Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Assuming we get Bolton tomorrow, I’m looking forward to being told by Tiger fans all the way through 2025 that the only reason we made finals was because of Bolton.

We might need some sort of tiger repellent here.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
talking homer simpson GIF

Freo can very clearly say "No we don't want Shai". But they do want him so now we see what suitable compensation they are going to cough up. The ball is in Freo's court. Let's see what happens.
I have said all along, it is a blinking case.
I wonder who blinks first/I don't think it is as clear cut as many here and elsewhere are making out.
Fremantle have said they are prepared to walk away if the deal doesn't fit.

If Freo never had collingwood’s pick 10, Richmond will be more than happy taking 11 and 18, maybe even giving something back.
10 and 18 is more than fair, even considering Bolton’s contract.
Don’t think Bolton can be upset at Freo if it doesn’t get done at 10 and 18. We’ll just try again next year when we had less to deal.

Would be happy if Richmond chose to walk and we bring 10,11, 18 to the draft. Can imagine the offers we’ll get on draft day for 10…
I don't think it will be Richmond who walk , as you put it.
Fremantle have said all along that if the deal doesn't fit, they will walk away and go to the draft.

I’d assume you’d be happy then with 10,11,18 for Bolton,14?

Seems to be the only deal that has got close to a decent reception on either teams board.

Replace 18 with 30.
10, 11 and 30 for Bolton and 14 is just acceptable.

Bolton and 20 for 10 and 11 is also JUST acceptable.

I have said all along, it is a blinking case.
I wonder who blinks first/I don't think it is as clear cut as many here and elsewhere are making out.
Fremantle have said they are prepared to walk away if the deal doesn't fit.

Yep and fair enough too if Freo choose to do that. All part of the Trade period.

I don’t even think this is a who blinks first scenario anymore unless either team wants to be a bunch of ****wits.

I reckon something will be worked out now where Richmond gets Picks 10 & 11 but we barely pay more in value than Pick 10 & 18 if at all. Richmond having Pick 14 makes that reasonably possible IMO.

I’ve got the feeling this trade and the Rioli trade are linked by more than just Richmond being involved in both trades. There’s no suggestion it’s a three way trade and if it isn’t I think at least one pick changes hands twice. If that’s the case I wouldn’t even be surprised if the trade is technically less in value than Pick 10 & 18 was.

The involvement of any pick (except pick 1) currently held by both clubs would not surprise me tbh but I’m pretty certain it gets done.

Last edited:
I don’t even think this is a who blinks first scenario anymore unless either team wants to be a bunch of ****wits.

I reckon something will be worked out now where Richmond gets Picks 10 & 11 but we barely pay more in value than Pick 10 & 18 if at all.

I’ve got the feeling this trade and the Rioli trade are linked by more than just Richmond being involved in both trades. There’s no suggestion it’s a three way trade and if it isn’t I think at least one pick changes hands twice.
We've said we will walk away if its too much.

We can't fold and give 11 now, especially when its so obvious that if the deal falls over it hurts us less than them.

We can't fold and give 11 now, especially when its so obvious that if the deal falls over it hurts us less than them.

Yes we can and likely will. It all depends on what we get back. If it’s 14 we should accept and jog on.

It’s a top 15 this year. To give them 2 in that range they will have to accept a lesser value

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be happy with that also.
Honestly I think after the deal you got for Baker (with a little bit of help on our end) and the one you're about to get for Rioli, there's more than enough there with 10 & 18 to kick-start a pretty powerful rebuild and there's not really much more need to chestbeat over trade wins to win the PR war either. I'm not sure there's much more to be gained for Richmond other than bragging rights and spitefully harming an opposition club (a non close rival at that).

If we were Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon, Geelong or even West Coast however I'd probably understand the Richmond position better to be able to sell it to fans.

Cmon. “We’ve said it” Really

I do agree that because we haven’t accepted 10,11, we won’t accept that. But most trades seem to fall into 3 categories.

1. Club makes a strong offer which is accepted straight away.
2. Club makes ridiculous offer that is rejected and the trade pretty much ends there
3. Club makes reasonable offer and a compromise is reached.

I can pretty much guarantee we’re in category number 3. The % chance of us walking would have to be in the single digits, if not lower.

Yes we can and likely will. It all depends on what we get back. If it’s 14 we should accept and jog on.

It’s a top 15 this year. To give them 2 in that range they will have to accept a lesser value

No, 10 + 18 is fine. They can't have 11.

At the end of the day we have zero idea what either club is saying right now because we aren't in the rooms, but it wouldn't be the first or last time a list manager said they wouldn't be coughing up something, only to proceed to cough it up.

I think taking any list manager at their word is silly.

Cmon. “We’ve said it” Really

I do agree that because we haven’t accepted 10,11, we won’t accept that. But most trades seem to fall into 3 categories.

1. Club makes a strong offer which is accepted straight away.
2. Club makes ridiculous offer that is rejected and the trade pretty much ends their.
3. Club makes reasonable offer and a middle ground is reached.

I can pretty much guarantee we’re in category number 3. The % chance of us walking would have to be in the single digits, if not lower.
It's not a reasonable offer, its as good as we should be doing already. Any more is negligent.

This isn't some 4 x AA or dual B&F winner. This is a 1 time AA who can be brilliant but also a complete non-factor. 10+18.

Turning Bolton, Rioli and Baker into 4 firsts and a second one of which is top 6 for an average player is borderline extortion. Only Good Coastvare coughing up pick 6 for Rioli

Even 10 and 18 is on a par with Lachie Neale given we gave the ****ers 30 back.

Jeremy Cameron went for 13,15 and 20 with a future second going back to Geelong, and he going to be a hall of famer. None of these guys turn the dial anywhere near these two

I think even if we do pay overs once next season starts none of us will care, it'll be long in the past.

I'm not saying we should, I'm just saying it'll all be irrelevant in a few weeks time even.

Last line is true until we turn over pick 11 and that ****er turns into Chris Judd

I think even if we do pay overs once next season starts none of us will care, it'll be long in the past.

I'm not saying we should, I'm just saying it'll all be irrelevant in a few weeks time even.
Maybe, but even if that is the case its probably because we've had 5 months to get over it.

I was still bitter about the Hogan and Lobb stupidity as late as this year and only got over it once Treacy broke out so I'll back myself to still be ****ed off in March.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back