey.
It’s a massive offer that would leave Richmond with five first-round draft picks with picks 1, 10, 11, 18 and 20 while they are also expected to get pick No.6 from Gold Coast in a trade for Daniel Rioli.
However, despite the change in plans, Baker’s management is working closely with West Coast to secure a deal that will get him to the Eagles regardless of what happens with Barrass.
There have been reports the Eagles could split their No.3 pick which would allow for greater draft capital to secure Baker with Carlton interested in shopping around it’s 12 and 14 picks.
Despite changing their plans it also appears Hawthorn is still very much interested in securing Barrass given the star defender had already publically committed to a trade.
Twomey reports the Hawks have now offered their future first and second-round selection for Barrass and a late futures pick.
It remains to be seen whether that will be sufficient for the Eagles given they were looking to strengthen their draft hand this year and wanting more than just pick 14.
However, West Coast may be looking towards gathering up a haul of draft picks next year so they can have a serious crack at Chad Warner who is out of contract at Sydney next season with reports he is keen to return home.
On Friday new Eagles coach Andrew McQualter said he was happy to keep Barrass at the club if the right price wasn’t offered for the premiership defender.
“He’s a very good player and he’s still contracted with us,” McQualter told SEN.
“We’ve been on the public record saying if it doesn’t get done we’re rapt to keep him and me, personally, I know how good a player he is. If that falls that way I’m happy still.
“The reality he is he’s a club champion who still has three years to run on a contract. It’s just got to be fair compensation.”

If Eagles are seriously considering Carlton 12 and 14. Richmond would be beyond dumb to not jump in.
Get 10 and 18 off us and do the deal with Eagles for 3.

Would Richmond rather 3 and 18 for Bolton and Baker or 10, 14, 18.

I actually don’t mind Baker. What annoys me about Twomey on this subject matter is he keeps pedling crap about us offering 11 for Baker. I don’t remember us ever doing that. My understanding from those rumours were we would be willing to offer 10+11 as part of trade with Baker involved.

18 for Baker is about right
10+11 too high for Bolton

We would definitely want something significant back.

At the end of the day - it is all about putting some pressure on WC to pay a higher price for Baker. He will get to the coasters.

Perhaps Freo are doing Richmond a favour. Maybe it’s too put pressure on WC and then convince them to trade 3> 10+18. I don’t know but Baker wants WC and I’m certain he will get there.

Pick 20 or 24 coming back in that deal would be ok to my mind, if Richmond are chucking in a bit of salary too.

I hope we have tabled 10, 11 and 18.
Inflating Baker’s value when we know Eagles will deal for him protects us from handing over 10 and 11.

Eagles need Freo for the pick exchanges. If by chance they do the deal with Carlton and hand over 14 for Baker, that in itself would be the funniest trade of all time.

We’re in a great spot now that Hawks have taken 14 away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back