Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

We’re in a great spot now that Hawks have taken 14 away.
I know I'm enjoying myself.
Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

I think the Hawks move is just basic maths.

They offered 14 and a F2 for Barrass and F3.

They showed Eagles the value of 14 by getting a F1 and F2 for it.

Even if they end up giving F1 and F2 with nothing back, they’ve landed an extra F2.

I don’t think anyone believes we’re getting Baker in to drive standards. We presumably have a role we want him to play maybe replacing Wagner.

Weird melt tbh
Oh sweet so he’s a role playing upgrade on role player Wagner,but supposedly costing us an A grade trade price?….

I’m just over this so called narrative that Bolten+baker = 10,11,18, let alone in this draft it’s way overs and if the club was considering that type of deal without something substantial back I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t be the only one in here melting

I love the idea that the Hawks pull out of the Barass deal last minute & WC split 3 for Baker.

They just topped up from 3rd last.
They’ll accept the futures from Hawks, use them to get baker and keep pick 3.

Storm in a teacup. Only way ⬆️ that doesn’t happen is if Eagles reject the Hawks offer or hawks pull out. Then they’ll have to go into their own picks to get Baker.

It was funny at first but I’m getting a bit sick of the media pedalling the same narrative re Baker and Freo that everyone knows is close to zero chance of happening.

As if clubs have never traded away the pick the oppo was after.
They have fooled half of this board. Every second post on here is about Baker coming here.

I wouldn't go offering anything for Baker, unless he fully committed to Freo publicly. Even then I'd have serious reservations. Be looking for some sort of grovel or at least some bended knee display.
His management would definitely have to set up an interview with trade radio or any radio displaying eagerness to join both Eagles and Dockers..

Too late imo. Eagles will find a way. They definitely aren’t winning this trade period though.

They have fooled half of this board. Every second post on here is about Baker coming here.
I'm so tired of coming on here every few hours and seeing someone post a new "source" saying we've offered up our three first when that "source" has actually just repeated our offer from before the trade period and isn't actually anything new.

Pretending like there's no way Baker gets to the Eagles when they still have a multitude of different ways to get him over is so tiresome.

They’ll accept the futures from Hawks, use them to get baker and keep pick 3.

Storm in a teacup. Only way ⬆️ that doesn’t happen is if Eagles reject the Hawks offer or hawks pull out. Then they’ll have to go into their own picks to get Baker.
They said they wanted to seperate the 2 trades. Therefore let’s offer 11 for WC’s F1 & F2. They can use it for Baker with some change coming back.

I death ride WC every week anyway. No sure much would change.

Should offer 10 & 18 for Bolton and say we’re keeping 11 for Baker if a deal can’t be done by Wednesday afternoon with the eagles..

Nek minnit.. wallsy turns his phone off as soon as Shai’s paperwork goes through
In that fantasy we offer 18 for Bolton and 10 & 11 for Baker.

Do 10,11 and 18 for 3, hawks future 1st (eagles feat as part of barrass trade) and 26

Trade 3 for Bolton and 20

Go to draft with 20,26,30
2025 draft = 2 1st rounders

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Iiiiiiif Freo did trade two of our firsts for pick #3, what if instead of sending that straight to Richmond we see if a club like St Kilda want to dump their picks into it?

Or Essendon want to trade their first this year and next for it?
WC should be trying to do 3 for the St Kilda 7 and 8. Then flip 8 for a couple later picks or a later pick for Baker and a F1

what has not been suggested yet is that Baker sign a one year extension at Richmond and then leaves for west coast in 2025 as a free agent.
He would be 8 years at the tigers then.
They would probably get an end of first round pick for him next year based on compensation.
Good idea, but I think Richmond are all in on this draft. They want deals.

If it is true we giving up our 3 picks for Bolton and baker im fine with it. Walls and bell have been really stubborn and great traders in the past few years and don’t seem like the desperate type. There has to be more to it then just giving away 10 11 18 and the only ones that know that are the 2 clubs talking. We can speculate all we want but why waste your energy getting angry at something that hasn’t even happened yet. And even if it does happen just give baker and Bolton a chance because if we win a flag with them it’ll be worth it 100x over

Should offer 10 & 18 for Bolton and say we’re keeping 11 for Baker if a deal can’t be done by Wednesday afternoon with the eagles..

Nek minnit.. wallsy turns his phone off as soon as Shai’s paperwork goes through
Cant repeat it enough Baker is at best B+ Slight upgrade from JOM & Aish

Bring in good quality kids like Allan & Berry and we can win the flag in 2 yrs (thats if we can get Chad next year)

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back