Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

I said morally corrupt nuffie. Holding a young bloke and his family to ransom over a greedy reach for extra picks when there’s a perfectly reasonable offer on the table is morally corrupt. Tigers should be ashamed as a club.

Nobody is being held to ransom. It's all going exactly as Bolton and his family would/should have expected. Would say the trade is already agreed upon and they just need to wait until Wednesday so the AFL can extend the contrived drama for the biggest trade that will go down this year.

Still not "morraly corrupt" either. All clubs are doing what they need to do to facilitate trades whilst doing what's best for their interests. That is neither corrupt or morally corrupt.
Just let it go mate. It's trade week and you're on another team's board. You shouldn't be sensitive about what's written on here. You should also check out the stuff that written on your own team's board.

There's Bolton's salary to work out but his manager has been in Melb. since Sunday night.

Definitely seems like it's all been delayed for a Wednesday afternoon/evening flurry and maximum media news coverage with no paperwork for agreed to trades allowed to be completed before 2PM AEST, (11AM WST) and ending 7.30PM AEST (4.30PM WST) on the last day.

Some of the trades will break in the sports news bulletins.

Nobody is being held to ransom. It's all going exactly as Bolton and his family would/should have expected. Would say the trade is already agreed upon and they just need to wait until Wednesday so the AFL can extend the contrived drama for the biggest trade that will go down this year.

Well said. A good fair and common sense approach. This "morally corrupt" garbage talk....seriously....

Luke Parker still hasn't gone to North yet.

I thought that would be sorted pretty quickly.

Pretty petty from the Swans if you ask me
Asking for anything more than **** all for a player his age is a serious issue if Sydney have any intention of getting the deal done.

Tbf North set a precedent themselves for trading a pick in the 60s for Darling who's both old and useless so wouldn't you want more for a player that's old but still good?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the sticking point on Bolton is whether its 10 plus pick 11 or pick 18, Would this work?

Bolton & pick 14 for picks 10,11&18.

middle ground for both clubs.

It has been discussed. Some of us (myself included) are happy with that, but many others on here seem to have an issue with dropping from 11 to 14. I think the main worry is about that being on the cusp of when Berry will be taken (perhaps even by Richmond with 11) and many have their hearts set on him.

Well said. A good fair and common sense approach. This "morally corrupt" garbage talk....seriously....
If you don’t like it, jog on nuffie. Your club has held out for more picks while a bloke has his house up for sale. You ever sold a house with a pregnant missus worrying over whether you’ll be in the same state as her and the kids and had your employer pondering what more it can extract from an interested party? Sounds exactly like the kind of corporate greed that equates to being morally corrupt. Just accept the fair deal or yeah jog on campaigner.

jack black fighting GIF by Tenacious D

If the sticking point on Bolton is whether its 10 plus pick 11 or pick 18, Would this work?

Bolton & pick 14 for picks 10,11&18.

middle ground for both clubs.
That isn’t middle ground we will be looking for. I can see 11>14 but the cost for that compromise will also be 18>23/24.

10,11,18>Bolton,14,24

At the very worst

10,11,18>Bolton,14,51

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back