Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

getting rid of the coach would make us a contender. We don't need Bolton for sacrificing 2 potential players.
If you want to get rid of the coach, not a totally unreasonable wish, you should be cheering on the Bolton trade harder than anyone. Coach will have nowhere to hide next year with Bolton on board

If you want to get rid of the coach, not a totally unreasonable wish, you should be cheering on the Bolton trade harder than anyone. Coach will have nowhere to hide next year with Bolton on board
I wanted him gone at the end of season for the abject failure of going from 3rd to outside the top 8. The trade I don't want at all, because it's not what we need. What we need is better outside midfielders with better skills. People like Sharp should be pushed out the team.

I wanted him gone at the end of season for the abject failure of going from 3rd to outside the top 8. The trade I don't want at all, because it's not what we need. What we need is better outside midfielders with better skills. People like Sharp should be pushed out the team.
Yes but he isn't gone. So now this is the next best thing, with Shai he either smashes us to a flag (or near about) or he's gone anyway.
I think you're underestimating the effect Bolton will have midfield too

So im only new here but seeing Tigers fans coming in here trying to haggle like we are all list managers and trying to convince us to agree to their pro-Richmond views of how the trade should look is fckn bizarre to me

What is the rationale? Do they think if they can convince us Freo fans to see things their way and agree on a certain set of terms being fair that itll somehow affect the real trade?

"If we can get Freo fans to agree then our list manager will have the blueprint to convince Walls as well! Quick - to the Freo board!"

Do they think the list managers lurk here looking for intel or ideas?

"Cave and give us all your picks or we will keep Bolton!" Yeah, you do that in your imaginary list managers role. Great job buddy

Half agree.
I could see an argument for an improved Sharp.

But arguing we don’t need goal kicking small forwards is just mental.

We’re running around with the corpse of Michael Walters, a very average Switta, a worse Banfield and Emmet and Freddy who is good for 3 games a year.

Half agree.
I could see an argument for an improved Sharp.

But arguing we don’t need goal kicking small forwards is just mental.

We’re running around with the corpse of Michael Walters, a very average Switta, a worse Banfield and Emmet and Freddy who is good for 3 games a year.
They won't play him as a forward though, they want him as a midfielder who rests forward. We need outside mids first, small forwards later. As we know small forwards are quite easy to find later in the draft.

They won't play him as a forward though, they want him as a midfielder who rests forward. We need outside mids first, small forwards later. As we know small forwards are quite easy to find later in the draft.

Are they? If that was the case we’d have some and not Michael Walters running around at 34 next year

That's a pretty outdated thought process. It's the small forwards that create pressure, repeated entries and have repeatedly been identified as the biggest indicators of success in big finals. The small forwards make the most out of good clearance work.

Outside mids, so far, we've done a pretty good job of covering. We could do with better but we're capable without an upgrade on Sharp. We really, desperately need goal kicking small forwards.

200.gif
Corkey should never be forgiven
If his move to remove the Barrass compo results in the toast being spoon contenders for the next 10 years, it'll go a long way.

I wanted him gone at the end of season for the abject failure of going from 3rd to outside the top 8. The trade I don't want at all, because it's not what we need. What we need is better outside midfielders with better skills.

I agree with you on JL, I’m a big JL doubter and I wanted him sacked after this year too, but the club have backed him for another year and I’m a Freo fan first, I want to see the club give themselves the best opportunity to win a flag in the next 5 years, and in my opinion that’s trading in Bolton. If we have another failed season next year even with Bolton, then the club can wipe their hands of JL and say “well, we gave him everything and he proved he wasn’t up to it”

A quality wingman I’d say is our 2nd priority, but you’re kidding yourself if you say a dynamic small forward like Bolton isn’t our biggest pressing need. If the club is serious about contending you need better small forwards then a 34 year old Walters, Switkowski and Emmett

You’ve got it the wrong way around, they’ll play him primarily as a small forward who can rotate through the midfield when needed. He’s not playing majority midfield minutes over Serong, Brayshaw, Young or Johnson.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think even if we do pay overs once next season starts none of us will care, it'll be long in the past.

I'm not saying we should, I'm just saying it'll all be irrelevant in a few weeks time even.

What ??????

How many times has Jesse Hogan been brought up on this very thread and that was 5 yrs ago

You get rodgered at the trade table and it gets brought up after every loss for about 8-10 years

Minimum

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gotta love some of the media trying to spin the Wc trades as loading up for Warner 😆 No they aren’t! They absolutely butchered it, now they have no choice but to accept futures! 🤦‍♂️
They have no clue if Warner wants in.
Somehow, despite almost definitely finishing bottom 4 and therefore being the last team that needs currency for Warner AND the fact they haven't even done any future trades, this dogshit trade sets them up for Warner. The Olympics of mental gymnastics...

Gotta love some of the media trying to spin the Wc trades as loading up for Warner 😆 No they aren’t! They absolutely butchered it, now they have no choice but to accept futures! 🤦‍♂️
Rare CTD post, I'm reading between the lines and working on a Warner Freo jersey swap immediately

Have never seen that fanbase so negative about a trade tbh.

Closest thing (sort of) was they melted because we got pick 2 for Weller but a lot of West Coast fans were more laughing at Gold Coast than being mad at us for pulling it off.

Hello stranger, its been a while…

Any news mate? I’ve been so bored on here I’ve turned to reverse trolling Tiges fans about moral corruption.

Save me!!

He very clearly isn't always gun which is precisely why you don't a trade price of someone that is always gun. He's not Betts kicking 50+ 4 years in a row.

We are taking the risk that he doesn't perform at his max, because that is a real possibility and the same reason why he's not just 10+11 straight up.

10+18 is the right price.
10 & 18 is right price, if Tigers dont take use all 3 picks for talented young kids (Bo Allan , Berry etc) given this is a super draft, will set us up for consistent success over the next ten years More impotant to get Chad next year
If fair deal is not on the table Let Tigers take Bolton back and see how he fits in with his current team mates next year

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back