Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Genuinely, at what stage does Richmond start to consider the mental welfare of its player and just accept the deal on the table from Freo? Bolton is a relatively young guy with a young family literally in limbo across the country (pregnant wife, no less) and Richmond are greedily haggling over more picks to add to their already ridiculously strong draft hand. Seems like a seriously morally corrupt organisation.

Seriously? He signed a contract, if they were competing for flags this request doesn't happen. It has nothing to do with his mental health.

Bolton will get to Freo. There is zero incentive to have this done quickly. It's about clicks, engagement and ratings.

I don't see anything wrong with how Richmond are carrying on, I'd want Freo to get the best deal possible instead of folding like a house of cards at perceived media pressure. We should have held on to Neale for his last year for one.

Yes, but how do we get Pickett as well? ;)
Numbers Calculating GIF by netflixlat
friends fail GIF

Belly and Wallsy working on it as we speak.

Seriously? He signed a contract, if they were competing for flags this request doesn't happen. It has nothing to do with his mental health.

Bolton will get to Freo. There is zero incentive to have this done quickly. It's about clicks, engagement and ratings.

I don't see anything wrong with how Richmond are carrying on, I'd want Freo to get the best deal possible instead of folding like a house of cards at perceived media pressure. We should have held on to Neale for his last year for one.
See Lachie Schultz. Cited “family matters” we agree to let him go on a reasonable deal. Richmond are just being greedy. All media pundits have said 10 and 18 is on the money. Not often we get that kind of balanced review.

That’s a good deal for Gold Coast.
They get a first round draft pick in Lombard, Noble, they’ll end up with Rioli and they have 3 firsts for next year now.
They need more points though. After Rioli deal they will only have 39,41,78. Let’s say 78 drops down to 70 by the time the draft night starts.

39,41,70 = 897
Pick 12 with 20% discount = 1015

If our pick 30 was tied into the deal that would provide them with sufficient points and a little surplus so that they end up with a pick at the back end a little earlier.

See Lachie Schultz. Cited “family matters” we agree to let him go on a reasonable deal. Richmond are just being greedy.
I don't think Richmond are being greedy. They have a few irons in the fire, they're negotiating on several fronts regarding a couple of their best players. It will happen, 10 and 18 is basically the deal, they'll want GC to pony up more than what Rioli is worth, that's the hold up.

I don't think Richmond are being greedy. They have a few irons in the fire, they're negotiating on several fronts regarding a couple of their best players. It will happen, 10 and 18 is basically the deal, they'll want GC to pony up more than what Rioli is worth, that's the hold up.

I see

So 10,11,18 for Bolton and 6

CTD said the 10,11,18 offer for Baker was real but with something back.

At the rate shouldn’t we go 10,11,18 for Bolton + 14 (Baker) + whatever else?

I don’t think it gets done with either parties first offer and I can’t see them giving Bolton 14 for 10,11. That doesn’t even get close to a good deal for Richmond
They have 20,23,24

So I’d imagine one of those picks come back. I did think they may need to get 30 somehow to send onto GC.

10,11,18 > Bolton, 14, 23

We then hold 14,23,30,60ish

See Lachie Schultz. Cited “family matters” we agree to let him go on a reasonable deal. Richmond are just being greedy. All media pundits have said 10 and 18 is on the money. Not often we get that kind of balanced review.

Demanding a first and second for a battler type like Schultz isn't being any less greedy than wanting a bounty for an elite talent like Bolton. Only difference is Collingwood paid up. It was done on the Monday and Bolton only has to wait an extra 2 days. No big deal. It's probably already sorted anyway and the AFL needs some big trades held over for some "deadline drama".

Well hopefully he primarily has some ambitions to help us get better too. 🤞

Norwood was the highest scoring team in the SANFL and he had that attacking streak as a caretaker coach too (from memory). Hopefully he can bring some great attacking ideas and strategy into our game plan.
As long as he is not our kicking coach because he was a horrendous kick for goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo is primarily competing with Sydney for his signature, WC won't be the only team offering Warner a huge contract. North and Richmond will throw huge money at him too.
Tbh I’m not fussed on Warner , have a feeling he could upset the apple cart in our well structured midfield
I’m sure I won’t be too upset if he chooses Freo though and they will find a way to accommodate him , but if it’s at a massive cost I’m sure there are other options out there .

I want him to want to be in Purple .

Kozzy on the other hand is a must get , I’ve never been a Sturt fan and don’t see his ceiling being anywhere near Kozzy’s , Pickett would be a massive upgrade to our B22

They need more points though. After Rioli deal they will only have 39,41,78. Let’s say 78 drops down to 70 by the time the draft night starts.

39,41,70 = 897
Pick 12 with 20% discount = 1015

If our pick 30 was tied into the deal that would provide them with sufficient points and a little surplus so that they end up with a pick at the back end a little earlier.

They’re getting more stuff from Richmond for 6 and 23

I think the deal probably ends up being:

Fremantle receive: Shai Bolton and Pick 14

Richmond receive: Picks 10,11 and 18

I'm not a fan but I think we'll fold to this deal.

Really hope that Richmond fold for just 10+18 though.

They have 20,23,24

So I’d imagine one of those picks come back. I did think they may need to get 30 somehow to send onto GC.

10,11,18 > Bolton, 14, 23

We then hold 14,23,30,60ish

People keep posting these trades that are improving our position from just 10+18. Richmond are holding out for a better deal. They aren't going to accept a worse deal.

Trades which they might consider:
10+11+18 for Bolton+14
10+11+30 for Bolton+24
10+18+30 for Bolton+51

There’s some unreal copium in that one, Jury still out on Sheezel and the eagles having enough kids are two highlights
The jury is out of Sheezel... Whether he's in the top five best second year players that is.

Only Richmond has worse youth than West Coast and Richmond are acting like they're very aware of that - that'll change in about six weeks time unless something massively changes.

Is this folding?

Did people really believe that we would get Bolton for our first offer of 10 and 18 (I don’t think we’d have got him for that if our first offer was a bag of chips mind you).

Richmond fans will be pissed they gave up 14.
Freo fans will be pissed about giving up 11.

Generally the sign of a decent deal

I got to say it really is something else reading the west coast board atm. Apparently Warner was one of the players that contacted west coast/simpson as they really wanted to play with Harley Reid and if Sydney won the premiership this year he would have asked for a trade to west coast this year. 🤣🤣🤣 it’s hilarious the delusion over there.
I don’t care what anyone says the way Warner was crying on grand final day no way in hell he is going to that basket case. He wants premierships NOW and west coast are so far from their next one it’s not even funny.

Wasn't Richmond's fault that he signed a multi year deal.
Wasn't our fault either
Welllll....Richmond did offer him the large multi-year deal...and they did that to try to fend off approaches from other teams and make it as hard as possible to not sign that deal. They also would've sold the vision of Richmonds ongoing success (or at the very least not bottoming out). I'd argue they're as culpable as anyone.

Is this folding?

Did people really believe that we would get Bolton for our first offer of 10 and 18 (I don’t think we’d have got him for that if our first offer was a bag of chips mind you).

Richmond fans will be pissed they gave up 14.
Freo fans will be pissed about giving up 11.

Generally the sign of a decent deal
I don't know, ideally I would rather it just be 10+18, I wouldn't hate it compared to other proposed deals though.

I don't think we will want to go with less total picks to get a 14 when we hold 11 already. I think we either get 10, 18 deal done or Shai ain't coming.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back